: 1995 FWB No Air No Heat Fleetwood Climate Control

hawkhunter
09-01-10, 05:23 PM
I sure could use a little help. My 1995 FWB has no heat and no air. Mechanic told me it was the reistor (black box with the heat sink). I replaced that, no change. I can hear the compressor cycle on and various vents opening and closing when pressing climate contrl selections but no air is moving. I bench tested the blower motor and it works like it should. The only thing I can think of is to replace the Climate Control panel itself. Is there anything else that I should check before spending $ on the control panel? I'm getting no codes with on-board diagnostics. Thanks.

sven914
09-01-10, 06:00 PM
Before you you replace anything, check for a brake in the wires in the control circuit. I don't have a schematic for the climate control on your year, but someone else on here should be able to tell you the wire colors. Hopefully someone can give you the diagnostic procedure, because a bad programmer and power module can also cause problems with the blower motor.

hawkhunter
09-01-10, 06:10 PM
Thanks, hopefully someone can provide that info. I didn't know they were prone to that.

HUF
09-02-10, 01:04 AM
I would start with trouble codes. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/173800-rwd-faq-tech-info.html

Scroll down and watch the youtube video for the procedure.

hawkhunter
09-02-10, 09:38 AM
Thanks. I've already ran codes on the car and received none which leads me to believe it might be the ECC panel.

thefleetwoodguy
09-02-10, 10:52 AM
I sell used parts for 93-96 fleetwoods

if you need anything shoot me a pm....Jim

hawkhunter
09-05-10, 12:05 PM
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Hopefully, this post can help others with the same NO AIR NO HEAT issue.
Mechanic said rheostat bad, not the case.
Removed the blower motor check it with direct 12 volt source and it works fine.
Purchased a new ECC (climate control panel) plugged it in and the system worked, HOWEVER
put the old one back in and the system worked too! The contacts on the ECC plug must
have gotten dirty over time. I put a little dialectric grease on the contacts which will hopefully prevent future problems.
SO, before replacing a lot of parts, check your ECC plug in connection first! Worked for me.