: Babys come back...

creeker
08-20-10, 11:42 PM
I sold my 80cdv three years ago, It didn't take long before I missed it,I have been looking for another one since, I seen a real nice bright red one for sale about a week ago, it took the guy three days to reply, I complimented him on how great the car looks, well it turned out that it was my car that I sold three years ago, I'm picking it up on sunday.

77CDV
08-21-10, 01:08 AM
Lucky find! Good for you! :thumbsup:

orconn
08-21-10, 01:52 AM
There is only one car I wish I could own again. But unfortunately I cannot afford the $1 million or more price tag. I enjoyed owning it for ten years, and enjoyed the process of acquiring it back in the sixties. It drove magnificently and was the car with which I courted the woman who would become my wife.

If I had it today i would build a special room for it, one with access to the open road, so I could take her out and enjoy the song of 12 OHC cylinders fed by six dual choke Webbers, and the enjoyment of a ZF all synchro 5 speed that snicked off the gears at my command!

I loved her 15 coats of "amoranto" (beautiful dark cherry red) laquer and her black real leather upholstery ... and the fact that she was equipped with the finest components money could by in 1964 ... including Cadillac electric windows with their GM switches. The two distributors (six spark each) were Mirelli and showed the workmanship and engine turning found in Swiss mechanical watches. Wheels were the best Italian wires with three eared knockoffs. And of course the coachwork was aluminum designed and fashioned by "Touring" in their "Superlegera" system.

This car had no sound system, except a transistor portable to keep abreast of traffic reports, and no air conditioning. But it was a work of art whose satisfactions were of a sensory kind unknown today.

The car was a Lamborghini 350 GT made in 1964 ... my car was the 1964 Geneva show car which put Lamborghini on the map, it was suposedly the first production Lamborghini, hence its' high price tag today! I was privileged to have owned it, and cherish my memories of the car and all the experiences that came with it!

The-Dullahan
08-21-10, 05:19 AM
As Sting has told me that they say on The Interwebs

Pics or it DIDN'T HAPPEN.

The-Dullahan
08-21-10, 05:21 AM
A friend of mine has a Lamborghini. One of the only two foreign cars I have ever driven. I was glad to see I'm not missing anything by choosing an American car.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-21-10, 10:17 AM
Yep, I'd sure take a hearse over a Lamborghini any day of the week. :bigroll:

Cool stuff Creeker, I often wonder if I'll ever again see that '95 Roadmaster I first owned.

The-Dullahan
08-21-10, 02:23 PM
Yep, I'd sure take a hearse over a Lamborghini any day of the week. :bigroll:

I'd take a Lamborghini, but only if I was allowed to sell it to PURCHASE something else.

Let's hypothetically say that someone made me an offer where they would pay for my car, pay for the title transfer, the insurance, the gas, the maintenance and any other bill that it would ever wrack up, effectively giving me a completely free car. The catch was it had to be that Murcielago LP 670-4 with it's lame bull/alphabet soup name or a lame American car. Let's say something lame, like a standard family sedan from the 80's. Not old enough to be a classic, but too old to be all fancy. Caprice, Roadmaster, whatever it was. Let's say it was a ford Meteor. No contest, I'd take the meteor.

It has nothing to do with taking a Hearse over the Lamborghini, just that I'd take basically ANYTHING over a Lamborghini. Maybe even a rusted old Corolla.

Submariner409
08-21-10, 02:47 PM
orconn, If this is your idea of hiring a comedian, you fail.

orconn
08-21-10, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I see what you mean!

gary88
08-21-10, 03:18 PM
I'd take a Lamborghini, but only if I was allowed to sell it to PURCHASE something else.

Let's hypothetically say that someone made me an offer where they would pay for my car, pay for the title transfer, the insurance, the gas, the maintenance and any other bill that it would ever wrack up, effectively giving me a completely free car. The catch was it had to be that Murcielago LP 670-4 with it's lame bull/alphabet soup name or a lame American car. Let's say something lame, like a standard family sedan from the 80's. Not old enough to be a classic, but too old to be all fancy. Caprice, Roadmaster, whatever it was. Let's say it was a ford Meteor. No contest, I'd take the meteor.

It has nothing to do with taking a Hearse over the Lamborghini, just that I'd take basically ANYTHING over a Lamborghini. Maybe even a rusted old Corolla.

http://a.imageshack.us/img715/7674/al4shi.gif

orconn
08-21-10, 03:25 PM
http://a.imageshack.us/img715/7674/al4shi.gif

You are right Gary88, he is a better comedian!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-21-10, 07:28 PM
Funny sloth, not so funny irishman. Why you be hating on the Lamborghinis?

ga_etc
08-21-10, 07:34 PM

Huh????? :hmm::helpless:

ga_etc
08-21-10, 07:35 PM
I sold my 80cdv three years ago, It didn't take long before I missed it,I have been looking for another one since, I seen a real nice bright red one for sale about a week ago, it took the guy three days to reply, I complimented him on how great the car looks, well it turned out that it was my car that I sold three years ago, I'm picking it up on sunday.

Very cool!

hueterm
08-21-10, 08:02 PM
yep, i'd sure take a hearse over a lamborghini any day of the week. :bigroll:

hahahahahaha