: Greetings from Sweden - Cadillac Sedan DeVille 1967

cadillacbeginner
08-24-10, 08:48 AM
Here are some pics of my dear Caddy. Approx 42,000 miles and almost original in all parts. Imported from Akron, Ohio in December 2009.

RippyPartsDept
08-27-10, 11:14 PM
sweet!

CADforce69
10-05-10, 07:00 PM
Wonderful unit! Congratulations. 67 is one of my favourite caddy years. Can you tell us any tale about your car? Im sure that it wont go unnoticed in Sweden.

cadillacbeginner
10-16-10, 05:50 PM
Wonderful unit! Congratulations. 67 is one of my favourite caddy years. Can you tell us any tale about your car? Im sure that it wont go unnoticed in Sweden.

Well, one tale is that the car has been owned by a former president of an Ohio Cadillac Club. Unfortunately, I have not been able to verify that, but I will try. As you mentioned, the car won't go unnoticed and I have visited some Cadillac meetings where other participants have admired her. 67 is my favourite caddy year, other exciting years are 59 and 69, especially 59. The problem is that the 59's are to expensive in Sweden.

CADforce69
10-22-10, 12:04 PM
Well, one tale is that the car has been owned by a former president of an Ohio Cadillac Club. Unfortunately, I have not been able to verify that, but I will try. As you mentioned, the car won't go unnoticed and I have visited some Cadillac meetings where other participants have admired her. 67 is my favourite caddy year, other exciting years are 59 and 69, especially 59. The problem is that the 59's are to expensive in Sweden.

Then Im sure that its as good as it looks. All around Europe 59s caddys are not very affordable. Right now Im trying to get a 69 Sedan Deville here in Spain. It has a good price and hers engine/transmission, as well as her body, seems to be in a fairly good condition but has a lot of work to do in her interior. Is caddy maintenance easy in Sweden?

Bigjack21000
10-25-10, 01:22 PM
Very nice car!!! And be welcome on this website;)

orconn
11-04-10, 03:08 PM
Very nice looking sixties Cadillac. I imagine you've already been told the wheels on the car are not original equipement for this model. That being said I think they look great nevertheless! I used to drive a '69 Sedan de Ville tha an aunt had back and forth between Phoenix, Arizona and Los Angeles, California and on those long interstate trips the car could not be faultedd for comfortable front seating and ride. A real American "mile eater." How do you find it for Swedish driving environments?

cadillacbeginner
11-05-10, 08:16 PM
Then Im sure that its as good as it looks. All around Europe 59s caddys are not very affordable. Right now Im trying to get a 69 Sedan Deville here in Spain. It has a good price and hers engine/transmission, as well as her body, seems to be in a fairly good condition but has a lot of work to do in her interior. Is caddy maintenance easy in Sweden?

Been a while since I visited this community...Ahh, the 69 is very fine and you will also get the 472 cui engine that is commonly told to be a bit better than the 429. Caddy maintenance is easy in Sweden - in summertime (late April-September), other periods you must keep the car in a garage. It is tough to wait until April, the winter is very loooong in Sweden. When I get older and retire, I would love to move to Spain. The climate and food is super!

cadillacbeginner
11-05-10, 08:21 PM
Very nice car!!! And be welcome on this website;)

Thanks for your admiration and for welcoming me! :D

CADforce69
11-07-10, 09:25 AM
Been a while since I visited this community...Ahh, the 69 is very fine and you will also get the 472 cui engine that is commonly told to be a bit better than the 429. Caddy maintenance is easy in Sweden - in summertime (late April-September), other periods you must keep the car in a garage. It is tough to wait until April, the winter is very loooong in Sweden. When I get older and retire, I would love to move to Spain. The climate and food is super!

Yeah, thats what everyone says about 472 engine. :D It must be hard not to to move your caddy from such a long time. I think at least you will start it in the garage from time to time for listening to the music of her engine. Yes, climate and food is very good here in Spain... And its much better if you have a Swedish salary :lol: It would be best of both worlds.

Ive reached an agreement with the seller of the 69 caddy and hes now solving some paperwork problem to prepare sale. I hope the wait do not extend for long. Im anxious to have it:bouncy:

I hope some day you can come here and we meet with our caddies... Before our retirement:thumbsup: