: Ambient Interior Lighting

Chicago SRX
08-29-10, 06:25 PM
The blue tint on the ambient interior lighting tube above the glove compartment seems to be flaking off, which results in the "glow" being spoiled with white spots. Anyone else seeing this?

Ponyman
08-29-10, 07:54 PM
No, and I never had a problem with the lighting on my 08 CTS either. I would get it to the dealer for a look.

TheCaptain
08-29-10, 08:43 PM
It's hard for "foil" to be flaking off of what is EL (electroluminescent) wire, especially inside of a tube (or the tube is fed by LED, similar to the tails -in either case i believe the SRX uses EL wire anyway; it's more consistent) . The SRX doesn't have any "blue" lights in it per say either. The ABL in the SRX is white. It just looks "blue" in contrast to natural light, as it is in a different colour spectrum from sunlight/halogen/fluorescent.
But you are welcome to take it in to the dealer and let them report their findings as well. :D

The lighting also will look blue compared to the stock HID lights, as they are set in a lower temperature then the ABL. (HID at 3900K compared to ABL at 5100K)

If you want to see "blue" ABL, check out a new LaCrosse. THAT is blue! :D

GeeVee
08-29-10, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the explanation Skipper. It sounds like you reallly know your stuff! I`m not troubled with lighting problems, just enjoy learning more about the SRX. Thanks again!

TheCaptain
08-30-10, 11:21 PM
I do think it would be pretty cool to have the option to have a "Red Alert" ambient lighting ie: Star Trek ships. lol just my personal preference though... :D