: Since We Post our Favorite Hot Celebrities...

93DevilleUSMC
09-11-10, 02:32 PM
..then, gentlemen, I give you Anna Paquin!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Anna_Paquin_2009_adjusted.jpg

Rolex
09-11-10, 03:45 PM
Man oh man...if you're following the True Blood series she stars in on HBO then you know how totally hot she is. She's had a couple of scenes this season that were :quagmire:

orconn
09-11-10, 05:49 PM
Most of the young "celebs" are "nickle rockets" so their quickly passing appeal out paces my ability to keep track! Anna Paquin must be quickly approaching "fading star" status if she's the same girl that got the Oscar for the "Piano".

I have to say my favorite celebrity, is Betty White. I've known since I was 8 years old and she was just starting out on KLAC-TV Channel 13 in L.A. She was a childhood and teenage touchstone for me as I was growing up and a continual joy in my adult life. I hope Betty is around a few more years .... if she isn't, what a run! I can only say "thanks, Betty for all those years of laughs you brought me!"

Jesda
09-11-10, 10:19 PM
Slore needs a dentist.

gdwriter
09-11-10, 10:53 PM
I have to say my favorite celebrity, is Betty White. I've known since I was 8 years old and she was just starting out on KLAC-TV Channel 13 in L.A. She was a childhood and teenage touchstone for me as I was growing up and a continual joy in my adult life. I hope Betty is around a few more years .... if she isn't, what a run! I can only say "thanks, Betty for all those years of laughs you brought me!"Betty is the bomb. She was brilliant as the sweet-on-the-outside-snarky-on-the-inside Sue Ann Nivens. It's so cool to see her still making us laugh at 88. And from all indications, she's a great person when she's not in the spotlight as well.

As a bonus, she's a long-time Cadillac driver. Her 1st-generation Seville was recently donated to a museum, and based on a YouTube video somebody posted, she still drives a 5th-generation Seville.

orconn
09-12-10, 12:36 AM
Betty gave me a ride in her first "new" car a 1952 tomato pink with ivory leather (?) and cloth interior, with a continetal kit! She was so proud of that car, and why not! I think I told the story before of how I met Betty White when she was appearing on the Al Jarvis Show, one of the very first daytime televison shows, on KLAC-TV. My father was chief engineer of the station from 1949 to 1953, and would take me to work with him a couple of times a year. Ofcourse this was during the very early days of commercial television and Channel 13 was an independent station that became a starting point for many young up and comers who later gained national fame. When I would visit the production studios I pretty much had the run of the place during my stay. There was an unused directors glass booth on the stage where Betty worked with Al Jarvis doing their show, one of my favorite things was to sit in that booth to watch the show, but also to exchange funny faces and mock flirting with Betty when she wasn't on camera. I also got to know Liberace and his brother George, Mickey Rooney (who was down on his luck at the time and came into the station looking for work), Leo Carillo (I actually appeared on his illfated children's TV show) and along list of other movie and soon to be TV personalities (to be honest I was more interesrted in what they were driving than I was in them, except for Betty). But Betty White was always my favorite. Later on as an adult, my wife and I ran into her on several ocassions at different functions in L.A. ... she alsways said she remembered me from those early days! I am sure Betty had many Cadillacs over the years, as that was the car of choice by most of entertainment folks. Later on these were mixed in witth Mercedes and Jags. Ofcourse if their shows were sponsored by a particular carmaker they drove that brand. The Motion picture people were more adventuresome in their car choices and many of their cars were purchased and service at the Peter Satori Foreign Car agency in Pasadena.

I particularly remmber George Peppard's beautiful dark blue Aston-Martin drophead whose front wheel had come off at speed and left a neat crease down the front quarter panel. There was also Dan Blocker's (Bonanza) red Maserati GT that showed up on Satori's used car lot, the car had an obvious sag to the springs on the driver's side!

But Betty will always be my favorite!

The-Dullahan
09-12-10, 01:03 AM
Further research indicates that this "True Blood" is apparently some "Twilight-Esque" nonsensicality. After hearing that, I looked at her photo and was unable to see any beauty.

gdwriter
09-12-10, 01:24 AM
But Betty White was always my favorite. Later on as an adult, my wife and I ran into her on several ocassions at different functions in L.A. ... she alsways said she remembered me from those early days!

But Betty will always be my favorite!I'm truly jealous that you got to know this wonderful woman. I'm not a big celebrity follower, but I would love to have dinner with Betty White, Carol Burnett and Vivian Vance (who unfortunately has been dead for 31 years).

orconn
09-12-10, 01:53 AM
Just as an aside, one of the more interesting and certainly beautiful actresses I got to know was Uma Thurmond. So much better looking in person than on the screne (not that I've scene many of her films). After a long hiatus from coming in contact with industry folks, I starting meeting them again as I represented some companies tied into the film industry on Wall Street. My son's daily activities as a young competitive equestrian also, in more recent years lead me to meet and get to know many male and female "movie stars" in the nineteen nineties. I have never paricularly cared much about celebrities, considering their lot more of aburden than something to be enjoyed. My contacts have always been informal (except for business) and social not of a fan nature.

