20-25
26-30
31-35
36-40
41-45
46-50
51-55
56+

Oh well still get a good idea of the norm...

snzuloz
09-11-10, 09:03 PM
ttt bump

GMX322V S/C
09-12-10, 12:15 AM
Cadillac has come a long way from the "62-to-dead" demographic (term they actually used internally back in the day :shhh:)

JFJr
09-12-10, 09:17 AM
The number of older owners is not surprising since a lot of us had previous experience in high performance sports cars and sedans before the first CTS-V appeared as a 2004 model. I enjoyed my 2005 CTS-V, too, and my first impression was that it had better steering feel than my 2001 Z51 Corvette. I was hooked after that.

Jud

snzuloz
09-12-10, 01:33 PM
Interesting mix so far...

IBNR
09-12-10, 02:38 PM
This is one of the more interesting polls to show up one this forum since I've been around. Good number of responses as well. The nearly-even distribution from 25 up is great to see! Cadillac should be very proud of that, indeed.

snzuloz
09-12-10, 02:50 PM
This is one of the more interesting polls to show up one this forum since I've been around. Good number of responses as well. The nearly-even distribution from 25 up is great to see! Cadillac should be very proud of that, indeed.

Thankyou, I was curious as to what age groups best represent the V2, must say i'm impressed by how spread out the results are so far. Guess that shows that Cadillac has built something that appeals to a broad spectrum. I thought price would ultimately dictate the end result but apparantly I'm wrong so far...

snzuloz
09-16-10, 07:54 PM
bumpity bump

Easy2speed
09-16-10, 11:47 PM
I thought I was the youngest since I bought mine at 25, but there might be someone younger than me.

aj660
09-17-10, 04:02 AM
I thought I was the youngest since I bought mine at 25, but there might be someone younger than me.

I'm sure you are one of the youngest. I was 19 when I was driving my 1st Cadillac; it was a 4 door sedan with a big V8 and it was given to me by my grandfather. I must have looked pretty funny driving that car. I also should mention that I looked 16-17 when I was 19. I loved that car at the time and more than 15 years later, I love my Cadillac cts-v.

Domsz06
09-17-10, 08:58 AM
I bought my first corvette, c6z06 at 27 ;) and now my v at 31, i'm loven life ;)

Congrats at your v at 25 ;)

mannyz
09-17-10, 10:28 AM
Im 23, bought my Gen 1 CTS when I just turned 21. It was a base model (3.2L) so that being said it always left me earning for more. Before that I had my first car at age 17 which was a Nissan 300ZX(non turbo) and provided tons of fun ;). Everytime I saw another CTS I would look or glance to see if it was a 3.6L or a V. I decided to heck with it and get the car I actually want next time. So here I am with the V and no regrets.....if I could do it again I would in a hearbeat.

neuronbob
09-17-10, 03:13 PM
I wish I'd been able to afford a V at 23. :) Good on you for earning enough (I assume) to do that.

We need to redo this poll. As noted above, the above 50 options need to be tweaked. I'm just so used to seeing proper bell curves that that distribution above looks strange.

V&Vette
09-17-10, 04:32 PM
Bought my first Corvette at 22 as well as my first Caddy (Escalade). Oh the days.

mannyz
09-17-10, 05:01 PM
I wish I'd been able to afford a V at 23. :) Good on you for earning enough (I assume) to do that.

We need to redo this poll. As noted above, the above 50 options need to be tweaked. I'm just so used to seeing proper bell curves that that distribution above looks strange.

Well, its financed right now it wasnt bought straight up cash but I had enough stashed aside to make a good down payment. Thanks man, sometimes I feel bad and have older guys looking at me like WTF? Who is this kid? I do pay my own bills though so whatever.

snzuloz
09-22-10, 11:23 AM
Bumpity bump bump (is this everyone?)

