: turnn signal sound

doctormstein1
08-26-10, 10:32 AM
Occasionally when using my turn signal. as its blink and sounding, a different sound comes on. Does anyone know what this is.

2010sled
08-26-10, 10:54 AM
As long as its working who really gives a -uck

stevec5375
08-26-10, 12:06 PM
Occasionally when using my turn signal. as its blink and sounding, a different sound comes on. Does anyone know what this is.

I have found that if you leave it on too long, you get a different sound. It must be warning you that you may have left your turn signal on too long. It happened to me once when I signal an exit of the freeway and forgot to turn it off as I was driving down the frontage road.

algiorda
08-26-10, 01:01 PM
If that's true, then that's cool. Another thing I now have to try!!! :cool2:

GMJim
08-26-10, 02:42 PM
it will sound an alarm if the turn signal is left on for over a minute.
Not an alarm per say, but a different sound.

TheCaptain
08-26-10, 07:17 PM
Hmm, never heard this one before. All cars need this!

OffThaHorseCEO
08-26-10, 08:29 PM
i call it the old people alert!
my 93 roadmaster and both devilles had this. ive never triggered it on the SRX though. Its very a very urgent sound especially the first time i heard it

i was seeing how fast i could get the roadmaster up to. i signaled while entering the emptiest highway in the world then gunned it. when i reached about 109 i heard the warning. it scared the mess out of me cause i thought i had gone too far

GMJim
08-26-10, 08:30 PM
Cap, If you change lanes and ACTUALLY use you blinker doing so, if you forget to turn
it off, it will let you know.

Other car is a ?
08-26-10, 10:24 PM
Cap, If you change lanes and ACTUALLY use you blinker doing so, if you forget to turn
it off, it will let you know.

If you just touch the signal lever the signals will flash 3-times for a lane change, so you don't have to activate the lever all the way

ewill3rd
08-26-10, 10:27 PM
My 92 Olds did that too, it was based on distance traveled, I think it was 1/4 mile with the signal on.
I haven't heard it on much anything newer.

stevec5375
08-26-10, 10:37 PM
i call it the old people alert!
my 93 roadmaster and both devilles had this. ive never triggered it on the SRX though. Its very a very urgent sound especially the first time i heard it

i was seeing how fast i could get the roadmaster up to. i signaled while entering the emptiest highway in the world then gunned it. when i reached about 109 i heard the warning. it scared the mess out of me cause i thought i had gone too far

I call it deaf kid alert. How many times have I pulled up next to some kid in his/her car and the music was so loud I could actually hear it and feel it in my car.

cz9h3d
08-27-10, 11:53 AM
These sounds are actually digital files (MP3 or Wave, I forget which) - wouldn't it be cool if you could easily replace? Say, maybe load a "clucking chicken" onto your buddy's car when he's not looking for the turn signal sound?

smiley47
08-27-10, 04:09 PM
it will sound an alarm if the turn signal is left on for over a minute.
Not an alarm per say, but a different sound.

I left my turn signal on just to hear the sound and see how long it takes before "sounding". In my case it took 1 minute and 15 seconds. I wish there was a way to reduce that time to 15 seconds or so to keep from looking senile.

TheCaptain
08-27-10, 05:04 PM
I left my turn signal on just to hear the sound and see how long it takes before "sounding". In my case it took 1 minute and 15 seconds. I wish there was a way to reduce that time to 15 seconds or so to keep from looking senile.

But, if its only 15 seconds or so, it may come on at long red lights or something similar. Of which i would find more annoying...

GMJim
08-27-10, 05:17 PM
+ 1 for the clucking chicken

smiley47
08-27-10, 08:15 PM
But, if its only 15 seconds or so, it may come on at long red lights or something similar. Of which i would find more annoying...

Good point but 1 minute and 15 seconds is a loooooong time.

Smokin' SRX
08-30-10, 10:29 PM
It's distance triggered, not time. I'm for a Jackass sound :thumbsup:

SS

smiley47
08-31-10, 12:17 AM
It's distance triggered, not time. I'm for a Jackass sound :thumbsup:

SS

What's the distance?