: finally saw another V2 out on the street today in Cary, NC

ecorpuz12
08-29-10, 09:33 PM
rare indeed...saw another V2 today in the barnes and noble/macaroni grill parking lot around 8pm tonight, thunder gray with tint. i was in the white diamond exiting as it entered. congrats! you were my first!

amazing how rare these cars are...i've seen dozens more M3s and C63AMGs since i bought mine last Nov...makes me appreciate being one of the lucky few owners even more

mugatu22
08-29-10, 10:38 PM
Rare? I see V2s all over So Cal. Move out of the sticks.

ecorpuz12
08-29-10, 10:44 PM
Rare? I see V2s all over So Cal. Move out of the sticks.

believe me i've been trying....

snzuloz
08-29-10, 11:13 PM
This is funny, have not seen any around where I live, and today I saw two. One black and one white (same as mine-damnit).

IBNR
08-30-10, 02:36 AM
I've only seen *one* V2 on the road here in the NorCal Bay Area: White 2009, on San Tomas Expressway a week or so ago, license plate AMATMAN (I hope that means the guy works for Applied Materials); I, of course, was coming home from picking up my son from baseball practice in our POS 2001 Dodge minivan.

I guess all the California V2s live down in Hater, USA (which I can only assume is a suburb of LA).

Ziggerman
08-30-10, 08:38 AM
I see about one a month here in the Raleigh area. Usually it's Mike in his black V around Holly Springs/Apex and I think I've seen the thunder-gray from Garner. Drumstix and his black beauty is out here, too. And to top it off, there's a 3rd black one that parks at my neighbor's house twice a month or so here in the sticks of Fuquay and a black V1 also lives in my little neighborhood. All in all, I see more Vs than M5/C63/E63 combined. Raleigh may not be SoCal but my guess is we do have at least 10-15 V2s puttering about.

On a side note: I walked out of a store in Cary to my car the other day and literally stopped dead in my tracks. My car was clean (silver) and the sun was out, giving the car a deep, gleaming sheen and, even though I am subjective of course, the sheen, along with the unusual lines of the V2 design, made the car stand out like a Tiffany's diamond among the sea of mundane, bland, dull cars parked all around it. Automotive jewelry, that's what we're driving, guys. Cannot thank the artists at GM enough for this one.

Vcoupe11
08-30-10, 04:05 PM
Ziggerman,
Perfect description :)

"...like a Tiffany's diamond among the sea of mundane, bland, dull cars "

Gary

ecorpuz12
08-30-10, 05:17 PM
we visit cary and raleigh about 2-3 times a month for shopping/dining and pass through holly springs twice...i guess the stars were never aligned. the only Vs i see are at the dealer, they have 3 white ones for pete's sake.

NC_Cadzilla
09-01-10, 03:19 AM
I saw a burgandy color one at the Bob Evans in Cary the other day... First one I have seen in that color in person

NC_Cadzilla
09-11-10, 12:05 PM
Looks like there is a lot of Vs getting some nice mods here lately. The local speed shop in my hood did a white one last month and now got a reddish one getting a upper/lower pulley change