: Self Install of B&B Today

baabootoo
08-28-10, 11:54 PM
I installed the B&B today and it wasn't bad at all. It took 4 hours, with a few breaks mixed in. Getting the old 11' one-piece one off was easier than I thought too. The directions were fine, except the following. The ONLY issue, which cost over an hour, was lining up the passenger side pipe at the stock converter flange (they should really redo this angle to make it fit better). They had two different sides, and they weren't marked, so I had to try them both. It said to attach but not to tighten. Well, you need to snug them down so they won't shift, (and lose the seal) while you're lining the X-pipe up. With these fronts in place, I had to hammer the back of the X to get the mid-mount to line up. Once this was done, the rest was a snap. The mufflers bolted up easily and quickly. It sounds great, and doesn't leak. I'm happy!!!!!!!! :)

mugatu22
08-29-10, 01:08 AM
Congrats; always more fun & rewarding when you do the work yourself!

GM-4-LIFE
08-29-10, 01:29 AM
I would love to hear a sound clip to compare the B&B's to my Borlas.

dvandentop
08-29-10, 01:57 AM
post some pics of the b and b please

Razorecko
08-29-10, 11:00 AM
I would love to hear a sound clip to compare the B&B's to my Borlas.

sound clip of borla ? The only one i have heard was the old prototype with the old louder borla mufflers. I know they put in queiter ones for the production unit

baabootoo
08-29-10, 04:39 PM
I didn't take any pictures of it, but there's a thread on page 4 with a lot of posts, pictures, and sounds.

Razorecko
08-29-10, 04:41 PM
^ Those are pics of the louder muffler canisters. I'm talking about the one that is in production straight shipped from borla final product

lavaman
08-30-10, 10:50 PM
I installed the B&B today and it wasn't bad at all. It took 4 hours, with a few breaks mixed in. Getting the old 11' one-piece one off was easier than I thought too. The directions were fine, except the following. The ONLY issue, which cost over an hour, was lining up the passenger side pipe at the stock converter flange (they should really redo this angle to make it fit better). They had two different sides, and they weren't marked, so I had to try them both. It said to attach but not to tighten. Well, you need to snug them down so they won't shift, (and lose the seal) while you're lining the X-pipe up. With these fronts in place, I had to hammer the back of the X to get the mid-mount to line up. Once this was done, the rest was a snap. The mufflers bolted up easily and quickly. It sounds great, and doesn't leak. I'm happy!!!!!!!! :)

I had the same issue with the front pass side pipe. Additionally, in order to line up the tips at the rear bumper I had to tap the pass side muffler assembly as far into the "x" pipe as possible and slip the drivers side onto the "x" pipe as little as possible (just enough to seal it up). Running it this way resulted in the drivers side muffler rubbing/squeaking against a support rod after the exhausted heated up and expanded...(The tips extend out about 1/2" from their cold location after the exhaust heats). So for now I have moved the drivers side muffler assembly in further than the pass side untill I can get it on a lift and properly adjust things by shortening (cutting) the drivers side of the "X" pipe to allow the muffler assembly to move further forward.

While I love the function and sound of the system, it could (should) fit better.

baabootoo
08-31-10, 01:15 AM
Yeah, I called them today and they are going to "retest" fit an exhaust. I'm waiting for a call-back from one of their installers. He wanted pictures, but I'm not parting it for that. My tips stick out about 1/2", but they're equal.

Stumeat
09-27-10, 02:57 PM
I didn't take any pictures of it, but there's a thread on page 4 with a lot of posts, pictures, and sounds.

I have searched and searched for this post. Can anyone help me find it? (or post pics/videos of the B&B system)?

Thanks,

lavaman
09-27-10, 03:02 PM
Here is the vid.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k190/DKrage01/CTS-V/th_BBexhaust-09CTS-V.jpg (http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k190/DKrage01/CTS-V/?action=view&current=BBexhaust-09CTS-V.mp4)

cbloveday
09-27-10, 07:13 PM
Sounds great Doug!