: New D3 Sway basr and Competition Springs

blkCTSv
09-11-10, 07:49 PM
Just installed the new "massive" D3 sways (front and rear) on my '10 V along with their new D3 competition springs. All I can say is WOW!!!! I expected a "crazy" stiff ride on the 710 freeway in LA, but rather I felt like I was driving a car that was better balanced and lighter (go figure) and really didn't sacrifice the daily driver ride. The stance is slightly higher in the rear compared to the other D3 springs, but real nice to me. I'll need to get on the track to really give you feedback on handling (next weekend). I have ran all of the SoCal tracks and have good data on the other D3 springs set-up. I'll be at Spring Mountain in Nevada next weekend, then hoping to get back to Big Willow Springs the following week. Can't wait!!!

thebigjimsho
09-11-10, 11:13 PM
Copy and paste. Nice.

Titaniumseeker
10-04-10, 10:13 AM
Just installed the new "massive" D3 sways (front and rear) on my '10 V along with their new D3 competition springs. All I can say is WOW!!!! I expected a "crazy" stiff ride on the 710 freeway in LA, but rather I felt like I was driving a car that was better balanced and lighter (go figure) and really didn't sacrifice the daily driver ride. The stance is slightly higher in the rear compared to the other D3 springs, but real nice to me. I'll need to get on the track to really give you feedback on handling (next weekend). I have ran all of the SoCal tracks and have good data on the other D3 springs set-up. I'll be at Spring Mountain in Nevada next weekend, then hoping to get back to Big Willow Springs the following week. Can't wait!!!

Pics Please! Thanks....

Razorecko
10-04-10, 10:36 AM
how intensive is it to get the front sway bar on ?

Gary Wells
10-04-10, 10:58 AM
how intensive is it to get the front sway bar on ?

D3 made the statement a while back on another thread regarding the installation of the front sway bar only that it would be "labor intensive". Maybe that can now be defined?

baabootoo
10-04-10, 12:17 PM
Whhy would the rear be a little higher? To me, it's too high already.

whisler151
10-04-10, 12:22 PM
Whhy would the rear be a little higher? To me, it's too high already.

Compared to the other D3 springs, not stock. People have complained that the rear of the D3 springs are too low. Giving it the appearance that the rear is lower than the front. He is saying that these D3 springs dont do that.

Everlast13
10-04-10, 01:14 PM
So the new competition springs are different than the original lowering springs?

GMX322V S/C
10-04-10, 03:28 PM
Yes, 15% stiffer and wound and finished differently.

Razorecko
10-04-10, 03:36 PM
well thats very interesting. Sounds like D3 quietly totally redesigned the springs to make up for the faults of the first generation. Now did they lift the rear spring height because of visual appearance or because it was affecting hard launching of the vehicle ? It's pretty suspicious to me.

Domsz06
10-04-10, 03:52 PM
are the new springs also more costly?

wfo
10-04-10, 06:36 PM
Nice...but where's the pics. We need pics!!

You say the rear is higher with the "competiton springs" than D3's other lowering springs..why?

Gary Wells
10-04-10, 08:47 PM
Nice...but where's the pics. We need pics!!

You say the rear is higher with the "competiton springs" than D3's other lowering springs..why?
Maybe due to the 15% stiffer spring rate doesn't allow the body to sit as low on the frame as the lowering springs?

Titaniumseeker
10-04-10, 10:13 PM
I received a quote today from the D3 on the sway bar kit. I was going to place an order but the availability of the kit is mid-November. Perhaps they are out of stock?

Gary Wells
10-04-10, 11:16 PM
I received a quote today from the D3 on the sway bar kit. I was going to place an order but the availability of the kit is mid-November. Perhaps they are out of stock?
Perhaps they only made 1 prototype to verify product acceptance prior to manufacture?

baabootoo
10-05-10, 12:12 AM

and????????????????????????? another home improvement loan?

Shorter ride height rods too?

Tony407
10-05-10, 01:22 AM
Well this is a load of crap. D3 has kept us up to date with pretty much every new product they've come out with but I haven't heard a peep about these "competition" springs. Considering I was one of their customers who purchased the original springs and had them subsequently removed because I hated the ride and stance of the car, you would've thought I would have been notified?

Not real happy with D3 at this point.

Sorry to rain on your parade! I'm glad you love the springs and the bars. I can't wait to hear more about them and maybe see some pics!!

Tony

Gary Wells
10-05-10, 06:46 AM
Well this is a load of crap. D3 has kept us up to date with pretty much every new product they've come out with but I haven't heard a peep about these "competition" springs. Considering I was one of their customers who purchased the original springs and had them subsequently removed because I hated the ride and stance of the car, you would've thought I would have been notified?

Not real happy with D3 at this point.

Sorry to rain on your parade! I'm glad you love the springs and the bars. I can't wait to hear more about them and maybe see some pics!!

Tony

Not to pass judgement on whether you should be kool or unkool about the announcing of the competition springs / sway bars, there have been several mention by both D3 and forum members on several threads / posts that these were soon to come out.

Dr. Design
10-05-10, 02:54 PM
Hello,
As mentioned before we will formally announce the arrival of this product along with others just as soon as they are ready for official release. The set of bars and springs that were installed on this car were 1st production runs to verify fitment, functionality, driveability, NVH, ride quality, and performance. The results have been GREAT! And we are pushing forward with production. Expect to see a formal release as we get closer to SEMA.

This is just one of the many new products and releases we will have leading up to SEMA. Stay tuned!

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

DrumStix
10-06-10, 12:18 AM
Are the blueprinted?

Razorecko
10-06-10, 02:07 AM
so they are 15% stiff.....now why are the rears higher than your previous springs ?

Dr. Design
10-06-10, 03:56 PM
Actually these are designed in Solid Works off of the CAD blueprints to ensure excellent fitment.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Are the blueprinted?

baabootoo
10-07-10, 12:04 AM
I thought that I read these were for performance rather than looks, hence the stiffer spring.

Titaniumseeker
10-07-10, 08:08 AM
The problem I have with D3 is their constant rush to get parts out into the market. They repeatively place items on their website that are either still in development or just a prototype then get their shorts bunched up when forum members call them on it. Simple solution, if the part is in development or you are prototyyping it then say that! Don't advertise as if the part is in stock and ready to ship. And don't get me started on those springs.... End rant!

Domsz06
10-07-10, 08:56 PM
Titani....

I would call it getting people excited so they buy their product. And it works. Look how much just this forum talks about their products in development. It's like free advertising....

Q8 6.2
10-08-10, 05:47 AM
i would like to say im VERY happy with my D3 springs. fantastic product zero problems and the hight is just perfect for the look of this car keep the cool products coming.
i have a feeling that everyone who complains has bad installer or else i would have problems too..

believe it or not i walked into the cadillac dealer here in kuwait and they had your cold air kit for sale i love good aggressive companies that take the lead and brings out new products with good customer support good luck to you.

i will be at SEMA this year do you have a booth there??? would like to come by.

ErikH
10-09-10, 12:45 AM
blkCTSV - you should show your car at Supercar Sunday - Woodland Hills. There's usually a couple Vs out there and it would be a good opportunity to check those mods out firsthand.

thebigjimsho
10-15-10, 07:55 PM
Still no pics??

Dr. Design
10-20-10, 07:05 PM
Here is a quick picture.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/IMG_0581.jpg

Formal release coming soon.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Still no pics??