: finally, a solution...

creeker
09-09-10, 04:57 PM
I was having trouble trying to find touch up paint for my 80 cdv., saxony red,the person in the paint store where I was trying to find paint suggested I try nail polish, I found a 99% match for my car, looks good.

outsider
09-09-10, 05:04 PM
nice, although nail polish might not last as long as real paint...never tried it myself :)

creeker
09-09-10, 05:06 PM
nice, although nail polish might not last as long as real paint...never tried it myself :)

I think it's pretty durable stuff,even if it only lasts a year, thats fine with me.

outsider
09-09-10, 05:15 PM
True, and you could probably put some clear over it to improve the longevity :)

leftturn
09-09-10, 10:44 PM
been there, done that :) only on my old car though. my new car had a chip and I just bought paint from www.touchuppaintonline.com, and it matched 100%. Didn't want to put nail polish on my new ride :)

creeker
09-10-10, 12:37 AM
been there, done that :) only on my old car though. my new car had a chip and I just bought paint from www.touchuppaintonline.com (http://www.touchuppaintonline.com), and it matched 100%. Didn't want to put nail polish on my new ride :)

I tried many sources trying to find paint for my 30 year old car, even found source in the states, but cannot ship paint across the line.

greencadillacmatt
09-10-10, 02:15 AM
We should start a group of Cadillac parts smugglers for our friends in Canada. Hmm... :shifty

The-Dullahan
09-10-10, 02:31 AM
We should start a group of Cadillac parts smugglers for our friends in Canada. Hmm... :shifty

I'm in.

In my Grandfather's proverbial wisdom he once randomly pointed out to me that police don't search Hearses for suspected smugglers. I eventually put it all together and realized he also once told me owned a Hearse himself back in the 30's and I recalled the lessons taught to me as a child in my beloved cemetery about how rum runners used to bring alcohol across from Canada in Hearses.

Matt, I can drop off that extra wheel you need, since I'll be so far north anyhow.

leftturn
09-10-10, 01:45 PM
oh that's right, they are liquid and you can't ship them...that stinks

someone should start a paint site in Canada then!

YourMainParadox
09-12-10, 04:08 PM
haha what about smuggling me some parts in FL :(

nail polish actually works well :P I have it on my motorcycle coating the bolt heads to match the paint and I have it where the paint chipped and no issues :P

1980coupe
09-12-10, 11:07 PM
been there, done that :) only on my old car though. my new car had a chip and I just bought paint from www.touchuppaintonline.com, and it matched 100%. Didn't want to put nail polish on my new ride :)
ordered my paint through them but I have not received it yet, was hoping it'll get here this past weekend to do a little painting of the fillers. hopefully some time during this week.

1980coupe
09-29-10, 03:16 AM
ordered my paint through them but I have not received it yet, was hoping it'll get here this past weekend to do a little painting of the fillers. hopefully some time during this week.

received my order and proceeded to paint the front and rear fillers on my caddy. had to sand the black paint that I had painted on them (front ones) and resanded the rear fillers and reprimer them and primered the front ones too. Took out my new can and painted them, gave them like 2 light coats and a final heavy coat. Let dry overnight and got a can of clear; 2 light coats and one heavy coat. Came out good I say, better than being black and the rears cracking on me. will post pics ☺