: Man, I am loving the cooler air the past couple of days

NC_Cadzilla
09-11-10, 01:12 PM
Bought my V back in July in the middle of the hot and humid season here in the South so I know I wasn't feelling how fast this car could be with some cooler air.

Today was about the second or third day in a row in which the temps dropped below 70 so I took her out for a little spin. Got to a stop sign near my house, turned off the TC, and gave her half throttle from the dig. I will say I was in the middle of 1st(auto) and she started getting froggy. I wasn't expecting that :bouncy: When I came back home, I noticed a nice little section of black marks. Glad I let off when I did, because the ditch was closer than I thought it was when she started losing traction.

Definetely can wait till it drops to about 55-60, because it should get really fun. :cool:

cbloveday
09-11-10, 01:17 PM
Yes, I have noticed the difference here in Chicago as well. :)

RapidRob
09-11-10, 07:40 PM
Bought my V back in July in the middle of the hot and humid season here in the South so I know I wasn't feelling how fast this car could be with some cooler air.

Today was about the second or third day in a row in which the temps dropped below 70 so I took her out for a little spin. Got to a stop sign near my house, turned off the TC, and gave her half throttle from the dig. I will say I was in the middle of 1st(auto) and she started getting froggy. I wasn't expecting that :bouncy: When I came back home, I noticed a nice little section of black marks. Glad I let off when I did, because the ditch was closer than I thought it was when she started losing traction.

Definetely can wait till it drops to about 55-60, because it should get really fun. :cool:

Yeah - we've had a cooler than normal summer so far this year, and it's been a blast driving the v2 around!! BUT!! I just noticed that I don't have that much tread left on my rear PS2's now, at only 11.7K miles. Jeez - won't be long till a new set of tires will be in my future ... ouch! I thought they would last a bit longer as I don't think I burn rubber THAT often ... ?! Oh well ...

Rob

snzuloz
09-11-10, 09:08 PM
I'd be happy to have some of your warmer weather, what a crappy summer we've had!

DrumStix
09-12-10, 12:41 PM
Yeah man, the cool weather makes a huge difference on our cars. Wait until those 45 degree January days. The car is an animal :yup:

aj660
09-12-10, 01:20 PM
Yeah man, the cool weather makes a huge difference on our cars. Wait until those 45 degree January days. The car is an animal :yup:

This is true, but then traction becomes more of a problem until you get to 2nd gear. 1st gear is useless in the winter and sometimes 2nd is too when it's really cold.

DrumStix
09-12-10, 02:03 PM
3rd gear when you've got 700 HP. :)