BeagleBrains
09-22-10, 02:30 PM
:hmm: A more accurate measure of CTS V Ownership is:
At what income level can you qualify for a $70,000.00 car purchase (financing)?
What sort of budget planning/priorities will permit saving the amount required to purchase a $70,000.00 car?
Having no posessions of any value except for a $70,000.00 car.
At what age will you have qualified yourself for an income compensation level that will reasonably budget (home, possessions exceed the value of) a $70,000.00 car purchase?
Skill, education, luck, inheritance :rolleyes:, being at the right place at the right time!
Age most often merely defines the time required to achieve any or all of the above.

snzuloz
09-22-10, 02:51 PM
What sort of budget planning/priorities will permit saving the amount required to purchase a $70,000.00 car?
At what age will you have qualified yourself for an income compensation level that will reasonably budget (home, possessions exceed the value of) a $70,000.00 car purchase?
Skill, education, luck, inheritance :rolleyes:, being at the right place at the right time!
Age most often merely defines the time required to achieve any or all of the above.

Completely agree, but what's interesting here is the spread of the numbers, the car seems to appeal to almost all age groups (granted the younger crowd is usually not able to purchase something like this unless they are doing very well for themselves).

wfo
09-22-10, 08:48 PM
The best car for the money...has it all.

Z06ified
09-24-10, 10:20 AM
Looks to be a relatively young owners group. I can't tell what the average is, but 80% are under 50 years old. I'm sure that's a much younger age profile than the overall average for Cadillac, except for perhaps the Escalade. I think Cadillac would be pleased with this, as I know they're trying to lower the average age of the owners and adopt a much younger image. I'll bet the V's age profile is similar to that of BMW M and MB AMG owners, and that's a good thing. If I recall, I think Audi had the youngest average owner age of any luxury brand.

chrswk
09-24-10, 10:33 AM
Or maybe the younger owners are just more likely to be on the internet and use forums like this one...

Domsz06
09-24-10, 10:36 AM

well yes and no...

we all have different needs and want in our lives, plus location plays into the fact.

Some younger people have no desire to buy a house, so they rent and then they could afford a 70k car much easier.

Some people do not marry young (myself) so not having a wife or children means I have lots of spare $ I can play with.

Before the recission you could get into a 70k car with basically zero down and if you could make the grand payment if you put 10grand down you could get it. I'm not sure on what the amount is, more like the credit score and some of your income. They approved me no issues and I didn't have any debt at the time. I'd venture to say around 40k income and you could finace it. Now adays with all the rules changing I'm not sure it's the same.

There are lots of polls we could put out here. On the vette forums they have one with what is your education/job/work etc that allows you to afford the car. That is always interesting as well.

Domsz06
09-24-10, 10:43 AM
Or maybe the younger owners are just more likely to be on the internet and use forums like this one...

I would think that has some to do with it.

Domsz06
09-24-10, 10:44 AM
Looks to be a relatively young owners group. I can't tell what the average is, but 80% are under 50 years old. I'm sure that's a much younger age profile than the overall average for Cadillac, except for perhaps the Escalade. I think Cadillac would be pleased with this, as I know they're trying to lower the average age of the owners and adopt a much younger image. I'll bet the V's age profile is similar to that of BMW M and MB AMG owners, and that's a good thing. If I recall, I think Audi had the youngest average owner age of any luxury brand.

I wonder if that's still the case with as expensive as audi is getting?

Easy2speed
09-24-10, 11:53 AM
I would be shocked to see anyone making less than $80-90K per year buying a V. $40K salary and buying a V is a terrible decision.

TAGZO
09-24-10, 11:54 AM
I think the car preference comes from the culture and style of your surroundings.

For example, in GCC (UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Kuwait, etc) teenagers and youth has more of a luxury acceptance with cars. Where in the US think it is a olds man car.

In TX, almost everyone loves to have a truck! I don't.

Just like going to the university, in US jeans and t-shirt will cut it. In GCC they always like to dress up.

I like good cars and I don't think of age when buying one!

