: 2011 CTS-V Coupe pricing

hulksdaddy
09-08-10, 10:07 PM
What kind, if any, of deals are out there? Are any dealers discounting, accepting GMS, etc?

jedhead
09-08-10, 10:26 PM
When I dropped off my STS-V, I took a look at a loaded CTS-V coupe in the showroom. The dealer added a $500 wax job and $2995 additional dealer mark up among other things adding over $7000 to the retail sticker price. The price was well north of $70k close to 80K. Whenever I see an additional dealer markup or an other padding to the retail price on car at dealership, that is one dealership I won't bother shopping or talking to ever.

I found this site to be fairly accurate showing the price the cars are going for in your area.

Bob

PremierJosh
09-08-10, 11:50 PM
My local dealer is accepting GMS but I'm looking for a even better incentive.

hulksdaddy
09-08-10, 11:52 PM
So, anything under MSRP, at this time, is pretty good.

hulksdaddy
09-08-10, 11:53 PM
What's the GMS discount on it?

Mark P
09-17-10, 10:19 PM
A friend of mine paid invoice for his CTS-V coupe at a dealer in Milwaukee. I paid $500 over invoice.

muohio
09-17-10, 10:45 PM
What's the GMS discount on it?

When I was looking at cars earlier this year, a 2010 CTS-V Sedan loaded was about $7k off MSRP.

Vcoupe11
09-18-10, 11:29 AM
GMS on my V coupe was $3400. Just picked it up on 09/08/2010. That included an additional $250 local rebate.

Gary

jft69z
09-18-10, 12:48 PM
Try this link for GM family pricing. It is also the same price structure as supplier except with the supplier you dont get the $250 rebate for the employee allowance. Also, the gas guzzler tax IS included in the price it pops up. 1300 for the stick & 2600 for the auto trans.

http://prod3.gmautobuilder.com/BuildYourOwn/GMFamilyFirst.byo?priceformula=EM

Joe

aj660
09-18-10, 02:19 PM
I paid MSRP... $68,290 ... they weren't flexible considering I was their 2nd v-coupe sale and mine was manual.

hulksdaddy
09-18-10, 04:47 PM
Try this link for GM family pricing. It is also the same price structure as supplier except with the supplier you dont get the $250 rebate for the employee allowance. Also, the gas guzzler tax IS included in the price it pops up. 1300 for the stick & 2600 for the auto trans.

http://prod3.gmautobuilder.com/BuildYourOwn/GMFamilyFirst.byo?priceformula=EM

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the info. Now, how do I go about getting that price? Is there some secret handshake or something?:sneaky:

Or is it just having the knowledge, and negotiating from there.

Thanks,
Dave

bobusn@mac.com
09-18-10, 11:39 PM
CTS-V coupe for USAA members is $200 below invoice at Fitzgerald in Annapolis, invoice at Heritage Bel Air. All in Maryland.

jft69z
09-19-10, 12:56 AM
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the info. Now, how do I go about getting that price? Is there some secret handshake or something?:sneaky:

Or is it just having the knowledge, and negotiating from there.

Thanks,
Dave

Ideal situation is to have someone in your family that works for GM. Next best is to try & negotiate with the dealer to get "supplier" pricing & you lose the $250 EVA (employee discount). This is not such a big deal with this car since the EVA is only $250. Some other models it can be in the $thousands which can make a BIG difference. You can poke around this link for all sorts of info:

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/

The lower right " Supplier discount for friends" is good too, same price as employee but there again, you don't get the EVA. At least if you go this way & get the GMS number from someone, the dealer won't play games with you since you have already priced the car from the website & know exactly what the car's price will be. I've heard that just about anyone can get supplier discount if you ask & have a co-operative salesman/dealer. Some places around here even mentioned if you are a member of a credit union they can push the supplier pricing thru. It all depends on your dealer I guess & how bad you want the car. Hey, it can't hurt to ask them, right?

Joe

hulksdaddy
09-19-10, 02:51 AM
Ideal situation is to have someone in your family that works for GM. Next best is to try & negotiate with the dealer to get "supplier" pricing & you lose the $250 EVA (employee discount). This is not such a big deal with this car since the EVA is only $250. Some other models it can be in the $thousands which can make a BIG difference. You can poke around this link for all sorts of info:

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/

The lower right " Supplier discount for friends" is good too, same price as employee but there again, you don't get the EVA. At least if you go this way & get the GMS number from someone, the dealer won't play games with you since you have already priced the car from the website & know exactly what the car's price will be. I've heard that just about anyone can get supplier discount if you ask & have a co-operative salesman/dealer. Some places around here even mentioned if you are a member of a credit union they can push the supplier pricing thru. It all depends on your dealer I guess & how bad you want the car. Hey, it can't hurt to ask them, right?

Joe

Joe, thanks very much for the info. I'll definitely poke around and see what I can find. I have a great relationship with my Chevy dealership. Is it possible to get a GMS number from a dealer, for use at another dealer?

-Dave

jft69z
09-19-10, 08:22 AM
Joe, thanks very much for the info. I'll definitely poke around and see what I can find. I have a great relationship with my Chevy dealership. Is it possible to get a GMS number from a dealer, for use at another dealer?

-Dave

I don't have an answer to that, probably not, if I had to guess.

hulksdaddy
09-21-10, 09:40 PM
Visited a dealer today. They offered me invoice, which came to about $4000 under MSRP. :musical: :2thumbs: