i saw this today in youtube

XFR beating cts-v !!!

WTF :hmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW0ZrpLTiLY

cts-vv
09-02-10, 02:29 AM
cts-v more HP - more Torque - less weight

anything wrong here !!!

most cts-v in middle east seem to have problem on lossing boost !!!

odla
09-02-10, 07:03 AM
could have been in the wrong gear maybe? Heat soak?

vade_R
09-02-10, 08:40 AM
that just didnt look right, bad driver, missed shift ...could be anything,

Domsz06
09-02-10, 08:58 AM
wouldn't loose sleep over it, too many variables.

Umrswimr
09-02-10, 10:28 AM
Broken driver.

Hawkeye2
09-02-10, 10:39 AM
something smells there.

neuronbob
09-02-10, 10:49 AM
Needs driver mod.

gnxs
09-02-10, 11:15 AM
There are a million variables in these uncontrolled speed contests, not the least of which is driver competency.

The CTS-V has consistently proven quicker than the XFR in numerous same day comparisons under controlled conditions. However, the cars are close enough in acceleration that even a moderate mistake or issue(s) on the part of the CTS will alter the result.....as shown in the vid.

Like somebody mentioned earlier, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

aceofblitz
09-02-10, 11:47 AM
I remember a certain race when I was stock vs a CTS-V with CAI + catbacks, I beat it by lightly more than one car length. We were testing how much of a lead HE is supposed to be doing lol. End of the day, his CAI was messing his performance up rather than helping cuz it wasn't set up right. Maybe something like that happened, and from my experience with the racing scene in the UAE, even if a car had a built engine and twin-turbo system, the owner would still claim its stock.

mugatu22
09-02-10, 02:11 PM
The V has proven faster under controlled tests, but the XFR is no joke or slouch either. If the Jag driver got the jump or a slight traction advantage, then this video is legit. Doesn't take a lot when both cars are similarly powered and sized.