: Yo, Marines on here, got something special for ya!

93DevilleUSMC
08-22-10, 12:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNcBh_T-hI&feature=search

The guys who did The Warrior Song (which EcSTStatic posted on here some time ago), went back and did a special version just for Marines.

Enjoy!

The-Dullahan
08-22-10, 09:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYJLHWJNuew&feature=search

Somehow, there is such a thing as Christian Military Metal. Not sure how that was born.

Photo at 3:04 confuses the Hell out of me though.

Destroyer
08-22-10, 10:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNcBh_T-hI&feature=search

The guys who did The Warrior Song (which EcSTStatic posted on here some time ago), went back and did a special version just for Marines.

Enjoy!Didn't you already post this a while back? If not, it was definately something equally stupid. :thehand:

The-Dullahan
08-22-10, 10:09 PM
Here, even better.
I almost feel bad for that kid to have those GWB ears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MjLKjPc7q8&feature=av2n

Lupin
08-22-10, 10:19 PM
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/485/1250388352345.jpg

The-Dullahan
08-22-10, 10:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I7Ue2wX6iQ&feature=related

Stingroo
08-22-10, 10:45 PM
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/485/1250388352345.jpg

That's totally not cool.

Lupin
08-22-10, 10:48 PM
Elite Cadillac Taskforce > Marines.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6388/ectvsusmc.png

The-Dullahan
08-22-10, 11:10 PM
That's totally not cool.

Yes. yes it is.

It requires a special kind of insanity to see the light in morbid situations. While I think Lupin simply doesn't support military infrastructure in an almost anarchistic kind of way.

People will never agree about military actions, it has been that way since the dawn of time, but it is a two-way road and all are entitled to their own opinion, which is out national right, argumentatively that is an ironic statement at the forces that defend our rights from foreign powers.

While I agree that the military is corrupt and I do NOT support the cliche actions of most Marine types (even losing a lot of respect at my sister's boyfriend learning he planned to actually JOIN the marines) but I am still sensible to support a difference in ideas and told him to break a leg anyhow.

A world without war would be an amazing place, but also a very uncultured world. Then again, I still strongly support that wars be dealt with hand-to-hand and melee combat, rather than being cowardly and launching missile strikes or atomic bombs at your enemy. Any idiot can pass basic training and randomly fire into a crowd of enemies, but few would have the nerve to stand up to an army outnumbering them 7/1 if it came down to melee weaponry. A trained chimp can fire a rifle...maybe even an untrained chimp.

I think if people are going to downtalk the armed forces then they should take a moment to-...Hey look! I cameod in this thread.

orconn
08-22-10, 11:26 PM
Having been to a few wars ... and watched the body bags come from the field, and the caskets loaded on the transports for their occupant's trip back to their families in the States, I find the childish bravado of these songs to be offensive. I have enjoyed the friendship of many highly decorated military men of all ranks and have never heard sentiments such as those express in these songs expressed by any of them. I dare say that anyone that has experienced combat whether as an American or in the service of another country would gloat at the death of their enemy (of course they are happy to be alive and their enemy dead). For the enemy is just "you" in another uniform, soldiers must kill in combat for their cause but disrespect for those you must kill is only the province of the immature.

Lupin
08-22-10, 11:42 PM
Having been to a few wars ... and watched the body bags come from the field, and the caskets loaded on the transports for their occupant's trip back to their families in the States, I find the childish bravado of these songs to be offensive. I have enjoyed the friendship of many highly decorated military men of all ranks and have never heard sentiments such as those express in these songs expressed by any of them. I dare say that anyone that has experienced combat whether as an American or in the service of another country would gloat at the death of their enemy (of course they are happy to be alive and their enemy dead). For the enemy is just "you" in another uniform, soldiers must kill in combat for their cause but disrespect for those you must kill is only the province of the immature.