Oh! we can compare buy a CTS-V with age and area :) I think it would be interesting.

TAGZO
09-24-10, 11:57 AM
Oh! one more important thing! as a concept, Some areas in the world parents buy the car for their youth with no $$ concerns :P in US it is a self dependant thing! :cheers:

aj660
09-24-10, 03:37 PM
I can't tell what the average is, but 80% are under 50 years old. I'm sure that's a much younger age profile than the overall average for Cadillac, except for perhaps the Escalade.

You're right... only 20% over 50, but I think that chart needs to be extended to 50-60, 60-70, and 70+. I'd like to see a breakdown of the 30 people that are over 50. I'm curious if there are any 75 or 80 year old V drivers; I'm even more curious to see if there are any 75 or 80 year old female V drivers hah. There must be a few older folks who like fast cars.....

Domsz06
09-24-10, 04:30 PM
I would be shocked to see anyone making less than $80-90K per year buying a V. $40K salary and buying a V is a terrible decision.

um i bought my z06 new making well under what you said and had no issues doing anything I wanted, still saving money in my 401k etc etc....

dons
09-24-10, 05:30 PM
You're right... only 20% over 50, but I think that chart needs to be extended to 50-60, 60-70, and 70+. I'd like to see a breakdown of the 30 people that are over 50. I'm curious if there are any 75 or 80 year old V drivers; I'm even more curious to see if there are any 75 or 80 year old female V drivers hah. There must be a few older folks who like fast cars.....

I am not yet 75 but am 73 and going strong. I have owned my V now for 1 year and love it. I am taking it to the Texas Mile in October (standing 1 mile run) and am planning to exceed 180 MPH +. Love fast cars and always have, and intend to dive it till thay take my license away. Happy driving, DonS

FSTCADY
09-24-10, 05:31 PM
What are you asking? Are you asking me my age or asking me to guess what I think the average buyer's age is? Not super clear

FSTCADY
09-24-10, 05:31 PM
What are you asking? Are you asking me my age or asking me to guess what I think the average buyer's age is? Not super clear

snzuloz
09-24-10, 06:36 PM

The chart (poll) is displaying the age groups of the current V2 owners (how old they were when they purchased their car), not interested in your age per say.

Also to reiterate the first post, I know that the chart could have been done differently, but really who cares for those over 50 anyways (J/K)

digital1021
09-24-10, 08:29 PM
Well, one of the other factors that isn't being considered is the cost of living. For those that live in large cities, the cost of living is much higher than those that live in smaller cities and towns. A 3 bedroom, 2 bath house in my neighborhood starts at $299K in this economy. In Round Rock,a suburb of Austin, that would buy you a 5 bedroom, 4 bath house in a nice neighborhood. I know it is strange to me when I travel and see homes would go for Millions in Austin for less than $500K, I forget that there is a difference in the cost of living. So it isn't a far stretch for someone to have a nice home and a nice car while still saving, even on an income of less than $60K a year.

Just a thought,

~ Matt

aj660
09-24-10, 11:02 PM
I am not yet 75 but am 73 and going strong. I have owned my V now for 1 year and love it. I am taking it to the Texas Mile in October (standing 1 mile run) and am planning to exceed 180 MPH +. Love fast cars and always have, and intend to dive it till thay take my license away. Happy driving, DonS

It's great to hear that you still love fast cars. I'll probably be the same way when I'm in my 70s. Good luck at the Texas mile...

Domsz06
09-25-10, 10:31 AM
Well, one of the other factors that isn't being considered is the cost of living. For those that live in large cities, the cost of living is much higher than those that live in smaller cities and towns. A 3 bedroom, 2 bath house in my neighborhood starts at $299K in this economy. In Round Rock,a suburb of Austin, that would buy you a 5 bedroom, 4 bath house in a nice neighborhood. I know it is strange to me when I travel and see homes would go for Millions in Austin for less than $500K, I forget that there is a difference in the cost of living. So it isn't a far stretch for someone to have a nice home and a nice car while still saving, even on an income of less than $60K a year.

