: Are there any hearse forums that are actually active?

YourMainParadox
08-23-10, 06:37 PM
I am a member of a couple forums that have to do with hearse and none seem to have any activity. Anyone know of any others besides professionalcar.org one

cts-v771
08-24-10, 09:15 AM
try this one. www.professionalcarsociety.org

The-Dullahan
08-25-10, 12:12 AM
CTSV beat me to it. I do believe Hearseclub has their own forum as well, which may be buzzing with activity, considering the publicity the website gets. It may be the other way around though, if most people who go there, go there strictly for the webpage.

The-Dullahan
08-25-10, 12:16 AM
Aha. More rusty fun.

YourMainParadox
08-25-10, 07:59 AM
hearseclub did not have any activity besides the "hearse girl" or maybe girls.

The-Dullahan
08-25-10, 10:39 AM
Kind of what I figured. That website is useless, unless you are just looking for photographs of hearses, particularly in random situations.

YourMainParadox
08-25-10, 12:23 PM
www.nationalhearse.net
www.professionalcarsociety.org
www.professionalcar.org
www.hearseclub.com

are all the places I have found/joined

The-Dullahan
08-25-10, 07:56 PM
I keep hearing lately of other local Hearses throughout Central FL that people are seeing/mistaking for me (in spite of more of them most likely not being similar to mine in any way. If they are all privately owned (As I assume, if they look anything like my own) then I need to track these people down. We can start a FL hearse club, which more than likely already exists.

CBodyFan
08-25-10, 11:25 PM
The hearse forums are...DEAD? :shocked2:

YourMainParadox
08-25-10, 11:35 PM
I keep hearing lately of other local Hearses throughout Central FL that people are seeing/mistaking for me (in spite of more of them most likely not being similar to mine in any way. If they are all privately owned (As I assume, if they look anything like my own) then I need to track these people down. We can start a FL hearse club, which more than likely already exists.

or you can just move up here and have an even better club :P

Bro-Ham
08-26-10, 12:09 AM
Ten years ago I was a member of the Professional Car Society, they sent out a nifty magazine and I even got connected with a minister from Georgia from whom I bought my absolutely lovely 1978 Fleetwood Limousine with 29k miles in Sterling Blue (light blue) with dark blue top and dark blue interior. I dropped the membership a few years later but I assume there are still people enthusing about those vehicles in that club.

Stingroo
08-26-10, 12:43 AM
The hearse forums are...DEAD? :shocked2:

Oh ho! Is funny because is hearse!

The-Dullahan
08-26-10, 02:07 AM
Well, as things stand right now I may end up taking car of my Mother, which means I will get stuck living within the vicinity of where she lives. Eventually, I can just move to Ireland and into the estate with my cousin, but then I'd have to swap my Hearse over to go all righty...

Dirtywaterdiver
08-26-10, 12:42 PM
I think this forum should be split up to pre-1950 cars, 50 and 60 Cadillacs, 70-80, etc. Sure would make the flow of info easier.

Stingroo
08-26-10, 12:53 PM
Look down below into the "Classic Cadillac" forum.

It's recently been done. :thumbsup:

CBodyFan
08-26-10, 08:25 PM
Sorry, couldn't resist. :devilheh:

Actually had a discussion with a friend who is a funeral director. Not a car guy at all but prefers the DTS hearse over the Town Car hearse. Says the lines of the DTS flow better with the hearse style rather than the rounder Town Car style. He also says he has never had a bad FWD DeVille/DTS hearse (although they don't get driven much before being turned over). I would assume the Town Car, because of it's full frame construction and rear wheel drive would make a better professional car but he says no he likes the Cadillac.

The real question is since both cars die in the 2011 model year what will the conversion companies use? Neither the CTS nor the MKS seems appropriate.

Robin Banx
08-27-10, 12:11 AM
Possibly there would be a splinter group in a Funeral Parlour forum?? Seriously, go to my album hosted here with pix of last years Classy Caddies meet in Victoria B.C. There was a stunning 67 Cad hearse there with a blown big block in it. It was not a trailer queen, the owner drove it to the meet and the sounds it made were those of a 9 second quarter mile machine. It was sensational and I hope you can my album because I usually can't.
Cheers..........R.