Excellently put. This is exactly why I have the disdain that I do for the gung-ho "Kill some hajis!" frat boy which has been making a fool of the whole of the armed forces for many years. I don't hate soldiers, I don't want anyone to die. I simply get incredibly frustrated with the ridiculous nature of so many who seem to be operating under the idea that killing is some sort of fun game with a high score. I understand that killing is part of war, and war is part of life, but It's nothing to gloat about. It is an unfortunate, yet necessary evil of the universe and should be treated as such. It honestly upsets me. My father was in World War II and he has never once spoken of killing or death in any kind of light manner.

Bro-Ham
08-22-10, 11:48 PM
The vocal exceptions to the rule will always exist. With youtube and facebook, it's easy for these folks to be seen. Letting these nutters be any measure of how you view a group as a whole is your problem for not being able to see the vast overwhelming majority of military service people who are honorable.

The-Dullahan
08-23-10, 03:31 PM

I Envy the Nine Lives that gave me Hell
My path made up by their torn bodies.
Man to Man
Soldier to Soldier
Dust to Dust
Call me a Coward, but I can't take it anymore.

The Ultimate High as all Beautiful dies
A Ruler's Tool, a priest's Excuse, a Tyrant's Delight
I alone, The Great White Hunter
I'll march until the dawn brings me rest
Tenth Patriot at the Gallows Pole

Cut me free, Bleed with me, Oh no
One by one, We will fall, down, down
Pull the plug, End the pain, Run and Fight for life
Hold on tight, this ain't my fight.

Ralph
08-23-10, 04:17 PM
God Bless and thanks for the protection you give Canada also, no....we do not take it for granted! Also don't neglect your Canadian allies in Afghanistan, we're there with you even though other countries have pulled out, AND Canada is actually fighting in the South, where the bloodiest battles are......Unlike fellow NATO members Germany and Turkey (who are "fighting" in the North directing traffic basically) in the South it is the USA, Canada and British Troops making up the bulk basically.

Canada also had a voluntary fighting force in Vietnam of 30,000 soldiers and I have a good CBC link for that!

Never neglect your allies through thick and thin!

orconn
08-23-10, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately, it seems most forget that Canada, Australia, South Korea had allied troops in Vietnam and all lost men to active combat during there stay.

Stingroo
08-23-10, 05:31 PM
South Korea? I've never heard that before.

Way to go textbooks! Sad, really.

Submariner409
08-23-10, 06:09 PM
Post#13's sick, demented verse is a pathetic piece of crap; get out of Dungeons and Dragons, learn a bit of the real world, and grow up. Movies and videos are pure flights of fantasy but the suckers sure do support the business.........

Dullahan, before you post more of your pseudo-military drivel, get a little time on the pond - matter of fact, do a stretch in the military - not a reserve kiddie cruise; full time 24/7/365. Bury a few fellow service members and have a couple die in your arms. Then come back and tell sea stories. As it is you're so pathetically phony and transparent as to be laughable. Just as someone who has "been there - done that" can always tell a VietNam-era bar room liar a mile away.

93DevilleUSMC
08-23-10, 06:35 PM
@ Destroyer, that was someone else that posted the original Warrior Song, and no, it was not stupid. You're entitled to your opinion, though.

@ Lupin: And what actions would those be, sir? I am also having a little trouble understanding how pictures of good men and women dead and in coffins is even remotely funny.

@ the Dullahan: I have no idea what that picture in the first video was about. It looks like some crappy generic fantasy art that somehow manages to blend all the wrong mythic themes and genres.

@ Orconn: The song isn't bragging about killing for the sake of killing; it is about the pride of serving one's country and ideals and being willing to go into the worst environments to inflict destruction on those who threaten them. Like you said, killing is a tragic but necessary fact of a nation's survival. However, there must always be trained and willing killers, and many societies have had elite groups of those. Greece had the Spartans, Rome had the Legionnares, and America has, among many others, the Marines. ALL of the above took extreme pride in what they did, and it was not uncommon for them to sing of it. THAT is not "immature", but is an expression of pride and tradition.

