: Soon to be 1st time owner of 06 RWD V6 STS...NEED ADVICE

DauroT
08-23-10, 11:56 AM
I know its been beaten to death...but I live in upstate NY so by know you realize the weather is a joke. @ questions here: I cam across a used 2006 black on black loaded v6 RWD STS. I want to know what you guys believe the private asking price should be...give me some mins..and maxs you believe I should pay. The condition is really nice..

The second question I prefer a V8 AWD but this is the V6 RWD...how safe and reliable will this be as a winter car...even with Traction Control and a set of winter tires. Am I better off looking for my AWD V8 or dealing with the elements and moving forward with this RWD V6...the cars price might be to hard to pass...

SlickCityStan
08-23-10, 12:04 PM
to give a good quote on price need to know the mileage and trim level for example 1SC, 1SG, etc. I live in florida so I can't give any advice on winter driving! V6 trim levels are only 1SA, 1SB, 1SC. A 1SG would apply only to a V8

carter's_sts
08-23-10, 12:04 PM
I would get an AWD if I were you. Even those aren't the greatest in the snow.

cooncat
08-23-10, 01:11 PM
good luck in the purchase of a STS. You are going to love the car. I love mine.

Here are a couple of good websites to do your research:

www.nada.com

www.kbb.com

www.edmunds.com

Good luck and have fun. Keep us posted and post some pictures.

EChas3
08-23-10, 09:36 PM
It sounds like you're falling for this car. That's fine; it's likely to be a great car. But be serious about snow tires. Honestly, the AWD is made for your climate.

DauroT
08-24-10, 09:22 AM
I dont know the trim level..its 2006 STS V6 black on black with navigation and has 39,800 miles..let me know if this helps and thanks

to give a good quote on price need to know the mileage and trim level for example 1SC, 1SG, etc. I live in florida so I can't give any advice on winter driving! V6 trim levels are only 1SA, 1SB, 1SC. A 1SG would apply only to a V8

DauroT
08-24-10, 09:24 AM
Thanks..but at less than 10k miles per year and it being 4yrs old it might be to nice to pass up, plus I may be moving out west so I just need to get by 1 winter..

I would get an AWD if I were you. Even those aren't the greatest in the snow.

DauroT
08-24-10, 09:25 AM
good luck in the purchase of a STS. You are going to love the car. I love mine.

Here are a couple of good websites to do your research:

www.nada.com

www.kbb.com

www.edmunds.com

Good luck and have fun. Keep us posted and post some pictures.

Thanks and will do....

DauroT
08-24-10, 09:26 AM
I know and your right but I may have no other options beside snow tires....if I decide to go with the car..

It sounds like you're falling for this car. That's fine; it's likely to be a great car. But be serious about snow tires. Honestly, the AWD is made for your climate.