: Need help with drag wheel/radial setup

cbloveday
09-07-10, 12:40 PM
I am interested in purchasing the C5 z06 wheels and shod them with MT 305/45/18 ET Radials and I got a few questions. I know there have been others that have used this setup. Need your guidance.

1.) Stems, if not included with rims (where to buy and what to get)
2.) I am assuming TPM sensors are not req as the pressure is reduced for track anyway. Is this correct?
3.) I plan to zip tie the brakelines back
4.) Do stock lugs work on this setup
5.) Spacer req? If not, prefer not to use.
6.) Any other comments to get this set-up working
7.) Any preferred between GM stamped Alcoa's vs Speedline stamped rims
(I know the alcoas are forged and stronger but the speedlines have thicker spokes and weigh 1-2 pounds less.

baabootoo
09-07-10, 02:23 PM
Dr. Buzz had a thread just like this with 45 posts, and had most things covered in it. I didn't want to read them all......

cbloveday
09-07-10, 02:54 PM
Thanks! I will read the post.

Domsz06
09-07-10, 02:56 PM
I am interested in purchasing the C5 z06 wheels and shod them with MT 305/45/18 ET Radials and I got a few questions. I know there have been others that have used this setup. Need your guidance.

1.) Stems, if not included with rims (where to buy and what to get)
2.) I am assuming TPM sensors are not req as the pressure is reduced for track anyway. Is this correct?
3.) I plan to zip tie the brakelines back
4.) Do stock lugs work on this setup
5.) Spacer req? If not, prefer not to use.
6.) Any other comments to get this set-up working
7.) Any preferred between GM stamped Alcoa's vs Speedline stamped rims
(I know the alcoas are forged and stronger but the speedlines have thicker spokes and weigh 1-2 pounds less.

1) whoever mounts your tires and rims can install. all tire shops have them
2) Correct don't need tpms

4)Yes
5)No
6) have fun
7) it's a track tire, you rarely use, so I don't think it would matter. 1-2 pounds isn't going to matter till your trapping a 1.5 60ft time, which I would venture to say is going to take you a while unless your a god like Ranger.

cbloveday
09-07-10, 09:00 PM
Thank you for your replies! Getting to work on this.

cbloveday
09-08-10, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the Help. I bought what is now in my sig.

I'll let you know how the setup works, assuming I receive and get mounted by the 18th for Byron Raceway Chicago Mustang Club (CMC) meet.