: My 1989 Caddy Brougham

GeneLaw1
09-03-10, 11:44 AM
These are the pics of the Brougham. This is what can be considered my driver...I purchased in Oct 2004 so I am coming up on 6 years of ownership. I have done many things including paint, and replaced most things under the hood, and the tranny has been rebuilt. I added dual exhaust equipped with Borla mufflers, sounds WONDERFUL!

I have been all over the Southeast in this car, love it! I purchased with 108,xxx miles and it now has 176,xxx on it. The first few pics are shortly after I purchased in '04 with the original color, and the others are after the paint and the top "dying". the color is "Platinum Silver Metal"...I plan to get it repainted the original color however when I get some more money in my pockets. Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2000272&id=76600242&l=3e7a4388a1

Cheers!
-Gene

outsider
09-03-10, 12:02 PM
man that's a nice brougham! I like how you call the olds 307 a beast! :D

MudAnt
09-03-10, 12:09 PM
Do you have a video of the exhaust sound?

Cadillacboy
09-03-10, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the pics, you may also wanna have a leather that would enhance your interior look

GeneLaw1
09-03-10, 12:13 PM
Outside I didnt know

GeneLaw1
09-03-10, 12:16 PM
man that's a nice brougham! I like how you call the olds 307 a beast! :D

Thanks dude! You are right, I made a lot of those captions years ago when I didnt know any better about engines, lol...the 307 I thought was a mighty powerful SOB...I just knew my Cougar (first car) had a v6 3.8L and my Grandmother's Deville had the 4100 and I knew I blew that both out of the water, and then that Brougham had a v8 5.0!! I was king of the world! lol...

GeneLaw1
09-03-10, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the pics, you may also wanna have a leather that would enhance your interior look

You saying I should opt for Leather seats? I considered it, but those velour ones are so comfy man, and keeps you cool in this Southern heat!

GeneLaw1
09-03-10, 12:19 PM
Do you have a video of the exhaust sound?

I have one around somewhere, I will try to upload in a little while...I may have to take another one...

The-Dullahan
09-04-10, 01:33 AM
I envy these Southern Cadillacs. My Brougham lived a very different kind of Salt Life in Salem.

Beautiful "Big Sexy" car.

GeneLaw1
09-04-10, 03:24 AM
I envy these Southern Cadillacs. My Brougham lived a very different kind of Salt Life in Salem.

Beautiful "Big Sexy" car.

O man, Salem, Mass? I can only imagine, I am afraid of moving up there to be honest, lol

Cadillacboy
09-05-10, 03:39 PM
You saying I should opt for Leather seats? I considered it, but those velour ones are so comfy man, and keeps you cool in this Southern heat!

If you feel comfy then keep them :)

We don't have ventilated seats but who cares lol :rolleyes: :alchi:

Bro-Ham
09-06-10, 11:59 AM
Very nice car Gene! :)

Bro-Ham
09-06-10, 12:00 PM
Leather seats are nice but classic Cadillac velour is the finest both to sit on and to look at. :)

robb257731
09-06-10, 01:01 PM
I like the silver with the blue top!

We can argue leather vs. velour all day long....I've had both and liked both, but leather wins....no velcro effect.

Bro-Ham
09-06-10, 01:25 PM
Velour was so natural to see in Cadillacs from the 1970's and 1980's. I prefer the look and feel of fabrics on fine furniture and I think that's the look Cadillac, and other luxury car makers, were trying to capture both with the upholstery and also the high style of the seating design itself. The seating in cars today, with the mandatory leather, look so sterile and cold. I wouldn't turn down leather in an old Cad but, to my eye, the fabric makes the total look of exquisite luxury in the grand fashion. :)

The-Dullahan
09-07-10, 01:22 AM
O man, Salem, Mass? I can only imagine, I am afraid of moving up there to be honest, lol

My car had far more salt exposure than most cars would...long, weird story.

The-Dullahan
09-07-10, 01:23 AM
Velour was so natural to see in Cadillacs from the 1970's and 1980's. I prefer the look and feel of fabrics on fine furniture and I think that's the look Cadillac, and other luxury car makers, were trying to capture both with the upholstery and also the high style of the seating design itself. The seating in cars today, with the mandatory leather, look so sterile and cold. I wouldn't turn down leather in an old Cad but, to my eye, the fabric makes the total look of exquisite luxury in the grand fashion. :)

I have contemplated it long and hard. If I ever find Leather seats for my Brougham...I will probably find some schemish way of keeping my current seats, to swap them back and forth when I want.

GeneLaw1
09-07-10, 02:29 AM
I like the fact that leather is easier to keep clean, but other than that, I like the cloth for the comfort in different climates, as well as the look. It probably has a lot to do with my love for fashions of yesteryear, lol...As for as the leather in newer vehicles, its horrible, its as hard as a rock!! I couldnt do it, unfortunately you do not have much of an option now days...

GeneLaw1
09-07-10, 02:30 AM
I like the silver with the blue top!

That was the same comment that crossed my mind when deciding to paint it that particular color:yup:

Aron9000
09-07-10, 04:30 AM
Man it looks great with silver/darker top/blue velour. But I would paint it back to the original blue, because I'm just OCD about originality. If you do decide to go with a custom blue, the black sapphire metallic on my 1991 is a really awesome shade of navy blue, so dark its almost black. Also, Lemans Blue, avaiable on C5 Corvettes is another awesome shade of dark blue, not as dark or as black as my 91.

As for the velour/leather thing, I much prefer velour. The leather D'Elegance seats on my 91 squeak like a mofo because of the design. Not to mention, in a car of this vintage, the leather is usually either dry, ripped, rock hard, discolored, creased like an old man's face, or a combination of all of those.

GeneLaw1
09-07-10, 11:18 AM
I would actually like to get the car re-upholstered with D'elegance style Velour seats, when I was looking around for that car, I saw in a 84 Coupe D'elegance with the pillow style velour, and it was SOOOO comfy. Unfortunately that car was out of my price range at that time, lol...

Aron, within the next year I plan to get it repainted and I have definitely been leaning towards painting it the original blue. The color its painted now is out of the Chrysler color book, lol