: trunk pull down ...

creeker
08-28-10, 05:39 PM
The trunk pull down motor on my 80 cdv is not working,a flat piece of plastic,
about 1 inch square has broken off,it worked in a hinged manner,is this the piece that opens the trunk remotely?,my main question is what actually turns the motor
on?, on my 97 sts it's very obvious, the switch is in the trunk lid. I cant figure out what activates the motor on my 80 cdv., there is power going to the motor.
I would be happy if I could manually shut trunk and use key to open, can I adjust
the "hook" on motor so I can manually shut trunk?. Thanks

MudAnt
08-28-10, 07:41 PM
The trunk pull down motor on my 80 cdv is not working,a flat piece of plastic,
about 1 inch square has broken off,it worked in a hinged manner,is this the piece that opens the trunk remotely?,my main question is what actually turns the motor
on?, on my 97 sts it's very obvious, the switch is in the trunk lid. I cant figure out what activates the motor on my 80 cdv., there is power going to the motor.
I would be happy if I could manually shut trunk and use key to open, can I adjust
the "hook" on motor so I can manually shut trunk?. Thanks

The down direction for the motor gets power through the trunklid latch. This is what causes it to come on once you close the lid.
The hinged switch the broke off yours is what tells the motor the trunk is open, and causes the hook to come up.

Assuming the motor is still working, put a piece of tape on whats left of the lever that broke off to hold it down, and when you close the trunk it should go down. The next time you open it, the latch should stay down and trunk will work like any other car.

creeker
08-28-10, 10:34 PM
The down direction for the motor gets power through the trunklid latch. This is what causes it to come on once you close the lid.
The hinged switch the broke off yours is what tells the motor the trunk is open, and causes the hook to come up.

Assuming the motor is still working, put a piece of tape on whats left of the lever that broke off to hold it down, and when you close the trunk it should go down. The next time you open it, the latch should stay down and trunk will work like any other car.

Thanks for your help.

brougham
08-29-10, 06:05 PM
You can take apart the loop side with the motor and turn it down by hand. Just unplug the wire and then you don't have to deal with it moving again.

1980coupe
08-29-10, 11:44 PM
disconnect battery and open trunk pull back the trunk lining by where the trunk motor is and there is a inline fuse remove it and reconnect battery. now when you open with ke, motor won't activate. Simple

creeker
08-30-10, 03:41 PM
disconnect battery and open trunk pull back the trunk lining by where the trunk motor is and there is a inline fuse remove it and reconnect battery. now when you open with ke, motor won't activate. Simple

Thanks, I solved my problem,I took the latch assembly completely apart and
adjusted the "hook", it works fine, I just use key instead of remote.

1980coupe
08-31-10, 04:27 AM
Thanks, I solved my problem,I took the latch assembly completely apart and
adjusted the "hook", it works fine, I just use key instead of remote.
good to hear!! I use the remote on my key alarm; pops the trunk and the 5th wheel too!
I have posted your pics of your car up on your other topic. Check 'em out.