Anyways, I wasn't trying to open a can of worms. I was only posting that for a special group of individuals on here who enjoy and have posted such things on here before. Think what you will.

93DevilleUSMC
08-23-10, 06:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYJLHWJNuew&feature=search

Somehow, there is such a thing as Christian Military Metal. Not sure how that was born.

Photo at 3:04 confuses the Hell out of me though.

Never been a huge fan of this one. Demon Hunter, like most death metal, has less of vocals and more of incoherent screech.

93DevilleUSMC
08-23-10, 06:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIw-BP4zfW4

93DevilleUSMC
08-23-10, 06:58 PM
What service in the Marine Corps is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1P8tTf-GXM&feature=related

The-Dullahan
08-23-10, 08:51 PM
Post#13's sick, demented verse is a pathetic piece of crap; get out of Dungeons and Dragons, learn a bit of the real world, and grow up. Movies and videos are pure flights of fantasy but the suckers sure do support the business.........

Dullahan, before you post more of your pseudo-military drivel, get a little time on the pond - matter of fact, do a stretch in the military - not a reserve kiddie cruise; full time 24/7/365. Bury a few fellow service members and have a couple die in your arms. Then come back and tell sea stories. As it is you're so pathetically phony and transparent as to be laughable. Just as someone who has "been there - done that" can always tell a VietNam-era bar room liar a mile away.

I'll just take a wild stab that post 13 belonged to me, primarilly as it is the kind of post number I'd get assigned with.

Dungeons and Dragons? Yeah, totally. "HAHAHA, he wears a kilt so he plays Dungeons and Dragons"

Racism's always cool pal, it solves all wars, huh? My adoptive father died from complications caused by his time spent fighting. I was Eight and I was there when he passed. The ONLY reason he had to die? Because he too was proud of his heritage. That's so ****ed up that a man would want to fight for his country's freedom. I guess no country deserves to be free, right? **** you. As for serving my country, I will by all means fight AND die for my country the day they wage a war I agree with. I will literally transport myself to wherever the battles are if the government is not reacting in what I consider to be a timely manner. America is a great nation with an immeasurable military strength, but somehow they never seem to use it with the best intentions in mind any more. The U.S.A. today is NOT the same country it was in the 1940's and even me, a "Pathetically Phony, Transparent, Laughable Vietnam Era Barroom Liar" has the eyes to see that. If you're going to spread your backwoods blasphemy, take the time to learn whom you are speaking to as none of the above apply to me. I can't even try to support the Armed Forces, because you get your panties in a knot about it, but then try to act like a Patriot of some sort yourself? What kind of twisted logic is that?

The-Dullahan
08-23-10, 09:57 PM
Never been a huge fan of this one. Demon Hunter, like most death metal, has less of vocals and more of incoherent screech.

Not a fan of this band either, but I wouldn't consider Demon Hunter to be Death Metal.

Destroyer
08-23-10, 10:07 PM
Having been to a few wars ... and watched the body bags come from the field, and the caskets loaded on the transports for their occupant's trip back to their families in the States, I find the childish bravado of these songs to be offensive. I have enjoyed the friendship of many highly decorated military men of all ranks and have never heard sentiments such as those express in these songs expressed by any of them. I dare say that anyone that has experienced combat whether as an American or in the service of another country would gloat at the death of their enemy (of course they are happy to be alive and their enemy dead). For the enemy is just "you" in another uniform, soldiers must kill in combat for their cause but disrespect for those you must kill is only the province of the immature.f**kin' A dude! Best read I've had in LONG time and I feel the same way. Posting these "homo" songs for self gratification gets old and it is NOT what America and the armed forces are about. These are simply "feel good" songs for the rednecks and trailer trash of the US of A to stroke their chickens over.

