: Anyone experience this???

stealth97
08-29-10, 01:56 PM
Yesterday, my DIC lights went dim for a few seconds. I was driving on the street, came to a stop at the light, and the DIC light went out for a few seconds. When it came back up, it said something about the anti-theft deterrent on the circle that shows mph. The little yellow light on the DIC that shows the anti-theft deterrent system is on stayed on. When I got home, I turned the car off and then on and everything seemed fine. Any suggestions? Also, nothing seemed wrong with the car itself. However, I was at a stop when it happened. Thanks!

stevec5375
08-29-10, 02:13 PM
Yesterday, my DIC lights went dim for a few seconds. I was driving on the street, came to a stop at the light, and the DIC light went out for a few seconds. When it came back up, it said something about the anti-theft deterrent on the circle that shows mph. The little yellow light on the DIC that shows the anti-theft deterrent system is on stayed on. When I got home, I turned the car off and then on and everything seemed fine. Any suggestions? Also, nothing seemed wrong with the car itself. However, I was at a stop when it happened. Thanks!

I'm guessing that you were in the wrong part of town, the car sensed a potential car-jacker nearby and did the only logical thing it could do, went into anti-theft deterrent mode. After all, you were stopped, as you say. :histeric:

Smokin' SRX
08-30-10, 09:38 PM
good one Steve5375.

but seriously, any chance, somehow, a LOCK button was pressed on remote, or door?? Maybe, under those circumstances, just speculating................

SS

SS

stealth97
08-31-10, 12:12 AM
I must admit, that was funny.
It's possible I hit a button. I also thought of that, so I tried to press different buttons in my driveway and nothing happened. Thank you for the suggestion, though.
And to Steve for the laugh.

Cad96k
08-31-10, 12:12 PM
Something similar happened to me with the radio. I was listening to XM and suddenly the volume went down. I couldn't turn it up past 6 using either the steering wheel button or the console knob. I could turn the volume down to 0 but could not get it up past 6. I tried powering off/on the radio using the volume button and then inserting a CD to see if the problem was with XM. Nothing worked to fix the volume while driving. I pulled off at a rest stop and turned the car off. After waiting a few seconds I started the car again = volume back to normal.

I think there are definitely a few electrical quirks.

Ponyman
08-31-10, 01:11 PM
It happens to all of them. Our 05 CTS, we were returning home from San antonio, when the displays quit. No clock, radio, AC controls, nothing. The radio still played, just only the station it was on. I had OnStar run a diagnostic, and they could find nothing wrong with the car and advised to take it in for service. Well, we stopped for gas and got out of the car. When I started it back up everything was working right and it never happened again as long as we owned the car.

Smokin' SRX
08-31-10, 05:02 PM
We gotta remember, they are now Computers on wheels! LOL What did we expect? Gates.......u out there?? Sometimes even I need a Re-Boot, according to my wife! LOL

SS

TheCaptain
08-31-10, 10:42 PM
Yea, the problem with more and more computer controlled equipment in vehicles, is that anytime it encounters and error, it stops programming/reading that script to prevent damage. So, usually recycling the power (shutting off, dumping RAP with a door opening- drivers, and restart) is required to make everything run right again. These compy's in cars are pretty good, but not infallible. Sometimes they can catch it themselves and reset only causing a one time disturbance to the driver. Sometimes, in major cases, it does do damage of which needs to see the dealer to get repaired.

doctormstein1
09-05-10, 10:21 AM
Happened to me one time the second day after I picked up my car. Going under an underpass the lights in the dash dimmed for about 15 seconds and then went on. Never happened again. Don't know why but I'm glad it never reoccurred.

stevec5375
09-05-10, 01:39 PM
Happened to me one time the second day after I picked up my car. Going under an underpass the lights in the dash dimmed for about 15 seconds and then went on. Never happened again. Don't know why but I'm glad it never reoccurred.

I would imagine in your case that being in the underpass was long enough to have the headlights come on which would have dimmed your dash lights unless you had them turned all the way up with the dimmer control on the left side of the dash.

johnl327
09-05-10, 09:02 PM
the same thing happened to me but whjen it happened I pulled to the side of the road and turned the car off and back on again and then everything went back to normal,that was about 4 months ago and it hasn't happened scince

Black SRX Perf
09-06-10, 10:01 AM
Early on in my ownership, I had something similar happen. I was driving across the desert between California and Arizona, and the whole instrument cluster went blank. About a minute or two later it came back on as if it had "rebooted" (like when you initially start the car).

I have never had the experience again though (knock on wood!).