: G-Spot

Mike 09 V
09-01-10, 12:03 PM
Took my car into the dealer yesterday for an oil change. Beautiful morning, low 70's here (Phoenix) so I popped the sun roof open and opened the windows, wanted to enjoy the cool air and listen to the beast. I went through a McDonald's to get a cup of coffee for my trip to the dealer and when I made the turn out of the drive through, WHEEL CLICKING! WTF. I have 14k on the car, and this is the first time I have heard this. Of course the windows are up all the time so maybe that's it. Anyway, I was surprised at how rapid the clicking was considering the low speed of the turn. So since I was on my way to the service dept. I figured this was an opportune time to get it taken care of.

Now to the G-spot reference. The techs must have taken my car out to check if the clicking had been fixed. There was about 5 miles more on the car then when I took it in and I was waiting for it. When I got it back the clicking was gone, but there was .78 on the G meter in both directions. Now I don't track the car and the most I have ever had was .52 registered. So since some of you are more experienced and braver than me, what does it take to register that high on the meter, or is it that high, and do you think it was reasonable for the tech to do that to test the clicking solution? Or should I be pissed?
Otherwise everything they did was top notch, and the oil change including synthetic oil was $61, and I got a real fine car wash along with it for free.:banghead:

Stumeat
09-01-10, 12:31 PM
.78 is not that extreem for our cars. Also, my car clicked A LOT more in spirited driving. I am assuming they heard the clicking and ordered you new rims?

Mike 09 V
09-01-10, 12:40 PM
.78 is not that extreem for our cars. Also, my car clicked A LOT more in spirited driving. I am assuming they heard the clicking and ordered you new rims?
Naw, they did the TSB and said if it recurred that they would order new front rims which are on extreme back order.

asabase
09-01-10, 02:01 PM
0.78 is enough where you have to be trying to get there but it really isn't that much. It would seem fast for someone that has only done 0.52. I do 0.85-0.9 on off ramps all the time and have 1.1 or so stored on mine.

LFTW8S
09-01-10, 02:19 PM
Took my car into the dealer yesterday for an oil change. Beautiful morning, low 70's here (Phoenix) so I popped the sun roof open and opened the windows, wanted to enjoy the cool air and listen to the beast. I went through a McDonald's to get a cup of coffee for my trip to the dealer and when I made the turn out of the drive through, WHEEL CLICKING! WTF. I have 14k on the car, and this is the first time I have heard this. Of course the windows are up all the time so maybe that's it. Anyway, I was surprised at how rapid the clicking was considering the low speed of the turn. So since I was on my way to the service dept. I figured this was an opportune time to get it taken care of.

Now to the G-spot reference. The techs must have taken my car out to check if the clicking had been fixed. There was about 5 miles more on the car then when I took it in and I was waiting for it. When I got it back the clicking was gone, but there was .78 on the G meter in both directions. Now I don't track the car and the most I have ever had was .52 registered. So since some of you are more experienced and braver than me, what does it take to register that high on the meter, or is it that high, and do you think it was reasonable for the tech to do that to test the clicking solution? Or should I be pissed?
Otherwise everything they did was top notch, and the oil change including synthetic oil was $61, and I got a real fine car wash along with it for free.:banghead:

My wheels clicked in the service bay at the dealer. My car maybe moved 10 feet (no need for 5 miles and not even a blip on the g-meter). He heard it and had new wheels for me a week later. Getting them put on tomorrow.

Jayrcr3
09-01-10, 02:29 PM
They may have weaved the car back and forth trying to get it to click. .78 would probably come up pretty easily doing that.

wfo
09-01-10, 03:04 PM
Was the service done in a timly manner? Did they wash the car upon return? Wheel clicking gone, yes...Be happy.

lavaman
09-01-10, 03:53 PM
I looked at my "g-meter" the other day and I had registered, at some point since resetting it last, higher numbers than .78 and I don't remember cornering it all that hard.... But come to think of it, since turning 50 there seems to be more and more instances of forgetfulness ...( I think ??!!)

Did you reset it prior to handing over the keys? Perhaps you recorded the .78 before you went in???

Just a thought!

StoopidSavant
09-01-10, 04:21 PM
When I go to buy a used V, I hope to find an owner who's only taken it as high as 0.52G.