Just a thought,

~ Matt

My thought exactly. It was much harder when I lived in CA to support my z, then in OK, now in tx I have a new built house to my style, v and a z, in CA I could NO WAY NO HOW have it!!

BeagleBrains
09-25-10, 11:23 PM
Thank you for divulging your age. I am soon to be 70 and my wife as well. I am retired now for one month. (Don't say that I revealed her age!) The purchase of the 2004 CTS V and now the 2011 V Coupe were her idea. Fortunately (Corvettes for me), we both prefer manual shift high performance automobiles. Through 42 years of marriage, we have purchased new (only) performance cars that we could fit into our budget. Always being sure to maintain margin for nice vacations every 3-4 years and annual trips to the Chicago or Detroit International Auto Shows. Our priorities dictate two performance cars plus one Jeep for winter driving in the garage.

dons
09-26-10, 09:05 AM
Thank you for divulging your age. I am soon to be 70 and my wife as well. I am retired now for one month. (Don't say that I revealed her age!) The purchase of the 2004 CTS V and now the 2011 V Coupe were her idea. Fortunately (Corvettes for me), we both prefer manual shift high performance automobiles. Through 42 years of marriage, we have purchased new (only) performance cars that we could fit into our budget. Always being sure to maintain margin for nice vacations every 3-4 years and annual trips to the Chicago or Detroit International Auto Shows. Our priorities dictate two performance cars plus one Jeep for winter driving in the garage.

I enjoy my age. When I go to the Texas Mile I find that there are a lot of
older fellers" letting it all hang out. I plan to document my trip with good video footage, and will post same in November. You will enjoy your V, and you probably won't be able to leave it alone. LOL. DonS

_AMG_
09-27-10, 10:37 PM
Im 25 and Wanted to get the CTS-V, so i think Cadillac is appealing to the younger generation more.

aj660
09-28-10, 01:33 AM
Im 25 and Wanted to get the CTS-V, so i think Cadillac is appealing to the younger generation more.

Very simply, Cadillac produced a beautiful sedan that outperforms a Vette, and now they have lots of new customers both young and old...

dons
09-28-10, 08:57 AM
Very simply, Cadillac produced a beautiful sedan that outperforms a Vette, and now they have lots of new customers both young and old...

Amen, to that.

BeagleBrains
09-28-10, 11:24 AM
The real measure of the public response of every age is on the street.
Nearly every time I wait for my wife in the car in a parking lot, a few people will stop and want to talk about the CTS V Coupe.
Men and women approach me, wanting to offer praise about this car. Many are knowledgable of the car specifics, horsepower, track width, etc. :welcome:Of course this feeds upon my own fanaticism and leads to a lengthy banter about cars in general.
And then there are people like I encountered yesterday. He told me four times that his "friend" traded in a Corvette ZR1 for a CTS V Coupe and the dealer through in a GMC Pickup. The implication was that his "friend" certainly has more money than to I.:thepan: I finally responded that where I live, under the First Avenue Bridge, there is not enough room to park a Pickup Truck.

chrswk
09-28-10, 12:15 PM
At a recent track day with 150 people, I only remember 2 people who approached me because of the car. One guy drove a regular CTS himself and knew about the V, the other was the driver of a GT3 RS who inquired about the car after he chased me down on the track and was impressed with its performance. The other 148 probably thought "What the hell is a Cadillac 4 door doing at the track?". Nobody knows about the nature of this car, at least here in Europe. And I'm not complaining, it's exactly what I wanted: A certain rarity and a lot of understatement.

StoopidSavant
09-28-10, 07:18 PM

Just a thought,

~ Matt

Maybe I need to talk to you about managing finances. I'm in my late twenties, make more than $60k, live in the south, don't drink, never go out, never runs air conditioning at home, doesn't eat lunch, tries not to run the sprinkler on the lawn, doesn't travel often...and yet, the V2 is still off on my purchasing radar until used ones have depreciated a little bit more. That being said, to be back on topic, they got me hook, line, and sinker as far as marketing the car to me.

