: Navigation help!

hellamint
09-03-10, 09:44 PM
So I just brought home my new 2007 STS AWD V6 w/ Nav today! However....I was just sitting in it with engine off and accessory on setting up my bluetooth when all of the sudden, my nav screen shut off. I was listening to a CD, and the CD continues to play, but the screen is off and none of the nav buttons (including hard-key buttons) are responding to anything.

Does anyone have any idea what happened and how I can fix this?

It's certified, so If I have to go that route I will...just thought i'd ask on here for help first!

Thanks!

SlickCityStan
09-03-10, 10:29 PM
I had the exact same problem setting my phone in a 2005 STS. You can disconnect the battery cables wait a few minutes(about 5) and reattach the cables Nav system should reset and come back as before. Some members touch the + & - cables together before reconnecting

AllWheelEric
09-04-10, 12:05 AM
I believe there was a firmware update to avoid this condition. But on the other hand, I thought 2007 cars were new enough to have that firmware from day 1. Nonetheless, mention it to your service department. You could also search through this forum and find the TSB info. You may also find how to access a hidden menu that shows the ROM version.

EChas3
09-05-10, 12:33 AM
Yes, the Nav firmware upgrade improves VR, Bluetooth and puts MRC options on the first Config screen. That's the easiest way to tell if you have the upgrade (assuming you also have MRC). I have it and it makes a big difference.

Does the battery cable trick lose the phonebook & nametags?

That's the one VR function that works reliably. The rest have little value if you have a Lockpick.

Nametags work well because VR only has to match a command recorded by the driver and not something generic, trying to detect all voices.

SlickCityStan
09-05-10, 09:14 AM
"Does the battery cable trick lose the phonebook & nametags?" No, it retained all entries and also retained both driver 1 and driver 2 personal settings

EChas3
09-05-10, 10:18 PM
Thanks Stan, stay slick!

hellamint
09-06-10, 05:03 PM
All,

Thanks for your responses. After exiting the vehicle for a half hour or so, I re-entered and everything was working correctly. I think I read in the owners manual that after 20 minutes, certain electronics power down (i'm assuming to help avoid draining your battery). I am assuming that is what happened to me, tho I'm not positive, because while the nav screen was not working, I started the vehicle and it still was not working.

AllWheelEric
09-06-10, 09:55 PM
Glad it reset for you. It will probably happen again, though, so I would have the dealer perform an update while you're still under warranty. If your dealer gets snippy about customers that request TSBs, just tell them your bluetooth audio quality is no good.

RippyPartsDept
09-06-10, 11:09 PM
Retained Accessory Power only lasts so long... that was most likely it