: Passenger door was repainted...

Skiller.
09-04-10, 12:41 AM
I just noticed the other day (after owning the car for several months), that the passenger side door was repainted. I don't know when, but all I know is it's slightly darker than the rest of the car. Is there anything I can do to try and lighten it up? It's galaxy silver...

Rubbing/Polishing compound with lots of elbow grease?

Thanks

Dadillac
09-04-10, 08:56 PM
I just noticed the other day (after owning the car for several months), that the passenger side door was repainted. I don't know when, but all I know is it's slightly darker than the rest of the car. Is there anything I can do to try and lighten it up? It's galaxy silver...

Rubbing/Polishing compound with lots of elbow grease?

Thanks

Just gotta live with it. Unless you want to have it repainted that is. Silver is a difficult color to match. I found out after purchasing my car that it had been wrecked before I bought it. The right side doors are a little darker than the rest of the car. But you can only see it when the light is hitting it just right. So no big deal. Plus I was rear ended and needed a new bumper cover. the paint came out great, but again, just slightly darker. I just live with it as unless I actually show somebody they will never pick up on it

Don

Skiller.
09-04-10, 09:34 PM
Thanks Don...Like I said, it took me several months to even notice it. I noticed it just before sunset...I did some buffing with polishing compound, then I waxed it. I won't think about it anymore.