: 2000 Deville Window problem, not a regulator

507Derek
09-04-10, 01:20 PM
Hey everyone. So I'm working on a 2000 Deville that originally had a bad RR window motor and regulator. Replaced them both only to find out that the problem goes deeper because the window still wouldn't go up or down. The door module wouldn't even click. I checked power coming into the switch and got 0v. I than checked power coming into the door panel connector and still got 0v. So, I swapped it with the module out of the LR door because that one did work. Still got nothing. Here's the part that screws with me. I put the LR module back in the LR door. The window rolled all the way down, than 1/4 of the way up and quit! So now neither of the rear windows are working. Any help with this would be great. I'm thinking I have a bad switch assy in the driver door but didn't have time to continue testing and I don't have a wiring diagram to run off of.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

507Derek
09-07-10, 11:14 PM
Anyone? Even just some electrical schematics would help.

RippyPartsDept
09-08-10, 12:02 AM
door modules go bad sometimes
left and right should be the same part so you could swap out to test

RippyPartsDept
09-08-10, 12:05 AM
by the way, dealer list is about $230 on those rear door modules
if it ends up you need one i can sell it around $164 + tax, free ground

(this, of course, is looking them up without your VIN - i'm pretty confident i got it right, but if you get me the vin on the car i can make sure)

507Derek
09-08-10, 04:46 PM
I swapped them from left to right with nothing still. And now the left window wont work either... :mad:

RippyPartsDept
09-08-10, 04:50 PM
another thing to check is the wiring coming from the b-pillar to the door... could get messed up
not sure what would cause both sides to not work now though
i'm just about at the end of my technical abilities here
anyone else have any ideas?

bornleader910
09-08-10, 05:06 PM
Did you check the fuse underneath the back seat....i believe they share a common fuse

Hey everyone. So I'm working on a 2000 Deville that originally had a bad RR window motor and regulator. Replaced them both only to find out that the problem goes deeper because the window still wouldn't go up or down. The door module wouldn't even click. I checked power coming into the switch and got 0v. I than checked power coming into the door panel connector and still got 0v. So, I swapped it with the module out of the LR door because that one did work. Still got nothing. Here's the part that screws with me. I put the LR module back in the LR door. The window rolled all the way down, than 1/4 of the way up and quit! So now neither of the rear windows are working. Any help with this would be great. I'm thinking I have a bad switch assy in the driver door but didn't have time to continue testing and I don't have a wiring diagram to run off of.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

507Derek
09-08-10, 11:37 PM
Haven't checked any wiring other than whats inside the door panel. I'll check in between the door and b-pillar next time I get my hands on the car.

And I've checked the fuse and it's good.