Lupin
08-23-10, 10:46 PM
I'll just take a wild stab that post 13 belonged to me, primarilly as it is the kind of post number I'd get assigned with.

Dungeons and Dragons? Yeah, totally. "HAHAHA, he wears a kilt so he plays Dungeons and Dragons"

Racism's always cool pal, it solves all wars, huh? My adoptive father died from complications caused by his time spent fighting. I was Eight and I was there when he passed. The ONLY reason he had to die? Because he too was proud of his heritage. That's so ****ed up that a man would want to fight for his country's freedom. I guess no country deserves to be free, right? **** you. As for serving my country, I will by all means fight AND die for my country the day they wage a war I agree with. I will literally transport myself to wherever the battles are if the government is not reacting in what I consider to be a timely manner. America is a great nation with an immeasurable military strength, but somehow they never seem to use it with the best intentions in mind any more. The U.S.A. today is NOT the same country it was in the 1940's and even me, a "Pathetically Phony, Transparent, Laughable Vietnam Era Barroom Liar" has the eyes to see that. If you're going to spread your backwoods blasphemy, take the time to learn whom you are speaking to as none of the above apply to me. I can't even try to support the Armed Forces, because you get your panties in a knot about it, but then try to act like a Patriot of some sort yourself? What kind of twisted logic is that?

Well put, friend. I detest the military industrial complex as it stands, and the armed forces along with it. Not soldiers, as I understand they are individuals, but the military as it is, I do despise. I know the Dullahan, and I can tell you he and I are of like mind when it comes to this subject. I would gladly lay my life down to defend freedom in this country, however, I know for a fact that the chances of me defending freedom in the armed forces is about as likely as me defending a sea otter in the desert. The moment there is a conflict which the forefathers would have agreed to lay down American lives, I guarantee you I will personally transport myself to the front by any means necessary and put my rifle skills to work.

93DevilleUSMC
08-23-10, 10:52 PM
I post a video or two and Destroyer calls it "feel good songs" for "trailer trash". Lupin and Dullahan decide that they are going to fly themselves into war zones, and no one says a damn thing. Now THAT is funny.

Just saying.

The-Dullahan
08-24-10, 12:27 AM
I've no intention to fly into a war zone. There are few wars being waged on this planet that I agree with. My family has seen enough bloodshed in the name of the Motherland and I've no reason to try to incite a rebellion against the monarchy.

Even in indifference, Josiah and Lupin are being may haps some of the most sensible people here, albeit they each have greatly different beliefs than I do. Apparently people here cannot understand that and hold a hypocritical resentment against me for it, to them I offer this:

When you hold your mortally wounded friend in your arms and death is all around you, saying "It's not about you anymore" is not enough. Trust me that I know this, even though your great "war heroes" claim I am wrong.

I could die a hero in Iraq for a false war that the country uses to let leaders profit off of the spilled blood of their soldiers. I could go forth and bring glory to my Family Name and as there are only enough of us left on this earth that you'd count us easily on one hand, what would they do in a house full of false glory if they had to live there alone because my death was in vain, as for what it's worth, the government saw me simply as a replaceable, expendable commodity. Peace sells, but The War Machine always turns a higher profit for those involved.

EcSTSatic
08-24-10, 08:46 AM
I guess since I posted the original video a while back I'm obliged to sound off. I think it may have been expressed best in Full Metal Jacket when a marine was challenged for having a peace sign button and "Born To Kill" written on his helmet. His response had a reference to the duality of man by Jung. Even though the intent of the scene was to make the officer look stupid, there was more to that comment.

I'm no theologian and I'm not a writer or a public speaker but here goes: While most of us desire peace we know that it doesn't exist naturally, not since the fall of man. The lion will not lay down with the lamb and there will always be fighting among man. Every man or woman that joins the military has their own reasons for enlisting, I won't try to analyze that. Once they are in however, the military culture tries to provide the soldier, sailor or marine with all the tools necessary to succeed. This includes mental as well as physical equipment. A marine in this case needs to believe that he and his comrades have a high success probability and they aren't expected to commit suicide on every mission. I don't think anyone who has been in a combat zone and has smelled death is "fooled" by the boasting presented in these videos but they do provide a sense of preparedness and confidence that allows the combatant to say "bring it on".

