: Whats Better: STS - CTS Compare

JackG
09-03-10, 01:44 PM
I wonder what is better car. Any opinions? Please post.

2010 STS Navigation, most options 33,000 miles v6

or

2010 CTS Navigation, most options 33,000 miles v6

STS cost more. Is it a better car?

Greg00coupe
09-03-10, 06:55 PM
Like most things in life it comes down to personal choice. I suspect because there are more of them and they are cheaper in the long run the CTS is a better buy money wise. I suspect it holds its value better.

But I drove both when I bought almost 3 years ago and the CTS felt like an upgrade to an Impala. The STS on the other hand felt tighter and had a better road feel.

I always wonder if GM had promoted the STS as they had the CTS what would had happened? In 2005 when the STS came out they where the hot car. GM did nothing to capitalize on that and I think the STS was doomed the day the first one rolled out.

EChas3
09-03-10, 09:00 PM
Does the CTS have ACC, HUD, vented seats, rain sense wipers, automatic high beams, remote start & remote windows up? Do you ever have 2 or 3 adult passengers?

Just asking... :lildevil:

EChas3
09-03-10, 09:02 PM
Hey Moderator. The forum still has a word-wrap issue!

TobyJohnson11
09-04-10, 01:48 AM
Since were on this topic. How about the V6DI vs the N*? I recently drove a 2010 cts with the DI and it felt much quicker than my N*, but that might be just have been because I was Hot Roding someone else’s car? Any videos of the cts vs the sts or personal experience?

cooncat
09-04-10, 03:37 PM
I have a STS. I have driven all the Cadillacs except the Escalade. I prefer the size, ride and overall feel of the STS. In my own opinion, I think the STS is more luxiourous.

dkozloski
09-04-10, 04:08 PM
My '06 V8 STS far better suits my needs than my previous '04 CTS. It's a more finished product.

turnne
09-04-10, 09:31 PM
Does the CTS have ACC, HUD, vented seats, rain sense wipers, automatic high beams, remote start & remote windows up? Do you ever have 2 or 3 adult passengers?

If you are buying it as a new car the CTS will cost you a lot less money
It holds value a lot better than an STS
4 years later they are nearly the same in market value

Warren

turnne
09-04-10, 09:36 PM

and the CTS has a whole lot better resale than the STS
so..depending on how important finances are to you...that 10K premium you pay for an STS will be gone

Warren

EChas3
09-04-10, 11:06 PM
Money is a bugaboo of small minds.

turnerbend
09-05-10, 12:28 AM
I would perfer the STS over the CTS.. The CTS is an ugly car. (My opinion).

rnkath08
09-05-10, 08:14 AM
While I liked the looks of the CTS for me it means Car Too Small...I have a hockey player and a field hockey goalie. If I can't easily get their gear bags in my trunk it's no good. So I love my STS...that being said, I don't love it as much in every single color, some they should just not make.
And why the pink...ughhhhh

nasser
09-05-10, 11:09 AM
CTS looks better because it is a new design , unless you go for CTS-V i advise you to go for the STS , i had the STS since 2006 V8 AWD but replaced it two month ago with a 2010 CTS-V , excellent ride and performance , powerfull but the STS had more luxury , sound system , HUD , - i miss my STS and hope they released a new model

JackG
09-06-10, 04:49 PM
In my opinion I like the exterion of the newer CTS BUT I hate its interior. I LOVE the STS interior. Especially with the dedicated Nav screen. That pop up nav on the cts is BS!

Dietgrape
09-06-10, 09:02 PM
I drove both before buying the sts..feels more like a bigger car even though they are hard to tell apart. I do wish even the sts had more back seat room. Bought a 2005 v8.. Thing is a rocket..Wish it did not have the spoiler. Kind of wish I got the dts but I got too good of deal to pass up.

However if you posted your question on the cts you would probably get different opinons.

turnne
09-10-10, 11:35 AM
Money is a bugaboo of small minds.

I would say its more of a bugaboo of the wallet than the mind

Warren

EChas3
09-10-10, 08:56 PM
Lack of money never shut down the good idea of a determined individual. People make their own choices based on their own evaluations and situations. I tire of people saying 'I can't' or 'So-and-so made me.' Most people's biggest limitations are their own making. If you don't like your life, change it.

There are a few exceptions; but much fewer than those that bleat about unfairness.

turnne
09-11-10, 04:14 PM
Lack of money never shut down the good idea of a determined individual. People make their own choices based on their own evaluations and situations. I tire of people saying 'I can't' or 'So-and-so made me.' Most people's biggest limitations are their own making. If you don't like your life, change it.

There are a few exceptions; but much fewer than those that bleat about unfairness.

I am not sure I would relate someone not liking their life and money together
But..ok

I would tend to disagree that a financial situation never shut down the idea of a determined individual
I guess you might relate what they are willing to do and if their idea has any selfish or greedy basis

That being said...I am certain that most people make decisions based on what their "wallet" can manage primarily and what meets their expectations secondarily

Otherwise many of us...including myself...would be living quite a different lifestyle

Warren