: Remote

2010sled
08-23-10, 10:23 AM
:stirpot:Will the SRX keep running without the remotes.

TexasStation
08-23-10, 12:02 PM
Yes it will keep running if you remove the remote from the vehicle. I had mine running in the driveway, I took the remote inside, then returned to the car. I was even able to stop the car and restart it, provided I didn't exit and reenter the vehicle before I tried to restart it. If I did that, I would get the "remote not detected" message and it wouldn't start.

Smokin' SRX
08-23-10, 07:25 PM
cool. I just locked mine with the remote, took the keys and let it run while I ran into the Post office. Figured it was safe running and locked within my eyesight, anyway................

Didn't know I coulda restarted it too! But I bet if you wait for the time-out of the Retained Power, (5-10 minutes that radio will still play) it wouldn't so be aware. You may be caught w/o power......

SS

CaddySpec25
12-15-10, 12:29 AM
So we all know that it will remain running if the remote is removed from the perimiter of the interior provided that it has been started already.

Question is, is there a time limit for it to run with out the remote before everything just cuts out?
Almost like the SRX thinks its been car-jacked.

sube5186
12-15-10, 10:54 AM
Question is, is there a time limit for it to run with out the remote before everything just cuts out?

Nope. It'll keep running as long as there's gas in the tank. A word of caution. From a security perspective, this is not safe and in some municipalities it's even illegal. Someone can simply break the window and drive off. If they turn the car off, they won't be able to restart it. However, they'll still be able to drive it to the nearest chop shop before that happens. Where as, if you use the remote start feature, even though the car is running the ignition and all other electronics are locked until you depress the break pedal and start button WITH THE REMOTE IN THE VEHICLE. You can do two consecutive cycles of the remote start, giving you 20 mins of run time.

Sube

CaddySpec25
12-19-10, 03:16 AM
Nope. It'll keep running as long as there's gas in the tank. A word of caution. From a security perspective, this is not safe and in some municipalities it's even illegal. Someone can simply break the window and drive off. If they turn the car off, they won't be able to restart it. However, they'll still be able to drive it to the nearest chop shop before that happens. Where as, if you use the remote start feature, even though the car is running the ignition and all other electronics are locked until you depress the break pedal and start button WITH THE REMOTE IN THE VEHICLE. You can do two consecutive cycles of the remote start, giving you 20 mins of run time.

Sube

Correct!

And then after 2 consecutive remote starts, you will then have to place the key fob in the vehicle if you want to do additional remote starts.

I don't know why anyone would leave a $40,000 truck running alone in a way other than remote start...