Peace is a luxury paid for by warriors. I believe that if you haven't had to stand up in front of an enemy willing to kill you, your opinion is just that.

Semper Fi

concorso
08-24-10, 01:00 PM
Yes. yes it is.No, no it wasnt. You NEVER make a joke using a soliders' death as the punch line. I clearly see the point you made, but the way you illustrated it was disgusting, especially from someone who's stepfather was a vet. Very disgusting.

While I agree that the military is corrupt and I do NOT support the cliche actions of most Marine types (even losing a lot of respect at my sister's boyfriend learning he planned to actually JOIN the marines) but I am still sensible to support a difference in ideas and told him to break a leg anyhow.If the military is as corrupt as you say it is, then it certainly needs the help of good honest respectful individuals like yourself. You cant change how the forces work, from the outside.

The-Dullahan
08-24-10, 01:44 PM
If the military is as corrupt as you say it is, then it certainly needs the help of good honest respectful individuals like yourself. You cant change how the forces work, from the outside.

True, but alas, I lack the necessary funding it requires to become in a position of such power, President, for example, as to wholly alter the system. Aside from that, to create a properly functioning military power, we would need to change the way wars are fought worldwide, by every military or rebel power in existence. the "hippie" solution of simply not having wars, tragically will never be, as it is against our entire nature as mankind. Were I in such a war however and I was killed, seeing my religious views on war and death, I assure you, I would be rather upset if there was no person to make a joke and laugh about my demise.

Submariner409
08-24-10, 03:21 PM
You are truly pathetic.

Kilt ??? I'm a MacLean (Duart), both clan and sept.

Lupin
08-24-10, 03:28 PM
No, no it wasnt. You NEVER make a joke using a soliders' death as the punch line. I clearly see the point you made, but the way you illustrated it was disgusting, especially from someone who's stepfather was a vet. Very disgusting.

Dullahan didn't post that image. I did. My stepfather wasn't a vet, I have no stepfather. My blood father was. That image is designed to illustrate a point. Being that it is the internet, these images can be exceedingly brash. However, such images need to exist, as although they may be unpleasant to more sensitive people, it brings to light a point that would most likely otherwise go unsaid.

If the military is as corrupt as you say it is, then it certainly needs the help of good honest respectful individuals like yourself. You cant change how the forces work, from the outside.

Unfortunately the military doesn't accept applications for administrative positions. If I were to join the military, and I refused to follow an order, any order, I would be called a traitor and a terrorist, and be sent to a military court. If I refused an order to drop a bomb on an area I knew to be dense with civilians, I would be called a traitor and punished.

Okay, let's suppose, for a minute, that the military isn't corrupt. Then please explain to me this....

http://www.ssrsi.org/Onsite/BBStext/shootus.htm

Then, if you can explain that to me, please explain to my why the number of "yes" answers to that survey more than doubled between 1994 and when it was re-administered in 2008.

Lupin
08-24-10, 03:34 PM
You are truly pathetic.

Kilt ??? I'm a MacLean (Duart), both clan and sept.

Submariner, I don't understand why you're going off on him. He never claimed anything about being a sailor. Also, you do realize that his post #13 was song lyrics, right?

orconn
08-24-10, 05:11 PM
Many young people, and many naive and inexperienced older ones, have a very biased and unrealistic view of the U.S. military. And while I am not myself naive enough to believe I can change their strongly held, if erroneous views, on the military, I would like to enlighten them to some facts they may not know.

