: My experience with St. Claire Cadillac, Santa Clara, CA

e6t
09-03-10, 12:12 PM
I bought my car from these guys, 1500 miles away, sight unseen.

I dealt with the Sales Director, named Tim Pooch. He was way above board, very knowledgeable, not only with respect to the V, but to economics as well.

He gave me what I believe to be a great deal and even coordinated shipping the car cross country to me. He addressed every concern I had about the trek with empathy and stories of past experiences.

It was a flawless transaction and the car was perfect. EXACTLY as Tim represented it.

If you are near San Jose, or don't care to pay to have a car shipped, check these guys out. Tim is legit and very fair.

Now I ask a favor... the car had a few miles on it (50) so, if you saw my car at infineon raceway tearing up the 1/4, please dont tell me!

:D

IBNR
09-03-10, 01:21 PM
e6t, great to hear this! St. Claire is my local dealership, less than 10 minutes from my house. I bought my V there as well back in March (I did work a bit with Tim, but more with Greg Kinney), and my experience mirrored yours exactly. Both are great guys with a real passion for these cars and a genuine commitment to customer satisfaction. Don't know if you worked with any of the finance people, but they're great too. The entire sales department there is top-notch; I hope time and experience leads me to the same conclusion regarding their service department! Thanks for sharing your comments in any event, it's sad to read so many stories of dissatisfaction with dealerships.

irablumberg
09-03-10, 04:36 PM
Glad to hear of the positive experience. I tried to buy a V there in late January, but we couldn't close the last $1,000 price gap. I ended up going to Dublin and getting a better deal than I was prepared to take at St. Claire.

I did have a good service experience there recently.

Ira

jmskinz
09-04-10, 01:33 AM
Why did you order from a dealership that is sooooo far away? Did you get some sort of crazy deal and if so, what was it?

Caddyscat
09-04-10, 09:58 PM
I swung by a St Claire one time. This was over a year ago. I asked them if they had anything coming in and I don't recall who it was I talked to but he was knowledgeable and didn't try selling me the base V they had. I would say they're probably on the good list.

e6t
09-05-10, 01:05 PM
Why did you order from a dealership that is sooooo far away? Did you get some sort of crazy deal and if so, what was it?

well, i wasnt in the market for a car... my buddy needed a 4 door auto because he has 2 kids and his wife couldnt drive him manual 996. He was looking at MBs... I encouraged him to check out the V. He looked into and started pricing 2009s with low miles. Then I pointed him toward 2010s with 0% from gmac. we did the math and it was almost exactly the same money to buy a new one versus used, so he bought new one from Jerrys Cadillac in Weatherford, Texas in around June. I drove the car on a few occasions and it made me giggle like a school girl. So I decided that I'd get one too if I could find exactly what I wanted.

Well, when I started looking, there were very few Blk/Blk recaro'd 6MTs in the country. I had the guy in Texas calling all over, but he couldnt get anyone to trade for that car. So, I extended the search to the entire US. Still maybe only 5 or 6 cars in the US. I found the one in Cali, liked the guy at St. Claire and now you know the rest of the story...