: Well, I did it...

megeebee
09-10-04, 04:39 PM
Ordered a V6 ,1SB, and a sunroof. Moonstone, light gray interior..... May-fortune-favor-the-foolish, and those-of-us-about-to-die-salute-you.

Ormond
09-10-04, 04:49 PM
I hope it is everything you expect and more!! :)

knifeparty420
09-10-04, 05:34 PM
why the V6?

megeebee
09-10-04, 05:48 PM
I simply can't justify the extra six thousand or so extra dollars for the Northstar. The driving I do is the usual urban freeway shuffle 30-45 mph with the occasional flight to 60; plus other 'round town duties. The Northstar is a masterpiece, don't misunderstand, it's just not necessary for me. Don't sell the V6 short, either. It does a great job of pushing the STS around. As I wrote in another thread ("STS's Arriving At Dealers Now"/ post # 36), the 6 cylinder in the STS produces nearly as much horsepower (but admittedly not the torque) as the Northstar engine in the '98-'04 SLS (I had a '98).
Another reason, purely aesthetic, is that I love the aluminum trim on the instrument panel in the base car. Oh, and I deplore that spoiler they put on Northstars.

elwesso
09-10-04, 11:39 PM
Hope it works out really good for you! :)

majax
09-11-04, 03:38 AM
Well someone likes the alluminum, I've only seen it on a white interior, I'm sure it looks a 1,000 times better on gray.

megeebee
09-11-04, 07:42 PM
Well someone likes the alluminum, I've only seen it on a white interior, I'm sure it looks a 1,000 times better on gray.

If you're refering to the silver green unit featured on e-bay in a previous thread, take heart. I too saw those photos and was very concerned about the "cashmere" interior. Don't fret. I saw one just this morning at my dealer. The color looks very different in reality. It is much richer. Very mellow. I liked it very much. This unit had wood trim and it looked great, but not enough to change my mind.

Ralph
09-11-04, 07:50 PM
Cool. hopefully you can post some pics.

msheri01
09-13-04, 07:39 AM
Does this mean I should shoot the black and the gray interiors on the ones we have?

megeebee
09-13-04, 12:30 PM
Does this mean I should shoot the black and the gray interiors on the ones we have?
Yes, please. I don't have access to a digital camera.