: Retracting Sideview Mirrors

saugusta
08-24-10, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know if it's possible to have the sideview mirrors retract automatically when the SRX ignition is turned off? I usually do this manually in the parking lot where I work, but forget to often times as well. The sideviews seem like they get whacked a lot when I forget to retract them. :annoyed:

sube5186
08-24-10, 04:54 PM
Presently there's no provision within the Config Menu to do this automatically. Great idea though.

Sube

pastohio
08-25-10, 08:40 AM
I would like to be able to control how much the mirrors drop when you put the car in reverse....mine seem to go down so far that they are of little help when backing...I like to see the parking lines when backing , but can't see anything else...my $.02

sube5186
08-25-10, 10:59 AM
I would like to be able to control how much the mirrors drop when you put the car in reverse....mine seem to go down so far that they are of little help when backing...I like to see the parking lines when backing , but can't see anything else...my $.02

I only see one problem with that. The angle of downward tilt needed varies depending on where you're parking. You may be parallel parking next to a high curb, or backing into a parking space with lines painted on the ground. Because of this, I prefer to adjust the mirrors manually. No one automatic setting will work best in all situations.

Sube

Marc NY
08-30-10, 09:06 PM
I only see one problem with that. The angle of downward tilt needed varies depending on where you're parking. You may be parallel parking next to a high curb, or backing into a parking space with lines painted on the ground. Because of this, I prefer to adjust the mirrors manually. No one automatic setting will work best in all situations.

SubeI purchased a small wide angled mirror for that reason... oh and to be able to see my rear driver side blind spots too. I have had other cars with mirrors that tilted downward and I never really liked them. I actually prefer to use the mirrors as they are and combined with the usage of my rear camera.

Smokin' SRX
08-30-10, 09:16 PM
I purchased a small wide angled mirror for that reason... oh and to be able to see my rear driver side blind spots too. I have had other cars with mirrors that tilted downward and I never really liked them. I actually prefer to use the mirrors as they are and combined with the usage of my rear camera.
I'm with you. round blind spot mirrors went on day after she came home. Turned OFF the Reverse curb view mirror option immediately after. Best of all worlds :yup: See my album for some unintentional pix of them.

SS

RippyPartsDept
08-30-10, 09:18 PM
i usually have my side mirrors angled out to match the view of the rear view mirror with some overlap
http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/mirrors/CarTalkMirrors.pdf
i loathe those tiny wide angle mirrors

Marc NY
08-30-10, 09:41 PM
... i loathe those tiny wide angle mirrors I much prefer to have them built into the mirror like some of the newer vehicles have now. Since there isn't that option on the SRX's yet I put on one to give me the best of both worlds.

See my photoshop image below that is some what similar to the one I have. It fits perfectly in the lower left side of the mirror. *I tend to like those a little bit better than the full circlular ones.

Smokin' SRX
08-30-10, 09:55 PM
I much prefer to have them built into the mirror like some of the newer vehicles have now. Since there isn't that option on the SRX's yet I put on one to give me the best of both worlds.

See my photoshop image below that is some what similar to the one I have. It fits perfectly in the lower left side of the mirror. *I tend to like those a little bit better than the full circlular ones.

I sure like the looks (no pun intended) better w/ yours, but experimentation has taught me that a large (3") round BSM gives best image recognition at NITE, so I use them. But anything helps on this sled. They don't look so bad IMHO. See my album for a few side shots.

SS

Marc NY
08-30-10, 09:58 PM
All I need to do is find your Alblum... newbie here... LOL

Smokin' SRX
08-30-10, 10:05 PM
All I need to do is find your Alblum... newbie here... LOL

LOL sorry! Just click on my avatar (Flag) then scroll down info log and on left, click on my album.

TheCaptain
08-30-10, 10:13 PM
I'm still young enough i can crank my head around 160*. :rofl:

Marc NY
08-30-10, 10:23 PM
LOL sorry! Just click on my avatar (Flag) then scroll down info log and on left, click on my album.NICE! What is that gold badge I see on the door???

I'm still young enough i can crank my head around 160*. :rofl:Wait until you hit 60 something... LOL

RippyPartsDept
08-30-10, 10:38 PM
NICE! What is that gold badge I see on the door???

looks like something out of one of these emblem kits
http://vogue-tyre.com/images/products/accessories/0000000848/185-deville-goldkit_500.jpg

Smokin' SRX
08-31-10, 05:10 PM
Captain.......u got me beat! I'm down to about 120 degree twist, unless my other Captain friend is around! U know Morgan? LOL

Rippy............u r right! Ebay kit. (Bigdaddycaddy.com) But OLDER, classier, Caddy wreath/crest. Just wanted to dress it up ( and show off my American steel in a world of boring, cookie-cutter, pomegranate shaped sleds!

SS

RippyPartsDept
08-31-10, 05:27 PM
Yeah, vogue sells the old style emblem kit too

pastohio
09-06-10, 01:13 PM
Had a Caddy with the "Vogue" gold stuff, after about 1 year the gold started fading and the dealership said Vogue wouldn't do anything about it, the car had 4 K miles after the first year and spent over 95% of the time in a temp controlled garage....I also had the trouble with the Vogue tires, splitting in the whitewalls and cracking near the black/orange rings...I would never spend another dime on anything from Vogue !!!

Smokin' SRX
09-07-10, 02:47 PM
I don't blame you. Stuff I bought on Ebay is OEM Caddy stuff ( from older years/models) and I bet it lasts.................
I hate it when a co. does not back their stuff and make it very clear to them that I will make it well known.

tks for the heads-up.

SS