: Dealership issues!

snzuloz
09-09-10, 07:00 PM
Brought my 2010 CST-V in to the shop today for some warranty concerns as well as it's first scheduled service, dropped the car off promptly at 8:00 A.M. I called the dealership at around 2:00 P.M. and low and behold they haven't even touched it yet! I get the run around and then they call me at 3:45 and ask if they can have it for another day, what kind of customer service is this? I go outta my way to make an appt. and get it there on time and then have to deal with this crap. I can't wait to see the manager when I pick up the car, I'm not to happy with this at the moment. Best of all when I drop off the car they offer me a rental which is provided by Interstate and I'd end up getting some cheap p.o.s. to drive, I thought that you would at least get a vehicle that was, one G.M., and two, Not a cheap p.o.s.

Is this just my experiences with what's out there for dealers (small market), or are there some differences to the above?

Gary Wells
09-09-10, 07:18 PM
Troy:
You're a very brave man indeed. They're probably not back from lunch with it yet. I personally wouldn't leave mine without me staying there to babysit it. But that's just me. Check your "G" meter when you get it back.

snzuloz
09-09-10, 07:27 PM
Troy:
You're a very brave man indeed. They're probably not back from lunch with it yet. I personally wouldn't leave mine without me staying there to babysit it. But that's just me. Check your "G" meter when you get it back.

I've got a couple things documented, the trip meters both A@B (B was set higher on purpose-harder to duplicate), the "G" meter, and pics of the wheels and front end to verify that there was no road rash on anything, even them I'm sure I'm in for trouble if something should occur. Just don't like being handled like this, If this is the case who needs appt's. I'll be going over that car very carefully when It gets picked up LMTY. Thanks for the concern though, that's appreciated, Troy.

cbloveday
09-09-10, 07:27 PM
Not the norm from my Dealership.

CIWS
09-09-10, 08:52 PM
I had a couple of service visits where this happened. Made appointment and 7 hours later they had yet to do anything to the car. It's pretty frustrating, but overall I would have to say these were exceptions compared to the number of times they had the car in for some type of service visit. Sometimes they get backed up.

As far as loaners, my dealership always had a Cadillac for me to drive. (usually a CTS)

tbss08
09-09-10, 11:35 PM
All but the last extended visit to the shop I had rentals from Enterprise. Twice they tried to give me another brand and twice I insisted on a GM product, a 1500 Silverado and a Tahoe were the vehicles I ended up with. The extended visit, 7 weeks long, I drove a base CTS. I would have preferred the Tahoe or Silverado to the CTS.

Oh and if you really are disappointed in a missed appointment time, try 7 weeks worth of missed times.

baabootoo
09-10-10, 02:11 AM
Can't they just reset the G meter like we do??????????????

ewill3rd
09-10-10, 09:18 AM
snz, honestly I think you should be glad.

Yeah I know how frustrating it can be to schedule something and have an expectation that it will be dealt with in a timely fashion but there are so many circumstances that can dictate why your car is not being worked on. I can't speak for another dealership but I can tell you some things that MIGHT happen in the shops I have worked at that might cause issues like this.

If that shop is like this one, there are only a couple of people that can work on that car giving it the care it deserves. If you want some greasy mitted oil jockey working on it I am sure they can grab any monkey off the street and go tell him to work on it. In this dealer when those come in there are 2 or 3 people who can work on them. Sometimes we get tied up on jobs, have broken equipment, family emergencies and any number of other unforseen things that can come up which might slow us down.
Also there could be another customer who came in before with a similar type vehicle that is in process with the person who needs to work on your car.
I encourage anyone who wants ME to work on their car to contact me DIRECTLY and I make myself available to them so that they can do that.

Another issue you might have is the person making the appointments. Perhaps they don't have an understanding that it requires special handling and they just make an appointment like they would for Granny's old Deville?