Domsz06
09-28-10, 08:13 PM
Maybe I need to talk to you about managing finances. I'm in my late twenties, make more than $60k, live in the south, don't drink, never go out, never runs air conditioning at home, doesn't eat lunch, tries not to run the sprinkler on the lawn, doesn't travel often...and yet, the V2 is still off on my purchasing radar until used ones have depreciated a little bit more. That being said, to be back on topic, they got me hook, line, and sinker as far as marketing the car to me.

Your kidding right? I bought my z06 on less then u make and going out 3-4 times a week......

Now I have a z and a v, granted the v is not paid for, yet

and I keep my house at 77, own my house and still invest.....

StoopidSavant
09-29-10, 02:41 AM
Your kidding right? I bought my z06 on less then u make and going out 3-4 times a week......

Now I have a z and a v, granted the v is not paid for, yet

ANSI keep my house at 77, own my house and still invest.....

Ok, now I'm definitely doing something wrong...

Domsz06
09-29-10, 08:57 AM
Ok, now I'm definitely doing something wrong...

feel free to PM me and we can discuss. I also have a feeling though that your location also plays into the fact. Isn't Savannah a very high cost of living???

That would be one of the key factors right there. When I bought my z I live in OK, and it's so cheap to live there (99% of the towns) and a month later I moved to Cali, was a bit harder there, but still doable.

Domsz06
09-29-10, 01:06 PM
Dont turn this thread into a pissing contest. If you both have a v and you both voted I dont care what other car you have or what temp you keep your house at. For the record my house is set to a cool 72.

No one is turning this into a pissing contest. He was simply stating questions and then I was putting answers.

StoopidSavant
09-29-10, 03:05 PM
No one is turning this into a pissing contest. He was simply stating questions and then I was putting answers.

Domsz06 was just trying to be helpful. It's been taken to PM.

Murph1219
10-02-10, 05:46 AM
I didn't vote because my V hasn't been delivered yet, so not technically an owner. Probably going to get pushed back again due to another deployment, but I'm 24, and the V will be a third car (toy). Im admittedly an "old" 24. Ive been married for 5 years, lived in 4 different places from FL to CA, and looking forward to working on the first child when my deployment schedule allows. Cadillac has done a great job at attracting younger buyers. Of course it started with the Escalade. Just for reference it came down to a Vette or the V for me.

neuronbob
10-03-10, 08:03 AM
I am so proud of Cadillac for its marketing of the V. From the flat "curve" we see that the car appeals to all ages. I always thought of Cadillac as an "old person's" car as that's who drives them around here. However, I love the Art and Science design that resulted in the V sedan. Further, the marketing was right on target at someone like me, who wanted performance and luxury. Last, they priced it CHEEEEEP compared the competition. If GM can keep making good decisions like this, people won't be calling it "Government Motors" for much longer!

RapidRob
10-03-10, 07:11 PM
^^^^ - Well said!!!

Rob

digital1021
10-04-10, 02:01 AM

Please don't get me wrong, I am not saying that it is a good idea, only that it is possible that someone could manage to make the payments work for them. I think it is foolish to buy, finance especially, any car that has a purchase price that is greater than your annual income. That, however, doesn't stop people from doing so.

I am fortunate, and grateful, that I can own the car I do at my age. For me, having the car I do isn't risking my ability to cover my costs and still save/invest for the future. If things were to change, I also wouldn't have an issue with switching to a less expensive car. It is, after all, a luxury that I can do without.

~ Matt

rocket2ya
10-04-10, 10:18 PM
although i might not have a v2 i think i may be the youngest v owner, im 18.

snzuloz
11-18-10, 12:19 PM
For the new members...

snzuloz
02-10-11, 05:35 PM
Bump for the newbie owners/coupes and vagons and sedans galore.

