: Looking at purchasing this 94 Fleetwood Brougham

GenrlRodes
09-06-10, 06:53 PM
I found a really clean 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. It has 112,xxx miles and offers the options I am looking for, ie chrome wheels/factory indash cd. It also offers all the brougham options. Seller says everything is in great working order and that he drove the car 300+ miles and ran great.

Two issues. The dash has a crack in it and the stitching in the center of the top has come apart in two places. How correctable are these to fix????? I need some help.

Here is a link to the site and photos... Tell me what you think?
http://www.angeloscars.com/car.cfm?id=1970

jayoldschool
09-06-10, 07:36 PM
Car looks nice. Price might be a bit high, but that is one person's opinion. Run a Carfax and see what it comes up with.

Dash and top don't change how the car drives. Both must be changed to fix.

GenrlRodes
09-06-10, 07:58 PM
Carfax was clean. Started in New York then moved to Florida after a couple years. Was there until last year when it ended in Ohio. KBB and NADA list the car with that kind of miles at about 5500 for a good clean car. Others out there seem very high for similar miles and much higher. I did find a few under 70,xxx and they are over 7,000. One in NYC had only 19,xxx miles and they wanted 12,500.

Any idea as to how hard to replace either or cost?

jayoldschool
09-06-10, 09:01 PM
Dash is easy to replace once you find one. Top has to be done by a pro, and will be a few hundred.

Daz77
09-07-10, 01:16 AM
Yeah, My dash is cracked also. I was thinking about taking it out, sanding it down and lay some suede down on it. My top is jacked also. Do you know any shop in Missouri that will take it off, shave the pins and repaint???

robb257731
09-07-10, 11:04 AM
Nice car....I'd trade my 91 for it in a heartbeat.

HUF
09-07-10, 11:45 AM
I would check the underside for rust. Besides, it looks like a piece of plastic shield under the radiator is missing. There should be three pieces. One on the driver side is missing. The owner probably hit something like curb.

Clear CarFax is a must, but even a clear one does not guarantee there were no accidents.

I could live with cracked dashboard or cover it with custom covers available for $30-40. The top is a different story and expensive one.

If CarFax shows dealerships where the car was serviced you can call them and ask for service records.

Cadillacboy
09-07-10, 12:09 PM
I would say go for it , it sucks each year GM nicked out some cool options .I mean you have more buttons for the seats (lumbar support ) ,more chrome buttons on the radio .Those may sound trifle but that ride and the wheels are not tatty at all :)

Stingroo
09-07-10, 12:11 PM
Yeah, My dash is cracked also. I was thinking about taking it out, sanding it down and lay some suede down on it. My top is jacked also. Do you know any shop in Missouri that will take it off, shave the pins and repaint???

It's my understanding that in order to delete the vinyl top you also need to replace the rear glass with a piece from a vinyl delete car. I've also heard this piece of glass is discontinued.

SilverCoupe
09-07-10, 12:39 PM
Looks nice, kinda like the one I bought also.. I noticed no floor mats also. Have them throw them in for the price. I think a bit pricey as well. Otherwise very nice condition. Double check to make sure all the goodies work for that price.

GenrlRodes
09-07-10, 08:49 PM
would check the underside for rust. Besides, it looks like a piece of plastic shield under the radiator is missing. There should be three pieces. One on the driver side is missing. The owner probably hit something like curb.

Clear CarFax is a must, but even a clear one does not guarantee there were no accidents.

I had my local dealership run the carfax. They said it showed nothing. Mentioned the locations of where the owner lived. I could inquire for more details from the report. As far as the three pieces you are referring too under the radiator area....I am not seeing that. I assume you are talking about the rubber/plastic like piece that sort acts like a quard under the car. I can not see the area that looks to be missing from the pictures..

There isn't any way that a professional top company could repair the seam?

I have been looking all around online for a 94-96 Fleetwood Brougham. There are several, but either high miles, minus options I would like or are so low of mileage they think they need a mint. If anyone knows of any out there in their area, let me know. I'd be willing to drive or fly to get one....

Daz77
09-08-10, 12:45 AM
I must amid...I jumped out there and brought a FWB with a cracked dash and some bubble tires (75 series tires) on some rusted 15" rims. The engine with 87,000, interior is clean and everything works. It's just sitting in the garage looking sad because I can't find the Octavo rims and a shop that will replace the faded top. It's sad yall. Help me out please!!! LOL!!!

Stingroo
09-09-10, 10:43 AM
70 series tires were factory equipment, and 75 series were for the limousines and commercial cars (hearses, flower cars, etc.)

I would call some local upholstery places in your area to get a lead for the top. Or even call a body shop - they usually have people who do this for them or a guy who does it on site.

If both of those fail, call your local Cadillac dealership. Those carriage top and gold emblem packages and what not, they've got to be done by someone, right? Maybe they'll put you in contact with the company they use.