: Chrome Wheel Exchange

TobyJohnson11
08-30-10, 11:19 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-STS-CTS-2004-2009-17-CHROME-WHEELS-EXCHANGE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b44d3ba4QQitemZ17052 8684964QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Just wondering if anyone had done this or thought about it? Is the price a good deal? I donít really like the polished aluminum wheels, thatís why I'm looking at this option.

Thanks,
TJ

Joe Pagano
08-31-10, 12:58 AM
Those wheels look great. I am also going to do a chrome exchange for my 05 1SG. I did an exchange about 10 years ago on a Mercedes E450 I had. Was very pleased, the chrome wheel is the most distinctive upgrade you can make, in MHO. Don't recall the company I used at the time, but the one on your link looks good, 100% feedback on over 600 deals. Can't go wrong.
But remember, the wheels you send back need to be the EXACT same wheel (not chromed) and free of any damage or serious blemishes, or else you will be charged.
I am looking forward to doing mine as soon as I put the extra cash together.
Good luck............................... Joe P

Angus Young
08-31-10, 08:45 PM
I used LA Wheel and Tire, and had 2 sets chromed, both sets turned out fantastic, they can fix most curb rash or even remove some dents, I paid a bit more for my rims but I was using the 18 inch rims with the little rivets and 9 spoke. I had the 7 spoke on mommas car and sold that set and purchased the 9 spoke for her car, I then purchased 255 55 18's all the way around the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta SUV, taller very quiet, smoother due to taller sidewall, when hittin the off ramp that circles all the way around I lean on the fuel and man gotta tell you the old lady starts laughin cause she is holdin on so tight, the car does sit noticably higher, when you get out you have to feel for the ground, 2 things thou, if you go 255 55 18's the speedo will show -6 mph than actual, and those cheap clips that they use to hold the inner fender up with I changed out with the push style type with little fins on them to hold the inner fender well up tight, because if you stay with the origional clips on a slightly hard right turn you will hear a very slight rub, I drove them a couple of thousand miles before changing the clips nothing to worry about thou just something to mention, must say totally new overall look chrome is the way to go!! Ohh they also sent me matching chrome center caps which are very nice!!