: 1st time to the track. Fun as hell. slips posted any help suggestions?

aburd
09-11-10, 01:51 PM
6827468273Was my first time to the track. It was 90 Deg with abou 70% humidity. Elevation is 940. I had the car in competition mode with tranny in sport. I would build rpm to about 1500 then hammer it. some slippige but i made 13 passes and here are my first and best slips. My first was the worst time and the rest were in between. was really fun and I hope as the temp drops so will my times.
only mod is KPE CAI. 1/4 tank of gas on hankooks v2 tires.

thanks.

baabootoo
09-11-10, 02:28 PM
Did the Hankooks spin a lot? Secondly, I'd turn the TC all the way off for the extra power.

RB190
09-11-10, 02:29 PM
Anytime you can run a 12.2 the first time out, it's time to do a little bragging. That's pretty darn good. When it gets a little cooler, and you get a little practice, look out. You might get in the 11s.

RB

newcadman
09-11-10, 02:40 PM
6827468273Was my first time to the track. It was 90 Deg with abou 70% humidity. Elevation is 940. I had the car in competition mode with tranny in sport. I would build rpm to about 1500 then hammer it. some slippige but i made 13 passes and here are my first and best slips. My first was the worst time and the rest were in between. was really fun and I hope as the temp drops so will my times.
only mod is KPE CAI. 1/4 tank of gas on hankooks v2 tires.

thanks.

On your posted "best" run timeslip are you the 12.26@118.23 or the 12.62 @ 113?

aburd
09-11-10, 02:50 PM
12.6 my name is circled at top

aburd
09-11-10, 02:51 PM
i had some slippage but there were a few launches i didnt slip at all. the track had a huge race last weekend so maybe traction was better than normal.

newcadman
09-11-10, 03:36 PM
12.6 my name is circled at top

Thanks for clarifying. I did see your name at the top but after reading that member RB190 felt you ran a 12.2 I thought I would go to the source ,you, for the point of clarification.
With 13 runs it sounds like you must have almost been hot lapping. FWIW,next time you might wish to allow a little more cool down between runs as well as try taking off the plastic "supercharger" shroud on the top of the engine and lifting the hood between runs.

aburd
09-11-10, 04:50 PM
good tips will do. the track was near empty so i was just having fun. do the times seem ok for track temp and stock with cai?

newcadman
09-11-10, 09:28 PM
good tips will do. the track was near empty so i was just having fun. do the times seem ok for track temp and stock with cai?

I don't know that your question as do your times seem ok can be answered with any real certainty or accuracy due to the fact that your V was definitely experiencing rather serious, "heat soak",IMO! Not a good scenario to draw any conclusions from. Heat is every engine's enemy and more so if supercharged or turbocharged.

I might suggest that the next time you run the car allow it to cool down and look at your mph number on your time slip to basically determine if the power you are making is "ok". Your mph is a good indicator as to what kind of HP your car is making.

Good luck

gnxs
09-11-10, 09:37 PM
You certainly have a tenth or two left in the 60 ft., which should give you and .2-.3 in the quarter. I'd also take newcadman's suggestions on cooling the car to heart when you're going for a fast timeslip (I know you were just enjoying yourself hotlapping it this time :) ). Also, I calculated the DA for you best pass to be over 3200 feet, not exactly ideal drag racing weather.

I'll add your info to the ET/Modification Spreadsheet that's stickied. I know you've been trying to get the slip posted. The 12.6 was your best pass, correct?

aburd
09-11-10, 11:40 PM
ya 12.6 was my best.. and i understand the whole cooling thing but when its 90 and no line to run i just wanted to experiment and have fun.
thanks to all

aburd
09-11-10, 11:43 PM
i did notice as the temp dropped from 90 to 83 i went from12.87 to 12.62. 60 foot times the same. could be coincidence or not. but i absolutely nailed it with no spin a couple of times and was suprised by the results. im sure the engine was soaked.

not bad to go from never raced to 13 passes in one night with car seat in back.