: Cracked Block

ThumperPup
09-09-10, 09:50 PM
Ok so most of you know that i have soaked a small fortun into this caddy over the past 6 months and iv had the hg's doen and the tranny was just rebuilt
now the block is crackd i come to find out so im screwed i see things in that way

have a few questions
im really considering getting this fixed but not so sure i should or not sometimes it comes down to enough is enought do i really wana put anyting els into this car

so i guess my question is

if i decided to go with a new block what other parts will need to be reaplced ?
will i need new Rings Pistons rods
will a new block need to be drilled and sirted or studded or would i be ok with just having a new block put in without having it studed or sirted ?

also put some bars stop leak in seems like it has stoped the leak for not but like the dealer said its not a repair its just a temp fix how long do yall think this might last for and keep it from leaking for
since its probably going to take me 2 months or so to save up the money anyone think ill be save till Decmeber with it not leaking ?

thanks

johnny kannapo
09-10-10, 12:40 PM
Was the work done competently? An overheating block/heads should be checked for this sort of thing. I'd say the rebuilder of the topside is at fault. Is it possible the inserts/stud let go and this is a cover story to cover the rebuilders ass?

ThumperPup
09-10-10, 04:17 PM
i have no clue how to even tell if thats posibly what happend

all i know is that the one who did the headgaskets and top end has had 6 with cracked blocks in his shop the block was not replaced before it was just the hg';s that where doen

im not sure wtf im going to do been evyerone tryign to get a car loan and they are trying ot put me in shit
im not about to spend 3k on any cash car becuase any car i get if id ont get a warranty with it i might as well pump more money in this peace of shit caddy lol

im just tired of this day and this car sorry for my luangugae but this is just ****ing messed up

edb150
09-11-10, 11:53 PM
I am the rebuilder of the topend as you say and i am not covering any thing up. The car is 400 miles from me and was diagnosed as cracked by another source. My belief is that the 2000 headbolt design { which is deeper than the pre 2000} is holding up all too well and causing the block to crack instead of the threads pulling

Mark C
09-12-10, 09:20 AM
Is this an external crack from the leak you thought you had down by the oil filter adapter? The only thing that would cause an external crack in the casting besides a poor cast itself is probably a bad front motor mount. If you let the hydraulic oil leak out and slam the car around, the mount will hit the internal interlocking metal parts, and put large shock forces into the bolts holding the mount to the engine. Doubt having the head gaskets done would have any way to cause an external leak. That said, it doesn't make it any less of a crappy situation your you.

johnny kannapo
09-15-10, 12:11 PM
I am the rebuilder of the topend as you say and i am not covering any thing up. The car is 400 miles from me and was diagnosed as cracked by another source. My belief is that the 2000 headbolt design { which is deeper than the pre 2000} is holding up all too well and causing the block to crack instead of the threads pulling No offense, I'm just throwing out a possible senereo.