: Jalopnik review for us Turbo owners

KevinOpp
09-12-10, 02:49 AM
i somehow missed this review when i first bought the car, but since i still love reading about what a smart person i am for buying it, i continue to read reviews. however, it's pretty hard to find any that discuss the turbo; the VAST majority are V6 only (and more than a few use the word "underpowered"--sorry, their words, not mine). so it's always nice to read a review about the engine, transmission, and suspension that one actually is driving.

anyway, this one hits the mark perfectly for how i feel about the turbo model. just really spot-on. and it also links to a 3 part SRX review which i DID read back when, but somehow missed the turbo addendum.

so, for my compatriots out there who love their turbo's like i do, and those that are jealous: http://jalopnik.com/5331124/2010-cadillac-srx-28t-first-drive

:worship:

Smokin' SRX
09-19-10, 10:54 AM
Ok.......I want one! LOL Good article. I tested one and passed on it because it had the then unknown "Turbo vacuum hose problem". A small cracked line going over top of turbo creates a vacuum loss and a loud whistle noise! There is a TSB on it now. I balked when salesmen said they "all sound that way". Damn. Coulda had a turbo.......

Guess I'll continue "suffering" in my Performance SRX. :yup: LOL

SS

KevinOpp
09-19-10, 04:40 PM
i figured you would post on this at some point---i remember your "whistling turbo" story. what's probably unfortunate is that the salesman was only exposed to that one turbo on his lot, so he probably figured they all really DID sound like that. when they replaced my exhaust tube under recall, it had, in fact, already begun to slip. the new one is tight as anything and is remaining where it should.

the article also notes that there's a different 6-speed transmission; i assume that's correct, but i don't know for sure. i just know i LOVE MY CAR.

TheCaptain
09-19-10, 10:29 PM
the article also notes that there's a different 6-speed transmission; i assume that's correct, but i don't know for sure. i just know i LOVE MY CAR.

That is correct. The 3.0L lines up the 6T70 Hydra-Matic, while the 2.8L T gets the AF40 Aisin Warner transmission.

Smokin' SRX
09-21-10, 10:29 AM
i figured you would post on this at some point---i remember your "whistling turbo" story. what's probably unfortunate is that the salesman was only exposed to that one turbo on his lot, so he probably figured they all really DID sound like that. when they replaced my exhaust tube under recall, it had, in fact, already begun to slip. the new one is tight as anything and is remaining where it should.

the article also notes that there's a different 6-speed transmission; i assume that's correct, but I don't know for sure. i just know i LOVE MY CAR.

Yeah, he probably still doesn't know as I bought mine elsewhere/but
test drove at one of few Dealers that had one around here. Glad yours is running great.
For the record, the Aisin tranny that comes w/ the Turbo shifted better, in my opinion. :banghead:

KevinOpp
09-21-10, 02:41 PM
well, i do feel for you...i have some remorse that i didn't spring for the premium and it's magically unlocking doors (but $3000 for that, when all the rest sits as unused back seat features? just couldn't do it). but that's a little step as compared to your big FUBAR one.

i'll tell you what.....anytime you're in the area, i'll rent you my car by the hour and you can have some fun, OK?

(feel free to do this to me---> :thepan: )

Smokin' SRX
09-22-10, 09:31 AM
OK! Preferred Forum Member rates I hope! Meanwhile, I'm living w/ my FUBAR (love Bruce Willis!) If it's my biggest, I'll survive.

Agreed on the Premium price tag.. Didn't need the other opts. But glad I got the chrome wheels for a measly $350! I hear they are $800 this year......