: 2 codes what could they be

CadillacPimpinNOLA
08-21-10, 02:43 AM
ok i was sitting in trafic at a stand still. i could feel a lil shake through the pedal and steering wheel. very very light hardly noticable.

i decided to check the codes see if anything come up. i got 2 codes

(-02) 26: Serial Data Communication (circuit shorted to battery, shorted to ground, or circuit open)

(-04) 67: Throttle position sensor comparison malfunction

the TPS is really starting to piss me off now, any ideas

outsider
08-21-10, 08:41 AM
replace the TPS maybe?

CadillacPimpinNOLA
08-21-10, 12:39 PM
im going to when i get to work monday, this will be the 3rd one, 2nd one in 2 weeks. what about the other code

sven914
08-21-10, 09:36 PM
The serial data DTC is indicating that something, probably in the A/C system has stopped communicating with the computer. Have you noticed any lack of performance from the climate control?

Stop replacing the TPS sensor. If the first replacement did not fix the problem, the second, fifth, or tenth will do absolutely nothing. When there is something not working properly in the engine, your ECM must assume the cause. For example: The computer sees the TPS signal does not match the MAF reading, so it gives you the DTC for the TPS, while it was actually the MAF sensor that has failed.

CadillacPimpinNOLA
08-22-10, 01:54 AM
when i replaced the tps the other day it helped out. it no longer gave a 1-2 slippping in the trans, only a 2-3 flair now.

as for the climate control absolutly no problems at all

CadillacPimpinNOLA
08-23-10, 02:10 PM
so if everything is running fine right now except for the transmission, where do i start looking for the problem... and i was deciding to change the tps b/c when i done it the first time, i didnt wanna wait for the dealership to order one so i picked up a $20 one from pepboys to get me mobile again