: Can I add Bluetooth to a 2006 non0NAV STS?

dkocian
08-27-10, 01:31 PM
I have a 2006 non-NAV STS with just the radio and 6-CD changer. It has no A/V inputs. It also does not have Bluetooth. Is it possible to add a/v inputs and bluetooth capability to the radio? Bluetooth was apparently an initial option since bluetooth shows up on the screen but cannot be activated. I listen to a lot of books on tapes using an iphone and would like to hook up both to use my iphone for making calls as well as to listen to audiobooks and music. I use OnStar, but don't like the high priced phone options. However, I don't want to disconnect OnStar so the options available that require disconnecting OnStar won't work for me. I have tried the FM transmitter option for music and was very disappointed in the whole mess. Cumbersome and bad audio quality.

STE_6000
08-28-10, 02:47 AM
U can buy a universal bluetooth car kit.

Sent using Motorola Droid

EChas3
08-28-10, 03:49 PM
If you have XM Radio Capability, Pacific Accessories Corp (or like) make add-ons that integrate very nicely.

dkocian
08-29-10, 10:37 AM
If you have XM Radio Capability, Pacific Accessories Corp (or like) make add-ons that integrate very nicely.

Sadly, PAC makes nothing that will work on the 2006 STS. I think they have every other model covered but not mine.
Thanks.

dkocian
08-29-10, 10:40 AM
U can buy a universal bluetooth car kit.

I have been looking, but can find nothing that will interface into the existing radio system. Are there any ones that you have seen?

EChas3
08-31-10, 11:05 PM
PAC's uPAC-STS is in my 2006; works fine. I thought it offered a module (supports up to two) for Bluetooth. I chose iPod & HD Radio (a waste). It's not usually commercial free like a lot of XM.

Jmac572
08-31-10, 11:38 PM
I was looking for the same deal for my '05 but the uPAC STS says its made for the 07-08 STS, is this true? I cant imagine what changed in the radio for '07, my '05 is a non-nav, bose, XM, onstar which the uPAC says it fits