: Tramp stamped!!!!

SlvrBullIT
08-31-10, 09:24 PM
So was minding my own business and heading to work this morning, South on US281 in San Antonio. I stopped due to traffic congestion, and without a screech, BAMMMMMM :helpless: :crying2:, hit from behind by a woman in an SUV.

I pulled over, took a look and she left a perfect bumper print with her license plate # in the V..... ie Tramp stamp

I'm so peeved, but sheot happens. I did get to look and sit in on a V coupe though, while the adjuster at the Cadillac collision center was doing the paperwork. Nice Thunder Gray with the saple wood and yellow alcantara inserts :cloud9:

ecorpuz12
08-31-10, 09:35 PM
tragic...at least it was a low speed collision and not something much more severe...hope the ride is fixed soon!

Gary Wells
08-31-10, 10:43 PM
Sorry to hear and I hope that everything works out to your satisfaction.

mik2718
09-01-10, 12:15 AM
I hope that was the worst thing that happened to you all day. I don't think I'd be quite so reasonable as you sound.

dvandentop
09-01-10, 02:04 AM
damn no luck with the car :(

SlvrBullIT
09-01-10, 09:16 PM
Well insurance is dicking me around, the lady totally mea culpa'd and called me today to say she had set up the incident with her insurance, but the claims guy for her insurance hasn't called me at all. I went to Bachelor Cadi and they did the rough estimate of 1067+ and he would debadge the chiklets and the dealer badge.

RippyPartsDept
09-01-10, 09:52 PM
did you get her insurance info?
that's a big deal (that and pictures)

e6t
09-01-10, 10:31 PM
Well insurance is dicking me around, the lady totally mea culpa'd and called me today to say she had set up the incident with her insurance, but the claims guy for her insurance hasn't called me at all. I went to Bachelor Cadi and they did the rough estimate of 1067+ and he would debadge the chiklets and the dealer badge.

ok.

so, im stupid.

what are "chiclets"?

SlvrBullIT
09-01-10, 11:09 PM
ok.

so, im stupid.

what are "chiclets"?

On the 09 V's on the bottom front left and right quarter panels sit a little "chicklet" sized GM logo that is glued on.

RippyPartsDept
09-01-10, 11:16 PM
aka the 'mark of excellence' branding badges introduced in 2006

shade
09-01-10, 11:48 PM
Also you need to think about loss of value when filing your claim.
Example lets say before the accident blue book is $60k after the accident even if your car is fixed perfect it is still not worth 60k anymore. Its been in an accident. Most people will pass your car over as well as dealers will give you lower amounts because they disclose the car fax.
I got hit in my 300c SRT and I am also filing a loss of value claim. Its not easy selling or trading your car in with something on the car fax, even if its not your fault or the damage wasnt bad.

M-1028
09-01-10, 11:53 PM
That sucks dude, hope you get it fixed.

SlvrBullIT
09-23-10, 09:40 PM
Well got my V back, I missed her sooooo much. Had the dealer debadge, and she looks good! :)
2 pieces were back ordered, a back up sensor and the rear fascia, they came in last night so they had it ready today, nice and clean.

RapidRob
09-23-10, 11:09 PM
aka the 'mark of excellence' branding badges introduced in 2006

Which is ironic because the factory dude(s) managed to glue the, 'mark of excellence', on the passenger side of my v, on crooked.

It's OK though, I guess, because I'm removing them eventually ...

Gongrats Slvr - glad the v is back in good shape again!

Rob