The men and woman of the various branches of the U.S. armed forces, at all levels, are more highly educated, both technicaly and from university level courses and degrees in the humanities and sciences, than the general population. This has come about because of the military's own training but also because of university education paid for by the services to keep their personel at the forefront of knowledge today. This has been the case since well before the Vietnam era and is even more prevalent today. In many cases they are more highly qualified to make policy decisions than the civilian leaders they serve.

The leadership and rank and file within combat arms are under a strict set of rules of engagement which prohibit the haphazard attack of civilian targets or individuals except when provoked or solid intelligence analysis has determined that the target has strongly indicated hostile intent. These rules of engagement are strictly adhered to, sometimes at great risk and harm to our combatants. To many young folks whose knowledge is gained or much influenced by Hollywood portrayals; these rules of engagement are not new but were in effect and strictly adhered in Vietnam, as well as Iraq and Afghanistan.

In this country the decision to go to war is a political decision and not one made by the military leadership. Having known and served with members of the National Security Council, I can tell you that in most cases it is the military and naval leadership that is most reluctant to enter hostilities with our troops and other capabilities. The decision to begin, carryon, and end military action rests solely with the civilian leadership of the country.

I often hear young people of military age and older say that they would "join up and fight" if the war was one they "approved of." Let me just say that given the level of education and knowledge of world affairs in this country, if we left approval of our military actions to await general approval we could only defend our national interests when directly attacked where there were sufficient casualties and deaths to provoke a sufficiently emotional response to win each individuals personal approval. I find that those who claim they "would fight" if they saw fit are only deluding themselves. The truth is they do not believe that it is truly every citizen's duty to defend the nation, but only the duty of those who can be duped into serving. The truth is closer to the reality that these folks are really cowards, who would rather give in to oppression than risk their lives defending their and our nation's freedom.

When I see appeals to a very base nature of a combat troop, I am reminded more of the cowardly bravado of those who stand to the side than to the views held by the men and women who have chosen to defend our freedom on a daily basis. I prefer to bring to mind the memories of those valiant souls who inspite of great peril to themselves have fought so we might enjoy our freedom.

Lupin
08-24-10, 07:19 PM
The only problem I have with your post is your insistence upon using "defending our freedom," to describe the actions of our military. Tell me in what way is any soldier in the middle east, Europe, or Asia right now defending my freedom? I saw plenty of soldiers attacking and disarming my brothers in Louisiana, forcing entry into their homes to confiscate their lawfully acquired firearms in a time of looting and chaos where they needed them most. Tell me how their freedom was being protected by that military which beat and disarmed them, please. Also, please explain to me how the growing willingness of American soldiers to fire upon Americans, as reflected in the study I posted, further buttresses my freedom.

93DevilleUSMC
08-24-10, 10:11 PM
Lupin..as far as the firearms confiscation in Louisiana during Katrina's aftermath, it never should have happened. However, military personnel, when given orders, have to follow them. The American people are responsible for keeping the military subordinate to the civil power and, like all other branches of government, held within the bounds of the Constitution. President Bush signed a law forbidding further confiscation of firearms in such situations, but still, we have to make sure that law is adhered to. As far as the military's role in our freedom goes, it is quite simple. Their actions in the American Revolution guaranteed that the founding of our nation would become a physical and political fact, as opposed to idealistic grandstanding by politicians in Philadelphia. The existance of a military today guarantees that the United States will never suffer subjugation from an external power (now, if we could just keep the idiots within from doing the same thing, but that is another topic entirely), and guarantees that we can project our own interests abroad when necessary. Prime examples of this are the first and second World Wars, and Iraq. With WWI, the United States was being offered as a territorial bargaining chip to Mexico by Germany (see the Zimmerman Note). With WWII, the United States was a target of Hitler's expansionist military plans. Even if it wasn't, having Europe under the hand of a murderer like Hitler was unnacceptable, both in moral and strategic terms. With Iraq, you had a regime that did support terrorism, had a substantial history of using chemical weapons against it's own people, political dissidents, and it's own neighbors. A nation cannot have any state of freedom without its sovereignty intact, and cannot be free if it has been crippled or destroyed. The military's purpose is to guarantee the nation's survival and sovereignty, and it has done so well since 1775. For all other issues of freedom not related to national security or conflict, the people should focus less on the military and more on reigning in the bunch of petty crooks and tyrants we call politicians.

