: How do you remove plastic trim at base of Recaros?

cbloveday
08-29-10, 11:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone has removed the plastic seat trim at the base of the recaro seats and how this is done. I do not want to break them. I am planning to mount a seat rail fire extinguisher and the extra working room would be nice.

My service dept. had the driver side panels off at one time to fix the seat creaking TSB.

I can ask them as a last resort. Thought I would ask here first and possibly save a trip to the dealer

cbloveday
08-30-10, 02:55 PM
Bump. the tech who took my seats out last time is overseas for a week. Help please.

UAEmonster
08-31-10, 12:43 PM
Sorry i have no idea ...

but , what is the seat creaking TSB ??

thanks in advance ..

cbloveday
08-31-10, 12:48 PM
The seat makes a creak sound. Many have exhibited this noise. There is a technical service bulletin out there for those that have it. If you search, you will find it is common.

UAEmonster
09-01-10, 10:07 AM
aha i c. , i think i do have that noise , and i think it is from under the seat ... , then i shall take it to the dealer ?

and what they o with it to fix it ??

thanks for ur info.

cbloveday
09-01-10, 10:22 AM
I am not quite sure. I do know they remove the seat and adjust something near the bolster or the seat rail. Remind you, mine is still there. I waited a few hours and then they came back and said they needed more time to diagnose the problem and would need my car longer. I opted not to leave it with them at that point. They told me if I wanted to come back at a later date, they would provide me with a loaner and, if need be, disassemble the seat. I expressed concern about the condition of the leather etc after that process. They advised me that they have an excellent restoration company and if I were not satisfied, they would order me a new seat. I wanted to think this over and get back to them. Bottom line was, they would work on it until I was completely satisfied.

UAEmonster
09-02-10, 09:27 AM
aha .., i c .

Thanks for the clarification