: Has anyone heard of or done this ?...

creeker
09-02-10, 11:04 PM
according to bumper filler supplier,autorifix.com, it is
not required to remove the rear bumper to install new bumper fillers, they say to remove taillight lens and chrome trim, and then you remove large chrome tail light
housing by removing 3 screws, one screw holding it on top of bumper and 2
on bottom of bumper.

77CDV
09-02-10, 11:37 PM
It's true, the taillight housing is a separate piece from the bumper center section. So, this procedure would work nicely.

creeker
09-02-10, 11:41 PM
It's true, the taillight housing is a separate piece from the bumper center section. So, this procedure would work nicely.

Great, thanks.

csbuckn
09-02-10, 11:48 PM
some people will argue thats its easier to take the whole bumper off, especially if your tailights line up with the fillers. I think its easier to do the whole thing

creeker
09-02-10, 11:52 PM
some people will argue thats its easier to take the whole bumper off, especially if your tailights line up with the fillers. I think its easier to do the whole thing

Thanks, do you know how many bolts there are if you remove the whole bumper,
and where they are, Thanks.

csbuckn
09-03-10, 12:20 AM
eight bolts right behind the bumper, you will see them...then the wiring harness to the lights. Very easy. Keep track of the spacers behind the bumper mounts

Bro-Ham
09-03-10, 02:19 AM
The filler below the rear license plate on my car was getting a little crusty so I primed and painted it a few months ago. The paint is now spidering and coming off but the primer is still sticking. The plastic filler is still intact. I hate tackiness. I will live with it until it disintegrates. The way my car is going that will be in a million years. :)