: Recommend some splash guards for STS

Jailtime
09-10-10, 04:14 PM
I need some splash guards (mud flaps, whatever) for my STS. The winter roads here in Utah are nasty, and I'd like to keep the crud off my car as much as possible. Where can I get an attractive flap that's still functional? I don't want something that's dragging on the ground and making the car look crummy. The molded fit ones might rub on the painted trim, not sure if I like that idea. Thanks in advance for ideas!

Submariner409
09-10-10, 06:14 PM
I need some splash guards (mud flaps, whatever) for my STS. The winter roads here in Utah are nasty, and I'd like to keep the crud off my car as much as possible. Where can I get an attractive flap that's still functional? I don't want something that's dragging on the ground and making the car look crummy. The molded fit ones might rub on the painted trim, not sure if I like that idea. Thanks in advance for ideas!

Two years back there were two owners in here who went with the black generic, flat, slightly textured flaps - one set was with the silver Cadillac script and one was blank. The type you remove the wheel(s), fit and screw onto the plastic wheelwell liner with 1/4" self tapping screws. Many pics - and not too shabby. If you did some hard searching you might still find the pics.

I'm considering doing all 4 wheels when I do the EBC rotors/brakes - those wide tires and rolled quarters allow far too much road crap and mud onto the paintwork.

Jailtime
09-12-10, 12:21 AM
My friend has a 99 STS with those flat black flaps that have the Cadillac script on them. They look great, distinctive without being "blingy". I have no idea where to find them. Maybe I'll try the dealer accessory shop. I have a 25% off coupon for that shop.

83ville
09-13-10, 03:03 PM
I dont have any guards on my car, but ran across these on ebay. I have purchased things from these guys and they are really good to work with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Splash-Mud-Guards-CADILLAC-DeVille-Seville-Blk-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5889b155e0QQitemZ38026 7222496QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries