: Monticello V Lab acceleration test ????

vseries
08-29-10, 02:11 PM
For those of you that were not there one of the modules was an acceleration test , Basically punching it off the line then to a hard brake. The vehicle was a 2011 V-sedan with an automatic transmission. Traction control was on during this test.
My reason for this post and what puzzles me is the following. During the test when we punched it out of the hole there was slight chirping of the tires and the car took off rather well with the pedal to the floor. The traction control system was non-intrusive and acted more like a launch control.

I didnt think anything about it till the next day when I thought hey my car totally does not respond like that:hmm:

In my attempt with traction control on my car leaves a 50ft strip of rubber until traction control comes on then reduces power until it regains traction then hooks up and goes.

So has there been a software revision on the 2011's or were the test vehicles modified?

M-1028
08-29-10, 02:36 PM
With traction control on your car should NOT leave a 50ft strip of rubber. My 2010, bearly churps the tires and the traction control is working real hard to make this happen. My car is alot slower with it on.

shchow
08-29-10, 04:29 PM
I was there on Friday 8/20/2010.
The test of the ABS braking system was performed with the Coupe 3.6 liter, not the V, the day I was there...

baabootoo
08-29-10, 04:36 PM
With traction control on your car should NOT leave a 50ft strip of rubber. My 2010, bearly churps the tires and the traction control is working real hard to make this happen. My car is alot slower with it on.

Ditto on my 2009. With the 4 different settings, maybe it wasn't ALL the way on.