I could ramble on, and I'm not asking you to thank the dealership for giving you a false expectation, but I would say that if they treat your car properly you might be a bit more patient.
If you were one of my customers I would tell you to let me know when you are coming so I can keep an open bay to get you in at that time and handle the vehicle in a timely fashion.
I don't know the circumstances at your dealership, but a phone call to the right person might reveal more answers and keep you from being so frustrated.

Speaking for myself, I am working on 9 jobs right now, some of them have been here for almost 2 months for varying reasons from the amount of work they need, parts availability, and GM just plain holding me up for idiotic reasons.

snzuloz
09-10-10, 10:28 AM
Ewill3rd- Good response to my rant, I understand that things happen, It just always seems to happen any time I bring anything in. I did inquire if there was certain techs that handled these cars and was told that there were some factory trained personnel to handle it. Patience is something I don't have enough of, I always want to be out front, but I'm working on it... Thanks, Troy

jwa999
09-10-10, 02:47 PM
I asked about the appointment date: it's got nothing to do when they are going to work on the car, it's simply for the service advisor and car rental, so they don't have a bunch of customers coming in all at once.
I usually don't count on my V getting finished the same day. And I usually do not always get a caddy for a rental.
This is Plano,TX they're usually quite busy. My last visit took 3 weeks. An A/C component needed to be ordered.
Unfortunately, my 996TT had blown the coolant gasket leak the day before, so I was stuck driving a HRT.
When I asked why on a previous visit they drove it for 10 miles, i got blown off with a "they need to make sure everything works"

snzuloz
09-10-10, 05:52 PM
Well I picked up my car today, of course they found nothing wrong with the boost complaint I have (lack of boost), they ordered me new wheels for the clicking, they say that the can of marbles noise is coming from the a/c belt (i'll let them change it and see what happens-think the noise is the isolator rattle).

Good thing I always walk around the vehicle to check it's condition because low and behold the front end is damaged now! The bottom plastic valance pieces are all scrubbed now and the d.s. is hanging down! Had to get the manager out to have a look, then they finally decide to order the parts in for me (why can't anyone trust anything anymore?).

I am getting to the point that I don't even want to bring my vehicle in, something always happens besides the repairs. Very frustrating!

RapidRob
09-10-10, 07:43 PM
snzuloz,

Is this dealer the only Caddy dealer in your area? If not, I'd certainly give another one a try. Doesn't sound good at the one you went to this time.

Rob

snzuloz
09-10-10, 08:20 PM
snzuloz,

Is this dealer the only Caddy dealer in your area? If not, I'd certainly give another one a try. Doesn't sound good at the one you went to this time.

Rob

I only have two dealerships in my immediate area, guess I will be trying the other one out next time (wanted to stay at the place I purchased the car from thats not looking so great). Frustrating when you don't have that many choices of where you can take it for work.

V&Vette
09-10-10, 11:12 PM
Sorry to hear about the BS you're going through Troy. Life is busy enough w/o having to go through this type of crap. :nono:

I had them order the new fronts and they are back ordered so unfortunately the noise will continue on for awhile as well.

snzuloz
10-07-10, 12:05 AM
Well I had my car in again, got a new set of rims installed on the front end (might as well take the lighter wheels :bulb: ) They also replaced the damaged splitter that was marred up at the last visit to the dealership :thumbsup: They replaced my a/c belt thinking that was the clicking noise (I still suspect this might be the isolator) I will give it some time and see.
When I arrived to pick it up it was inside (freshly washed) Overall a much better experience than the last go-around :2thumbs:

The only negative was getting a rental from Budget (G5) with a horrible alignment and a nasty smell to it :ill: Oh well it feels good to go from one to the other!

RippyPartsDept
10-07-10, 12:35 AM
good to hear, now work on getting them to give you a loaner from the lot next time

GMX322V S/C
10-07-10, 02:33 AM
...When I arrived to pick it up it was inside (freshly washed)...Hopefully not in a scratch-o-matic like my dealer has (roller brushes! :nono:). Their heart was in the right place, but once was enough--never again.