Kado91Z
02-10-11, 06:02 PM
Just took delivery of my 2011 V Sedan yesterday.....26 years old here!!

Dr.Buzz
02-10-11, 06:05 PM
40:mad:

chahockey
02-10-11, 06:56 PM
although i might not have a v2 i think i may be the youngest v owner, im 18.

wrong my man, you are not alone. I'm still 18.

Gonzales25
02-10-11, 07:17 PM
41 :cool2:

Bowtye8
02-11-11, 08:23 AM
39 :)

OldRoadDawg
02-11-11, 11:29 AM
From the 'Edit your profile' section of the forum...............

Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Hm-m-m-m:confused::confused:

kcshaner
02-11-11, 11:46 AM
Just voted, 32 years here!

NiNoDuKEz
02-11-11, 05:24 PM
checking in @ 25 for my V sedan.
got my C6 vette at 19, however... i felt like a god :P

offmango
02-11-11, 09:08 PM
36. And here I was half-thinking I was to young to get this kind of a car!

dvandentop
02-11-11, 09:28 PM
28 when i purchased, v2

24 when i bought v1

kyle's v
02-11-11, 10:12 PM
I'm 29 the V is actually my wifes car and she's 25.

dvandentop
02-11-11, 11:53 PM
pics of wife and V? lol

brlong23
02-12-11, 02:46 AM
I'm 28 and will be buying my V Coupe when I get home in May! Can't wait

Pro tour 67
02-12-11, 08:47 PM
I was 25 when I bought my V1. And I got my V2 at 29.

mberisha
09-05-11, 06:39 AM

digging up an old one.....yup....probably has something to do with it....

mberisha
09-05-11, 06:53 AM
At a recent track day with 150 people, I only remember 2 people who approached me because of the car. One guy drove a regular CTS himself and knew about the V, the other was the driver of a GT3 RS who inquired about the car after he chased me down on the track and was impressed with its performance. The other 148 probably thought "What the hell is a Cadillac 4 door doing at the track?". Nobody knows about the nature of this car, at least here in Europe. And I'm not complaining, it's exactly what I wanted: A certain rarity and a lot of understatement.

Not sure about Switzerland...but here in Southern Germany....it seems like EVER M3 owner and Porsche owner knows excatly what my '06 CTS-V is all about....

Even a couple trips up to Amsterdam and in Austria....had more people recognize my V1 than I would have EVER expected.....

BTW...what tracks do you frequent....I just had my V up at the 'Ring last Sunday....barely had time for a second lap with all the chattering about the V....

http://img003.picture2life.net/13208259/Black_CTSV_Webstie_desktop4_medium.png

M5eater
09-05-11, 10:37 AM
23 here, it's nice to see a pretty even-spread, the 12-year olds in the euro-tuner scene get old after the first waterfest you go to..

Rabbitctsv
09-05-11, 10:52 AM
35 was my first CTSV

Junkie414
09-05-11, 12:36 PM

Same here, I had to have one. The 414ci stroker V1 did me in at 21 and I had a few other toys but ended up with a V2 as a daily driver thats modded. Gotta love a 700+rw daily driver

Bookinctsv
09-05-11, 07:56 PM
18 years old when i got my V, now Im 19, 583rwhp, and thinking of a cam heads and a porting before im 20. And for my 21st bday motor and SC swap, lookin for 1000rwhp. call me crazy, BECAUSE I AM.

mother
09-05-11, 11:22 PM
Ok, so no disrespect but if your parent[s] own the car shouldn't you answer this survey with their age? 25+ I have no trouble buying, but 18-24? You can't all be first round draft picks and I just don't see many professions allowing you to purchase a $70k car in your first year or two out of undergrad*...

