: Hit and Run Fender

JackG
08-31-10, 03:12 PM
Someone did a hit on run on my passenger front fender. I went to a paintless dent remoav guy. He want $375 to fix. I thought that was kind of high. Last time I went to a paintless dent remove it was only $100.

Anyway. Where can I find a new/used Black Passenger OEM GM fender very cheap? I search ebay from time to time but usually pull up Chineese fenders that are primed and probably wont fit right (I may be wong).

Any advices? Thanks!

dkozloski
08-31-10, 03:34 PM
www.car-parts.com

Force-1
08-31-10, 07:27 PM
Get quotes from other PDR shops?

Jmac572
09-01-10, 12:42 AM
If there is no paint damage, only a dent, GO WITH paintless dent removal... This factory cadillac finish (not only the color) is extremely hard to match, even for the best of shops... Cadillac's paint and finish is of higher quality than that of most other GM brands... pull your car up next to a Tahoe and you'll see what I mean.. smoother finish and greater number of clear coats. Get some more estimates on paintless dent removal as that does seem slightely high, however, if the dent is on a curve, bend, or body line than there is your reason for high price... pay the $375 in that case.

JackG
09-01-10, 11:28 AM
Thanskf ro the advice. I will try to find an undamaged used OEM black fender first. If not then i will get another quote from a different dent repair shop.

One Question. i am on the parts site. I need passenger side fender. Is that LEFT or RIGHT?

:)

EChas3
09-03-10, 10:19 PM
All L & R references are as seated in the drivers seat.

z06bigbird
09-03-10, 11:45 PM
If there is no paint damage, only a dent, GO WITH paintless dent removal... This factory cadillac finish (not only the color) is extremely hard to match, even for the best of shops... Cadillac's paint and finish is of higher quality than that of most other GM brands... pull your car up next to a Tahoe and you'll see what I mean.. smoother finish and greater number of clear coats. Get some more estimates on paintless dent removal as that does seem slightely high, however, if the dent is on a curve, bend, or body line than there is your reason for high price... pay the $375 in that case.

I have seen PDR charge used car mgrs about $100 for a hood with about 25 hail dings. Maybe your guy had a boat payment due.

z06bigbird
09-03-10, 11:47 PM
Thanskf ro the advice. I will try to find an undamaged used OEM black fender first. If not then i will get another quote from a different dent repair shop.

One Question. i am on the parts site. I need passenger side fender. Is that LEFT or RIGHT?

:)

Yes. lol

Specify pass side; Fewer chances for errors.

PLUS installation, primer, paint, clear coat, etc. Do your homework.

z06bigbird
09-03-10, 11:51 PM
Someone did a hit on run on my passenger front fender. I went to a paintless dent remoav guy. He want $375 to fix. I thought that was kind of high. Last time I went to a paintless dent remove it was only $100.

Anyway. Where can I find a new/used Black Passenger OEM GM fender very cheap? I search ebay from time to time but usually pull up Chineese fenders that are primed and probably wont fit right (I may be wong).

Any advices? Thanks!

More problems with Chineese (sic):

Metal may be sup-par.
They refuse to serve me turkey and brocolli.
They refuse to serve me potatoes.
They refuse to serve cheese.

What is wrong with these people!!

Then again, they may be saying the same thing about me.