And Lupin, one last thing: I understand the point you were trying to make with that picture, but that was the wrong way entirely to make it. You seem to be a very eloquent and reasonable person, and I know you're capable of making your point in a far better way.

93DevilleUSMC
08-24-10, 10:15 PM
I guess since I posted the original video a while back I'm obliged to sound off. I think it may have been expressed best in Full Metal Jacket when a marine was challenged for having a peace sign button and "Born To Kill" written on his helmet. His response had a reference to the duality of man by Jung. Even though the intent of the scene was to make the officer look stupid, there was more to that comment.

I'm no theologian and I'm not a writer or a public speaker but here goes: While most of us desire peace we know that it doesn't exist naturally, not since the fall of man. The lion will not lay down with the lamb and there will always be fighting among man. Every man or woman that joins the military has their own reasons for enlisting, I won't try to analyze that. Once they are in however, the military culture tries to provide the soldier, sailor or marine with all the tools necessary to succeed. This includes mental as well as physical equipment. A marine in this case needs to believe that he and his comrades have a high success probability and they aren't expected to commit suicide on every mission. I don't think anyone who has been in a combat zone and has smelled death is "fooled" by the boasting presented in these videos but they do provide a sense of preparedness and confidence that allows the combatant to say "bring it on".

Peace is a luxury paid for by warriors. I believe that if you haven't had to stand up in front of an enemy willing to kill you, your opinion is just that.

Semper Fi

Agreed. My point exactly, but far more eloquently stated.

Semper Fi.

93DevilleUSMC
08-24-10, 10:25 PM
f**kin' A dude! Best read I've had in LONG time and I feel the same way. Posting these "homo" songs for self gratification gets old and it is NOT what America and the armed forces are about. These are simply "feel good" songs for the rednecks and trailer trash of the US of A to stroke their chickens over.

You would have no clue as to what the Armed Forces are about, as your posts frequently demonstrate, and I daresay the persons you call trailer trash and rednecks have far more common sense and moral sense than you do.

If my posts get old or annoy you, ignore them. It is not that hard.

Destroyer
08-24-10, 10:35 PM
I post a video or two and Destroyer calls it "feel good songs" for "trailer trash". Lupin and Dullahan decide that they are going to fly themselves into war zones, and no one says a damn thing. Now THAT is funny.

Just saying.Tell me it's not. Senseless death of our armed forces and the enemies. Put a f***ing rock song in the backround and it makes it ok? Yes our troops are to be commended but it falls flat as to the reasons why. Once again, senseless and a pitiful waste. :cookoo:

93DevilleUSMC
08-24-10, 10:42 PM
Many young people, and many naive and inexperienced older ones, have a very biased and unrealistic view of the U.S. military. And while I am not myself naive enough to believe I can change their strongly held, if erroneous views, on the military, I would like to enlighten them to some facts they may not know.

The men and woman of the various branches of the U.S. armed forces, at all levels, are more highly educated, both technicaly and from university level courses and degrees in the humanities and sciences, than the general population. This has come about because of the military's own training but also because of university education paid for by the services to keep their personel at the forefront of knowledge today. This has been the case since well before the Vietnam era and is even more prevalent today. In many cases they are more highly qualified to make policy decisions than the civilian leaders they serve.

The leadership and rank and file within combat arms are under a strict set of rules of engagement which prohibit the haphazard attack of civilian targets or individuals except when provoked or solid intelligence analysis has determined that the target has strongly indicated hostile intent. These rules of engagement are strictly adhered to, sometimes at great risk and harm to our combatants. To many young folks whose knowledge is gained or much influenced by Hollywood portrayals; these rules of engagement are not new but were in effect and strictly adhered in Vietnam, as well as Iraq and Afghanistan.