*And if it's a profession that didn't involve college, then well, I'm having a party this weekend, can you hook me up? :eyebrow:

HeavyH20
09-06-11, 02:34 AM
As a rule of thumb, the price of a car you purchase should not exceed 30 to 40% of your annual income to make the cost comfortable (ie. you make $100,000, you buy a car for $30,000 to $40,000). Of course, if owning a depreciating asset is a priority, you can definitely go higher, but I prefer comfortable.

deckofficer
09-06-11, 03:46 AM
Curious what the average age of the V2 buyers is

AGE GROUPS

In hindsight I should have made it appear as

20-25
26-30
31-35
36-40
41-45
46-50
51-55
56+

Oh well still get a good idea of the norm...

Even with that concession, that still puts me in the oldest group. You could split things more at the top

56~61
62~67
over 68.

Do I look like I belong in the oldest group? Who else in this group drives a knuckle-dragging, Neanderthal ride such as this........

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff452/deckofficer/DSC008911014x760.jpg

And this 30 years ago. Give us old farts a break. lol

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff452/deckofficer/Old%20ides/Image10694x970-1.jpg

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff452/deckofficer/Old%20ides/Image16964x694.jpg

deckofficer
09-06-11, 04:00 AM
18 years old when i got my V, now Im 19, 583rwhp, and thinking of a cam heads and a porting before im 20. And for my 21st bday motor and SC swap, lookin for 1000rwhp. call me crazy, BECAUSE I AM.

I have to ask, are you Justin Bieber?

I just checked, your 2 years older.

Bigron
09-06-11, 12:50 PM
Bought my V2 as a 28th birthday present to myself.
Bought my V1 when I was 25.

I need to start saving for 30.

js615
09-06-11, 02:31 PM
Let's just ignore the numbers and call it what it is: "Old enough to know better, but still too young to care."

JFJr
09-07-11, 11:59 AM
Let's just ignore the numbers and call it what it is: "Old enough to know better, but still too young to care."Ha haa! If "growing up" involves driving an old fart car, the I'll be young until it's time for the dirt nap.

Jud

smackdownCTSV
09-08-11, 06:29 PM
Better add an under 20 option. Ugh!

JFJr
09-08-11, 09:22 PM
Why not add a category for those under 30 that actually paid for or financed their cars, without financial subsidy or assistance? Point is that all these types of polls are pretty useless, given the variables. I'm not trying to offend any young adults, but let's be realistic.

Jud

ReaperV
09-17-11, 08:56 PM
Just got my first V, I'm 38.

Pfcmac
09-18-11, 10:44 PM
I'm 20 and buyin my V next month
And I'm buying my car straight out no financial assistance or trade in

Delta
09-18-11, 10:53 PM
23 here

khoeysr
09-28-11, 09:26 AM
I am very impressed that so many youngsters can afford a V.

I am also glad that it looks like us 55+ guys are still alive well and speeding.

Prof
09-29-11, 08:29 AM
I'm a recovering street racer...not cured, but dedicated to not doing it. The V2 has helped me with my addiction. Initially when I bought my '09 there were some who did not know and learned of its prowess. It seems now that my recovery is being assisted by the growing knowledge base about the ability of the the V2...more and more I just get admiring glances (often actually stares) rather than challenges...

I'm old as dirt and the biological urge to vanquish all of the competition is passing (not gone), but the knowledge that I can still stomp the shit out of most of the others is heart warming...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g50/rfouts/CTS%20V/ChrisyandRoy.jpg

deckofficer
09-30-11, 02:56 AM
I also have the V2 and feel the same way when I'm in my Track-T and get a challenge from a V2 owner. He just KNOWS his V2 is fast, but hasn't a clue what the nearly same torque in a 1790 lb car will do till he romps it, then I romp it ~~~~~~~~~ see ya. Him shifting at 6000+ rpm, me shifting at 4500 rpm and running away from him. I'm older too, gotta love it.

Prof
09-30-11, 04:34 AM
Old Guys Rule!

daowens
11-06-11, 11:15 PM
24 here. Bought a '11 Denail last November but the wifey wanted it as a mommy car so I went and bought a V2.