: Blue V Sedan sighting in NE Ohio--are you here?

neuronbob
09-09-10, 09:14 PM
I was driving home tonight on I-480 east when I saw a blue V sedan. I was in my S2000 and two lanes over in 15 mph traffic :( , otherwise I would have waved. Other than myself (silver), Nutz (red), and the black one in the service center at Central Cadillac, this is the only other V2 I've seen in the wild.

You here? If so, post up!

And yes, I should have been driving the V today, but today was PERFECT convertible weather, or as close to it as it gets in Cleveland.

mowershop
09-10-10, 07:40 PM
I was driving on I480 last night east in my black v2 and a trooper got me 81 in 60 sitting at grayton and 480 so watch out!! I talked with a cleveland cop thats a friend of mine and he said that there is a major push on speeding tickets right now from some grant.

Nutz
09-10-10, 10:06 PM
That area, Fairview Park, is the new Linndale. If the suns out, guns out.

neuronbob
09-11-10, 12:08 AM
OHP largely ignores I-480 on the east side, other than occasional presence of Garfield Hts cops....and they LASER. Not a big worry really.

Florian
09-11-10, 12:52 AM
I run 480 daily....there has been a huge increase in Stateys lately......they are heartless.

F

baabootoo
09-11-10, 02:32 PM
That "could" have been me. I was at Summit the day before and heading back to Chesterton, IN. Was it a WI tag?

neuronbob
09-12-10, 11:24 AM
Not unless you were headed east, which from your description you were not. I was eastbound and so was this V. I must say though that the V does not look half bad in blue, so good choice!

mberisha
09-13-10, 12:42 AM
That area, Fairview Park, is the new Linndale. If the suns out, guns out.

Wow....what a blast from the past....I used to remember ALWAYS doing the speed limit for that reason when driving through Linndale about a decade ago when I lived in Slavic Village.....

Are the Newburgh Hts. cops on I-77 as bad as they used to be on the on-ramp off of Harvard heading north?

There is no "true-er" statment than around Cleveland when "the sun is out...the gun is out"....well said Nutz!

Florian
09-13-10, 10:47 AM
Wow....what a blast from the past....I used to remember ALWAYS doing the speed limit for that reason when driving through Linndale about a decade ago when I lived in Slavic Village.....

Are the Newburgh Hts. cops on I-77 as bad as they used to be on the on-ramp off of Harvard heading north?

There is no "true-er" statment than around Cleveland when "the sun is out...the gun is out"....well said Nutz!

Nbgh Hts still blows.....Fairview/N.Olm is the new Linndale. Rocky RIver/Westlake/Lkwd on I-90 is also a problem.

F

neuronbob
09-13-10, 12:21 PM
I drive through Newburgh Heights almost daily. There's almost always someone sitting at the side of I-77. I know just to slow down when I travel through that area. It's gotten worse with the downturn in the economy.....some cities will do almost anything to keep the lights on.

wfo
09-13-10, 03:42 PM
Ok we know speed get you tickets...What Ii want to know is where's a pic of the blue V?

A556HPV
09-13-10, 04:08 PM
How about the N.E. Ohio V owners meeting at Solon with the Tuesday night cruise-in. There is an XLR that thinks he's the fastest and the best. Brought my out once, people have know idea what these are and are amazed once you tell them the story.

mberisha
09-13-10, 04:20 PM
I drive through Newburgh Heights almost daily. There's almost always someone sitting at the side of I-77. I know just to slow down when I travel through that area. It's gotten worse with the downturn in the economy.....some cities will do almost anything to keep the lights on.

I guess some things never change......at least the 5-officer Newburgh PD hasn't changed a bit in almost 10 years.....geeezzz....that 3/4mile stretch of I-77 that runs through their town must be about 50% of the revenue for Newburgh....

BTW.....I'll actually be driving from KC to my parents place on Brady Lake near Kent tomorrow....how's I-71 N and the Ohio Turnpike these days up to the Kent State exit a little ways past I-77....I believe it's SR 43?

mberisha
09-13-10, 04:30 PM
How about the N.E. Ohio V owners meeting at Solon with the Tuesday night cruise-in. There is an XLR that thinks he's the fastest and the best. Brought my out once, people have know idea what these are and are amazed once you tell them the story.

Damn....I'm going to miss the the Tuesday Cruise-In...I'll still be on the road trying to avoid getting speeding tickets from the Ohio Stateys. Are there any car shows or cruises around the Cleveland area Wed-Fri this week?

Nutz
09-13-10, 06:29 PM
Damn....I'm going to miss the the Tuesday Cruise-In...I'll still be on the road trying to avoid getting speeding tickets from the Ohio Stateys. Are there any car shows or cruises around the Cleveland area Wed-Fri this week?Thurs. 5-8:30. Get off I-71 1 mile north of Ohio Turnpike. Take Pearl Rd. North for 3/4 mile. Grace Church car show. Bout 80-100 cars every clear day. $1 dogs, $2 burgers, $3 combo platter, DJ music.

wfo
09-13-10, 07:02 PM
I thought this was a Thread about a blue V sighting? Where's the pic of the blue V?

neuronbob
09-13-10, 10:45 PM
No pics. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me. I also didn't want to fumble with my iPhone while driving in bumper-to-bumper traffic in my S2000 (e.g. 6MT). :)

If someone else wants to supply a pic of their blue V, though, I certainly won't complain.

baabootoo
09-14-10, 01:11 AM
The coloring looks pretty close. You have to get close to see thr tri-color though.

baabootoo
09-14-10, 01:12 AM
Hey, my first upload. Is it too big though?

neuronbob
09-14-10, 08:14 AM
Nah. Looking good on the track, there! Again, I wish I had time for that.

A556HPV
09-14-10, 10:50 AM
Lots! go to this site http://www.cruisintimes.org/cruisin/
It lists all the car shows and cruise-ins in the NE Ohio area. There are several cruise-in daily around Cleveland.

baabootoo
09-14-10, 02:52 PM
Nah. Looking good on the track, there! Again, I wish I had time for that.

Thanks. It was actually a small, two-lane highway in Arnold, Nebraska; yes, Arnold!

mberisha
09-15-10, 08:30 PM
Thurs. 5-8:30. Get off I-71 1 mile north of Ohio Turnpike. Take Pearl Rd. North for 3/4 mile. Grace Church car show. Bout 80-100 cars every clear day. $1 dogs, $2 burgers, $3 combo platter, DJ music.

Nutz....thanks for the heads up....if it's clear....I'll be there....sounds like fun!