: Foglights out???

kblair3d
09-11-10, 11:13 AM
anyone have the instructions on how to get to the foglights?

EChas3
09-11-10, 10:44 PM
The 'book' says to remove the bumper cover. Some members have had success merely removing the wheelwell liner.

kblair3d
09-11-10, 11:27 PM
The 'book' says to remove the bumper cover. Some members have had success merely removing the wheelwell liner.

Bumper cover ? As in fender? are they crazy ... Im not bob the builder ... looks like Im going greek through the wheel liner. ugh ... I see a project coming ...

EChas3
09-11-10, 11:51 PM
No fenders involved. I think someone posted that the bumper comes off in about 20 minutes. (2 bolts & over a dozen clips?) If you don't have a floor jack & stands, you'll spend more time jacking the car & removing the front wheels than R&R on the bumper.

BaTu
09-12-10, 10:45 AM
Bumper cover is a piece of cake ;) In fact, everybody should try it! It makes such easy access to So Many things and a must for a remote radar or laser jammer (anybody else have a Laser Interceptor?)

That being said,,,, No, you only have to pull the bumper cover to get to the headlights, the foglights are much lower and only have to have the front panel in the inner fenderwell removed. There's a round "cap" you rotate and pull to expose the back of the bulbs

If you can remove the tires easily (floorjack & impact tool) it makes things really fast, BUT you Can work around the tire by turning it in to expose the push-pins that hold that panel on.

kblair3d
09-12-10, 07:08 PM
Bumper cover is a piece of cake ;) In fact, everybody should try it! It makes such easy access to So Many things and a must for a remote radar or laser jammer (anybody else have a Laser Interceptor?)

That being said,,,, No, you only have to pull the bumper cover to get to the headlights, the foglights are much lower and only have to have the front panel in the inner fenderwell removed. There's a round "cap" you rotate and pull to expose the back of the bulbs

If you can remove the tires easily (floorjack & impact tool) it makes things really fast, BUT you Can work around the tire by turning it in to expose the push-pins that hold that panel on.

I may prefer going through the Bumper cover, any pics posted that would help a guy like me :yup: Im the one who loves IKEA's instructions... pictures pictures and more pictures. Im practical that way .:D

BaTu
09-12-10, 08:49 PM
Really, it doesn't make sense to go through taking the whole cover off if all you're doing is to get to the Fogs.

The first thing you do to remove the bumper cover is to take the front of the inner wheel well off to gain access to the bolts that connect the cover to the front fenders. Once removed, at that point, all you have to do is reach in and twist the foglight cover off. No real reason to go any farther....

galaxy1000
09-15-10, 06:58 PM
Here's some pics from my headlight conversion. The bumper cover came off easily, as you can see the foglights twist and pull out.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68035

kblair3d
09-15-10, 08:07 PM
Is it really that easy to get the bumper off? how about back on too? Im no Bob the Builder but Im not exactly Tim the Toolman, I can make my way around.

Here's some pics from my headlight conversion. The bumper cover came off easily, as you can see the foglights twist and pull out.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68035

BaTu
09-15-10, 08:33 PM
It's a lot easier than you'd think it would be by the way the car looks after (when I did it my wife came home and said "Oh Geez, what'd a hit?" ;) )

BUT that being said, you need the right tool to pull all the pins, you're going to break some so you need some replacements. It's MUCH easier with the tires off and a 2nd person helps to "wiggle" it off both sides at a time. Also, you stand a chance of scratching the ft fender when putting it back on by yourself.

Don't do it just for S&G, if there's a reason, don't hesitate though....

kblair3d
09-15-10, 10:17 PM
It's a lot easier than you'd think it would be by the way the car looks after (when I did it my wife came home and said "Oh Geez, what'd a hit?" ;) )

BUT that being said, you need the right tool to pull all the pins, you're going to break some so you need some replacements. It's MUCH easier with the tires off and a 2nd person helps to "wiggle" it off both sides at a time. Also, you stand a chance of scratching the ft fender when putting it back on by yourself.

Don't do it just for S&G, if there's a reason, don't hesitate though....

see see.... no way ... not for me ... "It's MUCH easier with the tires off and a 2nd person" thats all I needed to hear ... 2nd person, I'll do the $80p/hr service charge. This way they know what theyre doing and I can freak out if its not done right. lol thanks though 2nd person to rip my car fender off .. no way :histeric:

caddyfat2
09-16-10, 09:16 AM
Batu is right, thru the wheelwell liner is the way to go. 20 minutes complete.