: Source for TPMS

TheGeeman
09-06-10, 06:20 PM
I'm buying a extra set of wheels for my 09 CTSV and need a set of tire pressure monitors. I was told they are different from a regular CTS. Is this true? Google searches are not real clear about model number. Can anyone suggest a good place to buy these?

Thanks
G.

mugatu22
09-06-10, 06:33 PM
...umm, the dealer...?

TheGeeman
09-06-10, 06:39 PM
Yes, I could have bought the wheels there too for 3 times the price, but thanks for the advice.

rjoffe
09-06-10, 09:09 PM
I actually got my seconds set of TPMS sensors from Luke @ Lindsay a while back. Price was not all that far off from E-Bay, and at least I knew I was getting something that would work.

OldRoadDawg
09-06-10, 09:13 PM
Can anyone suggest a good place to buy these?

Supporting forum vendor:

Luke Butler
Lindsay Cadillac

(703) 647-8670
lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

RippyPartsDept
09-06-10, 09:18 PM
yeah we offer discounts as well - i can check prices for your tomorrow if you'd like

IRONDOG
09-06-10, 09:36 PM
I got mine from discount tire. They had to order them. Took less than one week. I think they are warranted for life.

GMX322V S/C
09-07-10, 04:23 AM
Yes, I could have bought the wheels there too for 3 times the price, but thanks for the advice.

...or get the part number from the dealer and then go shopping.

mugatu22
09-07-10, 04:38 AM

If Google is "unclear" on the part number, why not use 0.01% of your brainpower and call or visit your dealer's service department to figure it out? You're welcome.

TheGeeman
09-07-10, 08:27 AM
and why don't you use some of yours and become a supporting member of this sight. The purpose of this forum is to let members share knowledge. I choose to provide money to support this formun rather than freeload and give smart a anwers.

Domsz06
09-07-10, 12:05 PM
discount has them
supporting vendors have them
tire rack has them

RippyPartsDept
09-07-10, 12:13 PM
and why don't you use some of yours and become a supporting member

Not to nitpick or anything, but it takes money, not brainpower to become a supporting member. I don't think the site owners accept other forms of currency.

mugatu22
09-08-10, 12:01 AM
and why don't you use some of yours and become a supporting member of this sight. The purpose of this forum is to let members share knowledge. I choose to provide money to support this formun rather than freeload and give smart a anwers.

After reading several of your posts, I understand now why it never occurred to you to contact the dealer.

That's cool that you're donating money to the site. I donate in a different currency; I donate my time and my intellectual property in small incriments...both of which exceed a $5/month contribution. Some would say it's priceless. Others lacking a sense of value or humor may say it's worthless. And still others who are late-50's and angry about living in Missouri may not understand this post at all.

So anyway, did you ever find the TPMS part numbers & prices or are you still stupefied about how to pick up a phone and call your dealer?

RippyPartsDept
09-08-10, 12:09 AM
i took care of him... lay off
it's all good