: 05 STS Passenger Power Seat is completely dead. Can someone please HELP?

Austin Ung
08-24-10, 05:01 PM
Hello Caddy Owners,

I have a 2005 STS V6. One day my Passenger Power Seat decided to stop working all of sudden. When I push any of the seat adjustment knobs nothing happens. No sound or anything. In addition, my passenger seat doesn't get heated anymore when I turn the heated seat on.

Seeing if anyone out there has have a similar problem or can help. Any insight is much appreciated!

Thanks!!!!!!

next2pool
08-24-10, 06:15 PM
Hello Caddy Owners,

I have a 2005 STS V6. One day my Passenger Power Seat decided to stop working all of sudden. When I push any of the seat adjustment knobs nothing happens. No sound or anything. In addition, my passenger seat doesn't get heated anymore when I turn the heated seat on.

Seeing if anyone out there has have a similar problem or can help. Any insight is much appreciated!

Thanks!!!!!!

The power seat is controlled by a relay and the heated seat by a fuse under the rear seat, so I would first suspect one of the wire connectors underneath the front RH seats may be disconnected or partially disconnected. Hopefully if the seat isn't all the way down you can se and reach it and check the connection. Another possibility is that one of the main underhood fuses which feeds the rear fuse blocks may have blown, but that usually disables some other stuff as well. Anyway, there are a couple of places to check.

johnny-cash
10-17-11, 06:24 PM
ok fixed it was dpm 10a fuse, everything works now thanks for looking

muzariaz
01-09-13, 11:40 PM
Bringing this thread back to life, im having the same problem, i checked the fuses but they are all fine, the heated seat display comes on for both driver and passenger, but no heated seats...The passenger side adjustments are not working but the driver side works....

muzariaz
01-18-13, 10:38 AM
....?

1BadCadSTS
01-18-13, 10:52 AM
Bad element.