: 2010 SRX Transmission Control module & solenoid replaced after 2500 miles/2months

rreuben
08-22-10, 02:53 PM
The Transmission Control Module and Control Solenoid Valve on my 2010 SRX Performance FWD (2 months, 2500 miles) were deemed to be the case of a 'sticking transmission' problem I recently faced.

My Symptom: Transmission sticking and/or jumping back down to low gear (deemed to be 2nd gear by Cadillac tech support) when car is cold, thereby preventing any reasonable acceleration onto faster moving traffic. RPM went up to 6000+ and neither sport mode, nor regular automatic mode would permit shifting into higher gear.

Took Cadillac's field engineer and tech service engineers 2.5 weeks to figure out and fix the problem. I was told that there are 2-3 cases so far of transmission issues that are very similar, one of which needed a new solenoid like mine. Interestingly, the parts were on 'backorder' and I was being told for nearly over a week that they were waiting on parts to arrive! Will update this post if the problem re-occurs anytime soon.

Took me 2 trips to the dealer to get this attended to. 3 weeks cumulative in the shop before they released it back to me as 'fixed'. Given this is my 2nd SRX (first was a lemon), I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with the quality issues I have run into and at this point in time, the whole first time luxury car experience for me on the SRX (which is truly a great car if not for the quality problems I faced) has been nothing but bad memories and poor customer service from GM :( As a loyal GM customer for nearly 15 years, highly unlikely I will ever want to go near a GM car again anytime soon.

Smokin' SRX
08-22-10, 04:03 PM
understandable. It's annoying when this happens.......twice! At least GM seems to be trying to resolve it for you and may in fact have. All auto brands have issues. I have friends with MB/Acura/Lexi and I could tell you some horror stories. You are in the minority (thank heaven) who have these larger problems. I wish you the best with your remaining years in the X and hopefully it will win you back!

We love ours. It is indeed a beautiful/ enjoyable sled to drive!
SS

AWSMBLU
08-22-10, 06:20 PM
Hello
I just dealt with a problem like that myself. As i posted earlier i had to have the transmission replaced.

SRX GUY
06-21-11, 03:03 PM
I just got my SRX back yesterday 1 month to the day. I also had simular problems 6 months old with 13k miles, and had to have the trans replaced. I am a bit leary about the vehicle now especially when the service rep told me it took so long because GM rep procedures and the techs did not have any experience installing the trans. I got the vehicle back with greese on the carpet and seat and the engine compartment was also full of greese. I bought a new vehicle so I wouldn't have to worry about major problems. It's a beautiful vehicle but between trans problems and service (4hr oil changes) this WILL be the last GM vehicle I will ever own. I thought owning a cadillac meant something but I was wrong.

Smokin' SRX
06-22-11, 11:24 PM
No you were right! But nobody apparently told the Dealer that you use!! I too would be frustrated. Hey even the Space shuttle blows up, and that cost a bit more. But grease on the carpets?? The Seats?? Are you kidding? Pls don't tell me you bought it there. That would be a triple slap in the face and I'd inform the Service Manager, Dealer owner and then copy GM. Finally, if not compensated somehow, find a new dealer!

As for the lack of experience in methodology to replace the tranny, I am a little bit more understanding as it was a first year model and that is at least somewhat understandable. That's a chance we take on any first year sled. Any brand. Just my .02

I hope they got you squared away and these issues will be a distant memory by end of ownership for you. You sure deserve it. You've been thru the mill.

SS

Ponyman
06-24-11, 10:21 PM
4 hour oil change? My dealership changed mine in 45 minutes on a busy Saturday morning.

Smokin' SRX
06-27-11, 06:36 PM
well, this is the Dealer who told him " you can just replace chrome cover on the damaged hupcap....". He needs a Rippy/Luk/Ewill3rd kinda Dealer!!! Sounds like you have one Ponyman.

SS

stevec5375
06-28-11, 10:17 AM
Why is it that when someone posts a problem on this forum that some people can't wait to rub it in and tell them how fantastic their SRX has been and that they NEVER have problems? What is to be gained by that? It just makes the poster feel worse that they may have a problem car. If you don't have anything constructive to add, don't you think it would be best to just keep quiet? I'm not trying to start a flame war here but I see this all the time from "some people".

Ponyman
06-28-11, 12:20 PM
All I can tell you Mr. Know it all, is that if you don't like my posts, then put me on ignore, or don't read them. I Am sure with your vast computer knowledge, that you can handle that task. As for the rest of you, I value your opinions, and if I have offended any of the rest of you just let me know, and I will try to make ammends. My post was just to let new people to the forum that all dealers, and all SRX's are not as bad as some would have you think.