In this country the decision to go to war is a political decision and not one made by the military leadership. Having known and served with members of the National Security Council, I can tell you that in most cases it is the military and naval leadership that is most reluctant to enter hostilities with our troops and other capabilities. The decision to begin, carryon, and end military action rests solely with the civilian leadership of the country.

I often hear young people of military age and older say that they would "join up and fight" if the war was one they "approved of." Let me just say that given the level of education and knowledge of world affairs in this country, if we left approval of our military actions to await general approval we could only defend our national interests when directly attacked where there were sufficient casualties and deaths to provoke a sufficiently emotional response to win each individuals personal approval. I find that those who claim they "would fight" if they saw fit are only deluding themselves. The truth is they do not believe that it is truly every citizen's duty to defend the nation, but only the duty of those who can be duped into serving. The truth is closer to the reality that these folks are really cowards, who would rather give in to oppression than risk their lives defending their and our nation's freedom.

When I see appeals to a very base nature of a combat troop, I am reminded more of the cowardly bravado of those who stand to the side than to the views held by the men and women who have chosen to defend our freedom on a daily basis. I prefer to bring to mind the memories of those valiant souls who inspite of great peril to themselves have fought so we might enjoy our freedom.

Excellent post, sir, but I only disagree with you on one point. The idea of appealing to a combat soldier or Marine's baser nature is to make him able to kill in war. Tell me, were my DIs or yours making cowards and fools of us when they had us scream "KILL!!" so many times a day? (You may or may not have had to do that, as I don't remember which branch you served with). Read Polynikes's siloiquoy to Alexander in "Gates of Fire" by Stephen Pressfield. I should also point out that both the original Warrior Song and the one in this thread, Hard Corps, were created by former military personnel, one of whom was a Marine Corps Drill Instructor. This, I think, sets both songs apart from and above some other songs of that nature.

Destroyer
08-24-10, 10:46 PM
You would have no clue as to what the Armed Forces are about, as your posts frequently demonstrate, and I daresay the persons you call trailer trash and rednecks have far more common sense and moral sense than you do.

If my posts get old or annoy you, ignore them. It is not that hard.And you have a clue? Do tell! Where exactly am I lacking in common sense and moral sense pal? Oh, and please stop all the "Semper Fi" BS. You are nothing more than a "wannabe". At 23 years of age, you ain't seen nothing so don't pretend you have. Youtube doesn't count.

Destroyer
08-24-10, 11:08 PM
Excellent post, sir, but I only disagree with you on one point. The idea of appealing to a combat soldier or Marine's baser nature is to make him able to kill in war. Tell me, were my DIs or yours making cowards and fools of us when they had us scream "KILL!!" so many times a day? (You may or may not have had to do that, as I don't remember which branch you served with). Read Polynikes's siloiquoy to Alexander in "Gates of Fire" by Stephen Pressfield. I should also point out that both the original Warrior Song and the one in this thread, Hard Corps, were created by former military personnel, one of whom was a Marine Corps Drill Instructor. This, I think, sets both songs apart from and above some other songs of that nature.Dude, you really need to get laid! :yup:

93DevilleUSMC
08-24-10, 11:28 PM
And you have a clue? Do tell! Where exactly am I lacking in common sense and moral sense pal? Oh, and please stop all the "Semper Fi" BS. You are nothing more than a "wannabe". At 23 years of age, you ain't seen nothing so don't pretend you have. Youtube doesn't count.

Actually, I do have a clue, and have seen quite a few things you have no clue about. I did serve, which means I am no wannabe. And Semper Fi, *******. Shove it right up your ass.

93DevilleUSMC
08-24-10, 11:29 PM
Dude, you really need to get laid! :yup:

You need to read and get some clue as to what you're talking about before you run your ignorant-ass mouth.