I will admit to having enjoyed spending a day with Jennifer O'Neill. For those too young to remember, Jennifer was the star of the movie "Summer of '42" and a very beautiful young starlet indeed. She was for my young college group one off the truly iconic female aspirations of our youth. The fact that I married a young women who looked very much like Jennifer probably says it all. My son was in the market for a new hunter/jumper and Jennifer O'Neill happened to have one for sale so our trainer, son and I trooped out to her stable so he could give it a test ride. We didn't buy the horse, but I got to spend a friendly afternoon with this aging but still beautiful lady. Over the next few years we always warmly greeted each other at horse shows.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-12-10, 01:55 AM
Further research indicates that this "True Blood" is apparently some "Twilight-Esque" nonsensicality. After hearing that, I looked at her photo and was unable to see any beauty.

Pfft, whatever, you'd still slide it in deep.

The-Dullahan
09-12-10, 04:31 AM
Pfft, whatever, you'd still slide it in deep.

Nope. Could make a great vampire joke here, but I don't think any of you would get it. Pennsylvania Humour. To be honest, I've forgotten what she looked like, save that the photo had her in black with a white backdrop and her hair was blonde or light red (strawberry blonde?) I can respect her for whatever talent she has, which is probably quite a bit, as said series is apparently popular and though I've never heard of it, nonetheless watched it, I can only speculate she does her part well. Television acting has never been among my favourite arts, then again, to use music as an example, there are so many female singers that male fans probably swoon over whom I still see only for their vocal talent. I don't think I see beauty in people I do not thoroughly know, so random strangers, famous celebrities or otherwise are just that to me - Strange. You all think I am insane anyway, so debating this feels irrelevant, but I am somewhat intrigued at the way people -all kinds of people- act about celebrities.

Submariner409
09-12-10, 10:54 AM
Flip side.........A male country music celebrity who recently died - Jimmy Dean. Got his start in DC on old Channel 5. Several of us used to ride our bikes down Connecticut Avenue to the station - before the (live) show time you could just walk in and sit in the small audience. No rehearsals, no tapeovers - all live - and most commercials were either 16mm film or live from beyond a partition in the main studio. Fun. Everybody would sit around with a Coke after the show. He was a bit older than I - later on - years and years later - he always had a large (96') yacht named Big Bad John. He and his wife spent a lot of time cruising the East Coast - I ran a 60' yacht for a gent from DC during the 90's - we would run into Dean in quite a few ports. Always cordial and always good for a Bourbon and water over boat stories. Nice guy.

Florian
09-12-10, 12:04 PM
Anna is no longer Paquin, but Moyer.....she married "Bill" Steven Moyer a few weeks ago.......oh, BTW, she goes both ways.....most definately hot.

F

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-12-10, 12:17 PM
I've had a boner for Christina Ricci since I was a kid. 5'1", natural 36C's, brown hair/eyes, pouty face. Perfect.

orconn
09-12-10, 01:17 PM
Jimmy Dean was a Richmond resident until his death a couple of weeks ago. I very much admire his generosity to the community. And the fact he invested well and turned a singing career into a life well spent. I would have enjoyed knowing him.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-12-10, 01:23 PM
Jimmy Dean? You mean the sausage guy?

Destroyer
09-14-10, 09:30 AM
Betty gave me a ride in her first "new" car a 1952 tomato pink with ivory leather (?) and cloth interior, with a continetal kit! She was so proud of that car, and why not! I think I told the story before of how I met Betty White when she was appearing on the Al Jarvis Show, one of the very first daytime televison shows, on KLAC-TV. My father was chief engineer of the station from 1949 to 1953, and would take me to work with him a couple of times a year. Ofcourse this was during the very early days of commercial television and Channel 13 was an independent station that became a starting point for many young up and comers who later gained national fame. When I would visit the production studios I pretty much had the run of the place during my stay. There was an unused directors glass booth on the stage where Betty worked with Al Jarvis doing their show, one of my favorite things was to sit in that booth to watch the show, but also to exchange funny faces and mock flirting with Betty when she wasn't on camera. I also got to know Liberace and his brother George, Mickey Rooney (who was down on his luck at the time and came into the station looking for work), Leo Carillo (I actually appeared on his illfated children's TV show) and along list of other movie and soon to be TV personalities (to be honest I was more interesrted in what they were driving than I was in them, except for Betty). But Betty White was always my favorite. Later on as an adult, my wife and I ran into her on several ocassions at different functions in L.A. ... she alsways said she remembered me from those early days! I am sure Betty had many Cadillacs over the years, as that was the car of choice by most of entertainment folks. Later on these were mixed in witth Mercedes and Jags. Ofcourse if their shows were sponsored by a particular carmaker they drove that brand. The Motion picture people were more adventuresome in their car choices and many of their cars were purchased and service at the Peter Satori Foreign Car agency in Pasadena.

I particularly remmber George Peppard's beautiful dark blue Aston-Martin drophead whose front wheel had come off at speed and left a neat crease down the front quarter panel. There was also Dan Blocker's (Bonanza) red Maserati GT that showed up on Satori's used car lot, the car had an obvious sag to the springs on the driver's side!

But Betty will always be my favorite!Neat story.