: Does amyone know how to remove the fender vents?

e6t
09-07-10, 05:22 PM
Thanks in advance!

e6t
09-07-10, 09:07 PM
hopefully the lack of responses doesnt mirror the degree of difficulty! certainly someone has removed these things, RIGHT?

rocketeer
09-07-10, 11:17 PM
I did just replace mine with the 2011 style which I think is cleaner. There are 2 clips which are squeezed to release. The issue was I couldnt reach the farthest 1 back and instead took a long handled pair of dykes and cut that sucker out. Easily pried out after that, clean up the glue and insert the new.
I will post pics tomorrow.

RemoWilliams
09-08-10, 03:33 PM
When I removed the vents, i just broke off the back tabs as well. I was able to pinch the front tabs to release them.

There is also double sided tape on the vents. I used Goof-Off to loosen the adhesive before I pulled them off.

rocketeer
09-08-10, 09:43 PM
Here is before and after for the fender vents, rear fascia insert, splitter, and front brake air input housing. No more grey plastic. Luke did a great job getting these painted for me and they are holding up very well.

e6t
09-08-10, 10:59 PM
Here is before and after for the fender vents, rear fascia insert, splitter, and front brake air input housing. No more grey plastic. Luke did a great job getting these painted for me and they are holding up very well.

i've thought about having the grey stuff painted as well... do you have any pics of the finished car from further away? did you have it painted body color or is that satin black?

also, do the new vents come with the tabs and mounting bits?

chopmeat
09-09-10, 01:19 AM
I like most of the stuff, but just because there is a part that someone makes that is considered an upgrade doesn't make it necessarily better looking at all.

rocketeer
09-10-10, 12:12 AM
All of the molded replacement parts were provided by Luke at Lindsay Cadillac after they were painted by their body shop. All reasonably priced. I did all of the installs though I don't know what Lindsay would have charged. The vents are not an upgrade just a different look from the 2011 that I prefer. I will try some longer range shots this weekend.

Domsz06
09-30-10, 09:28 AM
good to know someone else is doing the same thing I am..., or similar.

I talked to a painter last night....

He suggested painting the gray back like your last picture, and then the gray around the fog lights a black just like the chrome we are going to paint. Then leaving the fog lights chrome, the lug nuts chrome, and also the real mesh which is stainless it's natural shade. Also going to pull off the rear crest and paint it too... (it's just taped on right?)

Would make the car really "pop" but also blend in. Would be really cool IMO...

I was going to pull off all the chrome pieces and then have him paint them, as well as the tail lights. What did the chrome from Luke run? if you don't mine me asking. I'll post pics when I'm done.